PvP Event Suggestions

.Hazel
Drops
Drops

PvP Event Suggestions

Post by .Hazel »

Player versus Player event Suggestions/Questions

The follow is a list of questions regarding configurations for a Player versus Player event.
What is to be seen in this thread is not arguments, spam, quoting other players.
Please just state your opinions of the questions.

Special Note: The event that was previously in preperation has been canceled until further notice, as these are questions that need to be resolved first.

Should the event be hosted in rounds over the span of a couple days, or all in one day?
for example: 8 Teams of 2 sign up for the event.
Day 1 - 8 teams fight, leaving 4 winning teams
Day 2- 4 teams fight, leaving 2 Winning teams.
Day 3 the finals - 2 Teams fight, leaving the 1 winning team, and runner up.

Or
Hour 1 - 8 Teams Fight, 4 Winning teams
Hour 2- 4 Teams Fight, 2 Winning teams
Hour 3 - Final 2 Teams fight leaving only 1 winner. And one runner up.

What time should the event be Held?
Meaning what time do you think would be best for it to be held, and what day?

Should Items be allowed?
Meaning should consumable items be allowed to be used during this event, or not at all.

Should the event be regular PvP, or PvP with War of Emperium reductions?

Should there be level requirements?
Meaning should everyone have to be level 90 + or should it be all levels

Should you be allowed to buff before the fight?
Meaning should people not in the event be allowed to buff or should you only be allowed to be buffed by your team member?

What rules should be inforced during this event?
Loki's Curse
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: PvP Event Suggestions

Post by Loki's Curse »

1. Dun care what time
2. No
3. Normal PvP
4.Any level. there fault if they get caught with a 1/1 novice vs a 99/70 High wizzard.
5. No.
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

Should the event be hosted in rounds over the span of a couple days, or all in one day?

I suggest several days so the event wont consume too much time, I think that way even when there's a pvp match being held at 3am somewhere in the world, some people might be able to make some time for it, because it won't take too long if you've won (because your next match may be the next day or w/e)
Also you can think of some 'strategy' for your next match.

I think the first matches should start at 10am server time
(4pm EU gmt + 1)
(10pm Asia gmt +7)

I know the hosting Gm might not be able to make a time like this.
But please see if you can work something out. Maybe some other time will be fine with me too.

Should Items be allowed?

I find items should be allowed, but maybe limited. (waiting for other suggestions)

WoE rules.
More fun, no push backs, cicada and all that kind of stuff. Also because of the damage.
Overal more intense i think.

NO level requirement.

I Think buffing before the fight should be allowed, just like WoE

Do your very best!
Terribad
Poring
Poring

Post by Terribad »

Hour 1 - 8 Teams Fight, 4 Winning teams
Hour 2- 4 Teams Fight, 2 Winning teams
Hour 3 - Final 2 Teams fight leaving only 1 winner. And one runner up.

The previous event time was pretty good

Should Items be allowed?
attack speed potions, endow scrolls, yggdrasil leaves, items that are consumed by skills (gems, cobwebs, poison bottles, holy water, AD materials, potions if used for pitch pot by creators, etc.). Otherwise nothing.

regular pvp

no requirements

no, the teams should be put in the arena on opposite sides and raised at the same time to start the fight.

enforced*
no teleporting or warp portal. The skill resurrect homunculus can only be used once per fight. Players can't start with any buffs (spheres on champs, edp on sinx, both stay on even while dead). Players can only be resurrected once, after that if you die you are automatically teleported out like in normal PvP.
There should also be some rule to prevent players from just cloaking or hiding and avoiding fighting, but I have no idea how to phrase it. Just leave it up to the GMs discretion if a player is prolonging a lost fight by running around in cloak.
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

@ Terribad.

- Why do you want resurection (yggleafs)? Please explain. Because I don't support that.

- The previous time was good to you maybe, but not everyone could make this.
Please explain why it is good to you? Because i'm sure there's another time that would be just as good for you.

- I don't support all matches to be on ONE day. I already explained why, so -1 on that.
And why should there be a way to prevent cloacking/hiding? It costs sp(items), so I find that's up for the one's using cloack/hide to decide themselves. I don't know what kind of map(s) will be used for the matches but I don't think there's such thing as 'avoiding' battle in a 2v2 match.

- PvP with resurection isn't 'regular PvP' as you want it to be. I support WoE setting.

(just stated my opinion on his opinion) . . .
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Ergleblergle I liked the original time too qq.
I really don't pvp that often so I don't know what would be good or bad for the rules and stuff but..

I do think it would be better just to have it all in one day; reason being is I have a job (and of course I'm not the only one) and I can't put time away for RO everyday.

Not everyone is going to be able to make it to one time (clrly some people can't get over that) so whatever

Don't care aboot items (screw ygg leafs though).

People always bitch that there's no PvP on the server so I don't know why we would make it WoE settings.
I don't really care though..

No level requirements~

I like Terribad's suggestion regarding starting buffs.

No whiners allowed~ (oh wait let's just continue with the original event then)
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

Clandestine.

I don't really mind PvP if you want to die that bad. I just find WoE reductions better.
You sound ego, you say you have a job and can't always make time for RO, but there's not even any days set.
Do you work every day?
The next thing you say is basically you don't care about people who can't make it.
So you don't care about people that can't make it, but at the same time you want the event to be all in one day (not even any days set) so you CAN make it.

No one's whining, don't try please . I only hear ego = =
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

lolque? I sound ego?
I don't really mind PvP if you want to die that bad. I just find WoE reductions better.
I only made on observation for the settings; I don't care either way personally. o_o
you say you have a job and can't always make time for RO, but there's not even any days set.
Like I said in my first post I'm not the only one who works. We all have different schedules and to me it seems harder to get people to come on at the right times throughout a number of days rather then get as many people as we can in one day and be done with it.
The next thing you say is basically you don't care about people who can't make it.
That's.. not what I said at all.
So you don't care about people that can't make it, but at the same time you want the event to be all in one day (not even any days set) so you CAN make it.
Obviously I would like to join the event but if the time isn't right for me then I can't ;p. I'm not the only one who wants it in one day (just as you're not the only one who wants it spread out I'm sure).

My last point was more of a joke but you do realize this topic is only up because someone whined at Hazel? :P
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

Clandestine.

That's exactly the reason I want it to be spread out. "We all have diffrent schedules".
One day your time zone .. the following another time zone etc.
I think people with the same time zone should fight eachoter first. The winners of these matches go to the next round. If two teams end up in semi-finals or the finals with diffrent time zones a balance should be found.
so the time and day of these matches may be unknown, and decided by the (semi)finalists themselves.
for example:
GMT -5 x GMT +1 (10am server time would be 4pm)
or
GMT -5 x GMT +7 (10:00am server time would be 0:00am)
or
GMT +1 x GMT +7 (4pm Central EU would be 0:00am)
Just examples, Maybe there should be a list made of possible times the GM can host these matches.
And then dates are picked. I don't think it's hard at all, there won't be 1000 teams participating.

My last point was more of a joke but you do realize this topic is only up because someone whined at Hazel? :P
Where did you get this information, tell me your source O_ O
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Okay, well that makes a lot more sense to me now @__@. Sounds good.