Emblemless Guilds isnt against the rules?

Got a Question? Ask it. ( does not include comments and suggestions)
MexicanGuy
Poring
Poring

Emblemless Guilds isnt against the rules?

Post by MexicanGuy »

i just noticed that there isnt a rule againts it and i find it weird because its a really low move and gives the emblemless guilds a lot of advantage in woe, thats why its normally against the rules, if there isnt a rule against it please consider my words, guilds emblems are there because they have a purpouse on woe, there shouldnt be a guild without emblem, at least for woe

EDIT: also im new here so i dont really know if this topic has been talked about before, if it was i apologize but this really makes me upset
PCManiac
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Emblemless Guilds isnt against the rules?

Post by PCManiac »

"MexicanGuy",

Before posting you should have searched the forums. you would find out that this has been discussed over and over again.

Long story short, it isn't against the rules, is a common tactic from FB and the GMs said they have no way to limit the emblem transparency.

PC
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

It's more because it's a "stupid" yet frowned upon tactic, but not something that should be enforcable. There are plenty of "lame" methods that players use such as "zerging", "false Warp Portals", "fake guild emblems", "no guild emblems", and so forth -- and the smart and veteran guilds (and even new players with common sense) know not to fall for most of these or can handle them.

It wasn't because of no way to limit emblem transparency though -- although that was one part of it. In regards to that line of thinking it was more that if you went with transparency in a hardcoded prevention path, you'd only end up having to deal with players with 1 pixel emblems, semi-transparent emblems, or semi-duplicates of other guild emblems -- therefore not accomplishing much at all.

In the non-server code prevention path, it becomes a subjective and opinionated enforcement. Overall though, we have monitored a number of the WoEs where certain guilds have removed their emblems to try and obtain a castle -- and have failed. It actually made people ridicule aforementioned guild for still failing to succeed at using such a low tactic. Simply put though, it's more trouble than it's worth and also leads to that same guild that has no emblems from accidentally confusing themselves for other people or failing to work together as well yet some people still think it gets them somewhere. We actually have a video of one guild trying it and failing miserably.

The other possibilities include disabling the changing of emblems at all during WoE yet that still doesn't solve much OR enforcing a watermark on ALL emblems.

I understand that it's an irritating and stupid tactic as well as the frustration players have with it, however it really is part of the game itself (not even enforced on official) and there are plenty of workarounds (/showname, targetting cursor, sharp eye, and NOT EMP ROOM PRE-CASTING/CAMPING AND INSTEAD SCOUTING THE CASTLE -- which I rarely see these days on most servers and where a large portion of these complaints come from).
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Oh god this again.

Im staying out of it this time.
/right
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Holy balls woes on private servers suck.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.