Cosmetic Editing: Limitations.

Got a Question? Ask it. ( does not include comments and suggestions)
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: Cosmetic Editing: Limitations.

Post by Dowe »

Things can be legal but still frowned upon. (lol fast reply /spin )
/right
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

So then why are we considering limitations if the issue at hand is not limitations, but a common understanding that you could do it, it's just not proper etiquette.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Ugh. There is no point to continuing this.
/right
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

There has to be a point if Haelstrom is asking what mods he, and other players, are limited to.

You could say he only wants to know what we are allowed to do. Which would still bring us back to my point. If a GM says, "we will allow certain edits," how do we ensure nobody will do more than that?
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

cometodru, you're not listening.

I am not asking for some mass punishment, some change in guidelines, etc. - I am asking for what guidelines the server deems correct regarding modifications like I listed, and then I am going by that. I could honestly care less how/if others are prevented from doing more, as that does not pertain to the subject. There is no "considering limitations" for future action, this is not meant to be a change to the server in any shape or form as much as a (mildly) simple question to staff.

As for moral guidelines / rules - something again can be legal, and still be frowned upon, as said. Rules are mostly based on what keeps the server running from the owners' stand-point, in a legitimate and functioning manner for the long term. Not necessarily what I or you think is "correct." It's governing, not one's moral philosophy. But that's neither here nor there.

While I enjoy a hearty debate, that's not the intention of this thread from conception or beyond. Perhaps after this, we can make a thread and debate/form a policy on it if it's deemed necessary by the community, but as it is, I'm asking Koma/Kiana/whoever will answer a question to which I expect the server's official stance & answer. There's no point in arguing a question, you're interjecting in the wrong phase if any phase even warrants an interjection.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

I'm not asking for mass punishment, but if the GMs respond and say, "These things can be done," isn't it the same as them saying, "Aside from those things, you cannot do these." Basically, how do we keep people from going past the point you're asking? You started this thread asking for the limitations of the edits, all I'm adding to it that the GMs not say we are limited to certain edits only, if there's not a way to counteract what they say we can't do. If you're not looking for "limits," but rather a moral line, couldn't that be done at your own discretion?

Rather than asking about all edits, couldn't you have just asked about specific ones? Instead, you gave examples of some purely cosmetic changes and then continued by asking if certain other changes have gone too far. You're hitting too broad a spectrum of GRF editing if you wanted to know specific cases of what can and can't be done, the list of what can be done is near limitless. But you're not even asking that anymore, you're just wanting to see what the GMs will deem immoral now. And like I've already stated, without knowing what and how, they can't answer you.

This thread should be closed if Haelstrom is not actually asking what limitations. If Haelstrom chooses to pursue a moral, and not limiting, stance, he can just make a new thread stating what edits specifically he has in question. "What do you think of..." not "Should we restrict this?" Case by case scenarios of what is being changed and in what way.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

cometodru wrote:This thread should be closed if Haelstrom is not actually asking what limitations.
No, it should not. Just because you want to turn a legitimate question into a debate doesn't mean the thread needs closed. Koma already said he was going to reply after contemplating the things brought up in this thread, but this is not a lobby for punishment, you're missing the entire purpose of the topic.

I have a question. I want an answer. If it's locked after that, cool.