Multi-clienting in BG

Got a Question? Ask it. ( does not include comments and suggestions)
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Re: Multi-clienting in BG

Post by Phaiyte »

You've got to realize that one of the only things people would
multiclient in battlegrounds for is to get the gear and quit after that.
I personally don't even like the fact that people on a
server like this are running rampant with them in the first place.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

After seeing the BG's that went on today. Which included several Tempest. I see no reason why people are still pulling this issue up. We went several hours of none stop matches. You're not always going to get on the "good" team. You will go a few matches without winning. But at least you are getting badges in the first place.

BG's wasn't meant for people to go do by themselves. The rewards are far to great for that. Every time you think "It's not worth it." Realize this, You could be doing the 5v5 and not getting a single badge. Just put up with the lack of skilled players on your team. Or get the numbers to do it with your own group.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Koma wrote:I agree. It is an irritating mindset which gets nothing done, but does allowing MCs in BG really solve the issue? Depending on the amount, we have had issues where a player would MC 10 players in an arena -- meaning it was either a lop-sided match, or it was as if we just gave them the win and there was no match at all.

The original suggestion before was to set an official time for BGs so that players could agree to gather at a point knowing full well that people with like mindsets would join. However, there was no response in the Battlegrounds forums to set it. See viewforum.php?f=52. I know that's far from what you're looking for (the anytime ability to BG), but it is a starting point which could at least lead to BGs lasting a couple of hours and hopefully longer as time progresses.
Sure, set an official time for BG. At least then, people would actually participate. I did also like that "happy hour" idea which Dowe mentioned.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

We already tried schedules for it; didn't work out so well (yet). But this happy hour idea sounds promising, although perhaps not that many bonus medals.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Yeah, well I do BG for fun and not for badges. You guys can discuss how much is enough to encourage people to play. Perhaps the "happy hour" idea could extend to be for specific or (alternating?) the battleground types of rounds (as in Terra/Flavius). It is sort of depressing that no one plays Flavius, and it is so fun :( .

Anyway. Discuss it between yourselves. If it makes battlegrounds more popular, I'm game for it.
/right
Rosa
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Rosa »

Phaiyte wrote:I personally don't even like the fact that people on a
Same here really. Since it's already like that, however, I'd rather things stay the way they are. Having a set time for them could/would lead to even more of them on the server. It shouldn't really be too hard for people to plan with others (friends, guild members, random people) in advance, rather than trying to organize a group on the spot.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Rosa wrote:
Phaiyte wrote:I personally don't even like the fact that people on a
Same here really. Since it's already like that, however, I'd rather things stay the way they are. Having a set time for them could/would lead to even more of them on the server. It shouldn't really be too hard for people to plan with others (friends, guild members, random people) in advance, rather than trying to organize a group on the spot.
Tell that to newer players. I had a rough time starting out here on this server. Everyone I've met before I started out a guild was a complete douche, if they even bother to answer your questions in the first place that is. Thing is, not everyone has a big guild, or people they know in the server. With that being said, there's also the factor of time zones. There are times when there's hardly anyone online, aside from the 40 merchants autovending.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Rosa wrote:Same here really. Since it's already like that, however, I'd rather things stay the way they are. Having a set time for them could/would lead to even more of them on the server. It shouldn't really be too hard for people to plan with others (friends, guild members, random people) in advance, rather than trying to organize a group on the spot.
Planning ahead is great and all, but lets look at it from our guilds point of view and why GDRAGON is frustrated. Most people in our guild really don't see a need to get BG items, their uses don't outweigh the uses of other weapons and builds we could do which would be overall more effective, for the way we play, or many of our members don't care enough for battlegrounds to even try, myself falling into both those categories. Now when someone in our guild wants to battlegrounds, at most, with multiclients and everything, the highest I've seen our guild count is maybe... 17? There are only two people our guild who currently care enough to get bg gears. With the others constantly doing other things, and not enough people to bg when the two people are actually able to get on, they're unable to even do bg 99.999(repeating)% of the time when they're on because when they do get on, it's during the dead hours of the server.

I'm pretty sure everyone has noticed that Tempest is the smallest power guild on the server. >.< We're already at a disadvantage in that regard, but that doesn't bother us. It's actually the story of our life on every server we play. What's keeping most of our members out of bg to help the two people, is the fact that even if the entire guild was on, we're usually on, and become active, when the other guilds are not.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I still refuse to allow multi clienting in bg simply because it'll only get abused.
I'm not saying or care if it's gdragon himself,
but someone's going to do it,
and it won't be pretty.
-1 still.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

cometodru: In regards to people, trust me, I know your pain. It took me 4 months to get Haelstrom's body armor.

4 months.

And last week after returning from a brief forced hiatus, I went to the Hidden Enchant NPC and tried enchanting my body armor real fast hoping for +1~3 STR - broke, first try, right before afternoon WoE. I raged, sighed, and proceeded to get ready for more BGs.

But, things are different from back then. You ultimately gotta accept that you can't BG in-guild only. That's what CB wanted to do back in the day, because we didn't want to gear up competition. But we realized that just doesn't work. Be frequent about BGs and you'll still be ahead of your competition, but you just gotta accept that you need to BG with others - hell, I could care less if CB BGs on my side or not, and often times members of ours switch sides. Only reason I'm always blue is that I call blue side. [Sniff.]

Get into the BGs, invite people up in Pront, hit us up (we'll gladly BG pretty often). 10v10 BG is pretty win-win given both sides at least get one medal. It may not work any day, but when it does, it can go on for several hours straight.

A mildly active BG day saw me get 29 BG medals last.. Monday, I wanna say? So trust me when I say, coming from a guild that is also MC reliant and rather small in base numbers: it's doable without MC'ing. Just takes more effort.

As for you guys being the smallest: hardly. =P I've seen tons of guilds WoE romp that have less of a presence than you guys. Size =/= effectiveness.