Event(?) suggestion

Snow White
Poring
Poring

Event(?) suggestion

Post by Snow White »

It's not really an event, but would anyone be down with making new chars, forming a fat party and leveling together? I figured since there's not really enough people for leveling parties, this could be a good idea..
Mr.E
Poring
Poring

Re: Event(?) suggestion

Post by Mr.E »

I'm going to hijack this topic for Event Ideas that GMs can do.

Event Number 1: Russian Roulette:
Using the Clown skill. Tarot card of fate. Survival of the fittest.

Note: Armours may break. So if done. The players either accept it and repair. Or you may choose to repair for them. Not. Having high hp won't matter. They might get coma anyways.

Event Number 2: Dice or die:
There is an event map with 1 to 4 on each square. Roll the die. If its a 5 or 6. Reroll. Rolling a number that the player is on. Those players lose the game. Either they sit on the bridge or die. Then people retake another number or stay in their current positions. yell Stop. Then roll again. Until 1 player remains standing.

Event Number 3: Die or Dice
Same thing as above, but now the person standing on the number you roll. They are safe. The rest are dead. This could be a possible 3rd round for Event number 2.

Event Number 4: Dice...again?
Roll the die. If anyone gets the same number. They are out. Simple. Last one wins.

Event Number 5: Racing.
Using the Race maps. Disable skills and have people compete. Top 3 to the finish line wins.

Edit: Event Number 6: Where's the GM?
This is based on the GM. Pick a place on any map accessible by a player. Then announce the first clue to where the location is. The GM has to be careful of what they say of course. Announce the second clue after some time. etc. The first person to find the GM wins.

Event Number 7: Monster mayem
Create a bunch of porings on a map (different kinds). Make sure these porings drop nothing. Have 3 event hats hidden in 3 different porings. First one to collect them. Wins.
Last edited by Mr.E on Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To those that know me. Call me E. Everyone else? Its Mr.E.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Mr.E wrote:Event Number 1: Russian Roulette:
Using the Clown skill. Tarot card of fate. Survival of the fittest.

Note: Armours may break. So if done. The players either accept it and repair. Or you may choose to repair for them. Not. Having high hp won't matter. They might get coma anyways.
Sounds good, we can just warn to take off their armor ahead of time.
Event Number 2: Dice or die:
There is an event map with 1 to 4 on each square. Roll the die. If its a 5 or 6. Reroll. Rolling a number that the player is on. Those players lose the game. Either they sit on the bridge or die. Then people retake another number or stay in their current positions. yell Stop. Then roll again. Until 1 player remains standing.
Already got it, we do this regularly.
Event Number 3: Die or Dice
Same thing as above, but now the person standing on the number you roll. They are safe. The rest are dead. This could be a possible 3rd round for Event number 2.
Too quick. Neat as it'd be, the entire event'd be over in a few rolls. Maybe one.
Event Number 4: Dice...again?
Roll the die. If anyone gets the same number. They are out. Simple. Last one wins.
Impossible. Everyone would need to be in sight range of the GM, and depending on the number of participants, they'd have to screenshot the roll. If someone's off cue, it'd lead to disputes non-stop. I'm sure there's a way this could be DONE (some means of auto-rolling for everyone present on the map), but as is, not plausible.
Event Number 5: Racing.
Using the Race maps. Disable skills and have people compete. Top 3 to the finish line wins.
Issue is, even if you disable skills, Assassins have passive walking speed boost for example, and cards that affect walking speed would still be in place. It'd be class dominant.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Too quick. Neat as it'd be, the entire event'd be over in a few rolls. Maybe one.
Make it so players would have to win x amount of times before a prize was given out~
Impossible. Everyone would need to be in sight range of the GM, and depending on the number of participants, they'd have to screenshot the roll. If someone's off cue, it'd lead to disputes non-stop. I'm sure there's a way this could be DONE (some means of auto-rolling for everyone present on the map), but as is, not plausible.
On a previous server I played on all the players had to sit in a line. The GM would roll a dice then walk down the line of players. When the GM moves in front of a player it's that players turn to roll so it wouldn't be all at once. Obviously this ones kinda hard to get people organized and quiet. It's easier to kick the "rowdy" ones out.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Clandestine wrote:Make it so players would have to win x amount of times before a prize was given out~
Feels redundant when the far more established Dice roll does the job fine. As is, too quick- but making a player have to win [X] amount of times depending on the count of X could pose the opposite issue provided players scatter themselves in appropriate numbers.
On a previous server I played on all the players had to sit in a line. The GM would roll a dice then walk down the line of players. When the GM moves in front of a player it's that players turn to roll so it wouldn't be all at once. Obviously this ones kinda hard to get people organized and quiet. It's easier to kick the "rowdy" ones out.
That's a little more reasonable, but I still see two issues:

1. AFK players. One could say "they'd get kicked," but then players may come back from being AFK -as- they're being kicked.. and line elimination events are usually the ones with the most AFK players, a mess.
2. Hocus Pocus and/or Tarrot sounds like it'd do the job far easier, especially Hocus where it's either an "Offensive" or a "Defensive," rather than "Say, I rolled 2 and only two people of 27 GOT 2! :D" I know that it isn't all about time, I'm just saying that when the two events operate in such a similar matter at its core (GM walking down a line + elimination), why not go with the more efficient and established process?
Mr.E
Poring
Poring

Post by Mr.E »

The event 3 is more of a special round of 2. Since you already do 2. If you hold 3 rounds of 2 usually. Make it 2 rounds of 2 and then one round of 3. Its supposed to be too fast. It determines how lucky you can get. Survival of the fittest to be sure. As an event itself. It would be too short. Tacking it on the other event. Just to cut it down.

When people go afk. On the previous server. The GM took the spot of that char then rolled for them. Thereby, that roll becomes theirs. its like Hocus pocus but requires the players to be more active.

Edit: About the racing. Unless someone knows that map. They might get lost. Though the speed wise. Characters do have the advantage. Some people get stuck in the beginning. So it depends on how nimble your hands are. Give it a try. If a sinx always wins then reconsider.
To those that know me. Call me E. Everyone else? Its Mr.E.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

To the former, I suppose they could work in limited circumstances, but to the third - an event where one class has a distinct advantage regardless of player-base is not a good idea for an event unless there can be a work-around arranged.
Fey
Drops
Drops

Post by Fey »

The only event that isn't in place on your list is the Monster Mayhem thing. The rest are already here in one form or another.. You're just suggesting variations on them, basically.

As far as the dice roll thing goes, the quick-elimination would be good to add on as a 4th round, but other than that I don't think it should replace the event that's already in place.

As for the Monster Mayhem - I don't see why it's not on this server already, and if it is, it doesn't happen often enough for me to notice. The best way to do this is on a broken-up (not one big field) map with no skills on, so people can't AoE.

Racing - no. Unless it was somehow made to have obstacles that anyone could technically overcome, like maybe how in the swordman quest you have to navigate through the squares without falling off. But, more complicated than that. The complications would have to be worked out differently.. and someone would have to script them, which takes time.
Maidei - 96/something gypsy
Feyuda - 99/50 Taekwon Ranker
Feyr - 99/69 High Priest
Aelia - 85/something Lord Knight
And anything else with "Fey" in the name.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

There are specific race maps (though i don't know the names). The first one acted like a mine field (run across the map without getting blown up), then a maze you had to get through with the blind status on, a spiral map with the portal in the center (this ones like 10x more difficult then I can explain <__<). I'm pretty sure there was one more map to this race but I don't remember what it is.

Are these the maps you referred to in your first post E?
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I would prefer just to see more scripted events of some sort. GM's cant always be around to do quests, and some timezones simply miss out on events.

As for exact details, I'll leave that to someone else.
/right