War with Generals Event

PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Re: War with Generals Event

Post by PerfectDeath »

Well, a large problem is that players in guilds had to leave their guild, this created a lot of problems since some players didn't want to leave their guild and rejoin, also guild leaders had to leave temporarily to reassign the guild leader.

You also had some AFK problems and we would suffer from delays from thinning out MCs.

Using a scripted NPC to randomly distribute players would not be as 'balanced' as hand selecting because you have the probability that player skill would be distributed unevenly. Also, if they NPC is accessible multiple times, a player can leave and rejoin until they are in a 'good' team.

So, it is more of a hardcore event that requires a lot of patience and obedience, which are limited resources =P
CheckPoint: "Die Fould Creature"
Healstrom: "What makes you think its foul?"
CheckPoint: "Its Black."
Ran
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: War with Generals Event

Post by Ran »

1) One GM warps everyone to the aldebaran race track prep area, as people appear the second GM sorts the person by class and writes a list of participants based on class.

2) The participants are sent to race while the two GMs alternate names in each class list.

3) Once the race is over the winner gets something fun like an OCA and each GM warps the people on their list to a separate starting area and invites to guild. *If there is twelve or less people on each side you could just do parties, or even deliberately Cap the event at 24 people.*

4) Unleash the armies, and the surviving side is victorious.

The point of the event is to have the event, so minimal rewards are best. Perhaps some DBs or OCAs or OPBs or OBBs.

Part of the fun is also being forced to play with people you normally wouldn't. I would suggest that the GMs divide guildmates where possible, in the spirit of fun and diversity.

~Drink in my hand and my heart on the dance-floor~