PvP Event Suggestions

Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Re: PvP Event Suggestions

Post by Dowe »

Should the event be hosted in rounds over the span of a couple days, or all in one day?
What time should the event be Held?
Well if the event is held on a friday, saturday or sunday there is a greater chance of people able to attend (since people can generally stay up later on fridays, and have saturday/sundays free from work/school/Uni on most occasions).

I of course work practically everyday though =/.

An alternative would be to have 2 different time zone competitions. After the winning team from each time zone has been found, they arrange a time they can both attend and the winner is found. People who can attend both can be spread out across the two comps to try to make it even sizes (although even sizes isn't a MUST).

It would probably also be best to hold half the fights one week, and then the semi finals and finals the next week. If the event drags on too long we would have more people leaving due to prior commitments (mostly bed for people attending later at night. If the event starts at 10pm, and each round takes an hour or so as suggested, then the event wont finish for that person until 1am.) Shorter can usually better fit around schedules.

Should Items be allowed?
No Healing items (HP or SP). Everything else is allowed. (No using ygg leaves to res a team mate though). Creators/alchemists are allowed to bring a pre-defined amount of potions for pitch pot.

Should the event be regular PvP, or PvP with War of Emperium reductions?
WoE rules. PvP is alright for mucking around, but in the end it is entirely unfair for 90% of the classes. WoE rules makes it a little fairer imo.

Should there be level requirements?
Nah. If someone wants to level with a lvl 30 novice its their choice.

Should you be allowed to buff before the fight?
Buffing before a fight is alright (maybe give 5-10 seconds to buff before a fight), but no buffs from dual clients/outside sources. It should be your own or a team mates buffs only.

What rules should be inforced during this event?
No resurrect. No Homunculus (creators are MORE then capable solo as an offensive AND/OR Defensive class and homu's can be a little overpowering at times).
/right
Terribad
Poring
Poring

Post by Terribad »

I don't really care about ygg leaves.
Wednesday is a good time because it is pretty far from any WoE and you really don't want a big PvP event right around WoE times.
Organizing a PvP event over more than one day is a total nightmare, you will never get a time that EVERYONE can make so just pick a time and too bad for those who can't come (even if I can't attend because of that)

WoE reductions with consumables enabled makes it literally impossible to kill certain classes, and it seems like some fights would just be determined by whoever runs out of materials faster, which is pretty lame imo.
WoE reducs without pots is okay too but I don't like it as much.
When I said avoiding fights, lets say you have a fight where every single person has hide or cloak or something. They could all just turn invisible and nothing would happen... I just think there should be something like, if you stay in cloak for longer than 5 seconds, you have to leave cloak within 15 seconds, and you can't cloak again until you do something productive. But it's probably better to just leave it up to GM discretion, as an actual rule involving something like that is hard to phrase.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

"Further rules may be applied to individual matches to keep the matches within a time limit."
/right
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

@ Terribad

There's no WoE at friday either. And why do you think a PvP event over more than one day is a total nightmare?
PvP tournaments are usually held over more than one day. And I think it's very possible to set a time every team of a certain time zone can make. You can't know until all the teams have signed up and the times are set.

WoE reduction and no pushbacks is perfect. I think I agree with no HP items, but I support SP items.
I just think there should be something like, if you stay in cloak for longer than 5 seconds, you have to leave cloak within 15 seconds, and you can't cloak again until you do something productive.
Why do you want to make it so difficult? And why would people want to just cloack? There's such things as sight and ruwach too.
Terribad
Poring
Poring

Post by Terribad »

All you do is take what other people have suggested and ask why they want it.
Why do you want the PvP event not on wednesday?
Why do you want the PvP even over more than one day?
Why do you think tournaments are usually held over more than one day?
Why are WoE reductions and no pushbacks perfect?
Why no HP items but yes SP items?
I think I've provided accurate reasons. Organizing pvp over more than one day is a nightmare for the GMs and players. PvP on friday is too close to WoE. WoE reductions and no pushbacks imbalance more than they fix. Items in general make the event more about who can hunt the most rather than who can play the best, but some items are necessary for certain classes to be effective like aspd potions, edp bottles, acid bombs, gems, cobwebs, etc.

As for your last point, lets say SP items are allowed, and a team has a stalker and some other class, the other class dies and the stalker uses chase walk and runs around potting his sp up and the other team has no way to reveal him or their way of revealing him died already or something. Do you really want to have to wait for all the stalkers sp items to run out before the match is declared over? There are tons of scenarios like this I could see potentially occuring and there should be rules to avoid such a scenario so the GM doesn't have to make something up on the spot.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

The follow is a list of questions regarding configurations for a Player versus Player event.
What is to be seen in this thread is not arguments, spam, quoting other players.
Please just state your opinions of the questions.
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

@ Terribad

I don't just take other people's suggestions and then ask why they want it.
Look at your first posts. You don't even make clear why you want it, you might convince me that's why i'm asking for it.
You ask a crapload of questions that are answered in my first post. And i've participated in many many many tournaments!
It's not about who can hunt the most items, that's nonsense. There's a weight limit.
And if someone wants to hide all the time I don't see any problem. He or she will be out of sp sooner or later.
your 'stalker' situation won't be any problem with WoE rules, SP x 5. And no one will just hide, a waste of offensive skills that could be used.
Friday too close to WoE ..? /dum what do you mean exactly?

GM, excuse me but
I post because I don't see any opinions. How can we come to a solution if we don't talk about it.
People post witouth thinking twice, just posting what they'd like to see and not what might be good for everyone.
I don't want a PvP event based on these kind of posts. I want a solution to be found.
.Hazel
Drops
Drops

Post by .Hazel »

It is nice that you wish to discuss this matter, however we are going to pick out of the majority of the suggestions. That way we can please the most people! If you've stated how you wish the PvP to be than Thank you ^^! No need to discuss with people why they chose what they did or anything of that matter on here, :D you can always pm or message them. :3 <3
Crunk
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Crunk »

Should the event be hosted in rounds over the span of a couple days, or all in one day?
idc
wensday 10:30 pm est
Should Items be allowed?
yes, but no ygg berries, or leafs or seeds
pvp w/ WoE reductions
no, because it would be their loss.
no
none.
Unknown Guy
Poring
Poring

Post by Unknown Guy »

One day

Saturday 09:00 GMT -5

Should Items be allowed?
Yes, but no ygg berries, seeds and leafs

PvP with WoE reductions/settings

uuhm no, idc if you are lvl 60

NO!! I dont want to see gospel buffed players.

no ress...