Multi-clienting in BG

Got a Question? Ask it. ( does not include comments and suggestions)
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Multi-clienting in BG

Post by cometodru »

LOLOL, we're not MC reliant..... . . . . . ? What? There's actually only 3, maybe 4, people in our guild who do it on a regular basis........

It's just near impossible for some people to bg. Even right now, I just messaged through @main asking how many active people there were. 4 responses in 10 minutes. How do you organize a bg with that kind of response?

LOL You misunderstood my size thing. I know size is fairly unimportant in terms of guild strength in the long run. Out of the three/four active guilds, that are actually a threat to other guilds without the need for small alliances, we are the smallest. I've seen smaller teams than what we're running do very well. The point being, even if all of us are on, which never happens, even during WoE, we still don't have enough for battlegrounds. [I wonder if Grant was using fraps when he and I held off 200+ people in an emp room using a creator and a linker, that was epic fun. I bet you'd like to see that, it was full of a lot of funny moments... must find out if we recorded that day.]
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

cometodru wrote:LOLOL, we're not MC reliant..... . . . . . ? What? There's actually only 3, maybe 4, people in our guild who do it on a regular basis........

I'm not saying you need MCs to do daily tasks, I'm saying you're making the claim you guys need MCs to BG, or that you'd be reliant on MCs to BG. That's what the thread has stated so far, no? =P

As for organizing, there will be days you cannot get it done. Reason being, there are people who either:

I. Don't feel like it.
II. Don't know what BGs are.
III. "DON'T LIKE TO PVP I PREFER KILLING POPORINGS"
IV. Confuse BGs with WoE. "I'm not level 99 yet and I don't have a +7 Feather Beret and-" Part of BG'ing is getting decent PVP gear through PVP.
V. Are lazy. Really, really lazy.

You just gotta keep hitting around. If it don't work once, try again in a couple hours when possible. Hell, if you want, when CB does it (we usually get good luck once more than 1 of our guild members are looking), we can hit you up for it unless you're opposed.

But the likelihood of you as a guild having enough for 10v10 BG is unlikely at any one given time where all 20 people are your guild-mates, ready, willing to do it for a while, etc. That's why you gotta cave in and offer other guild leaders an invite, they ask their guild for you, you get big chunks of people. Most active day is usually Saturday~Sunday~Monday, somewhere in that area as WoE is still fresh and thus a lot more people are on and in the PVP mentality.

And that does sound pro. Most recent thing I wished I'd recorded is when I managed to Strip 32 female characters in a row back to back while people watched helplessly. That I didn't fail even once with no real Dex and that I never ran into a single FCP, plus that they were all chicks and I failed on the first guy that came through - that was awesome.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Phaiyte wrote:I still refuse to allow multi clienting in bg simply because it'll only get abused.
I'm not saying or care if it's gdragon himself,
but someone's going to do it,
and it won't be pretty.
-1 still.
QFT.

I can't really add anything to this besides that i completely agree with this comment.
/right
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Dowe wrote:
Phaiyte wrote:I still refuse to allow multi clienting in bg simply because it'll only get abused.
I'm not saying or care if it's gdragon himself,
but someone's going to do it,
and it won't be pretty.
-1 still.
QFT.

I can't really add anything to this besides that i completely agree with this comment.
Let's be friends <3
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

-1 the server is big enough to support 10v10. while not on a regular basis, you can get it together quit easily. If not 10v10 you can still do 5v5. It's better than nothing. 5v5 was created specifically so you don't have to M/C if you don't have enough for 10v10. Yes M/Cing was done in the past but that's when the server was low in pop and the rules weren't specific about it. Thus it was abused by a lot of guilds.