What hats are and are not in the game?

Questions that already have answers.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

What hats are and are not in the game?

Post by Elnendil »

As in, if I can't find a quest for an old as dirt hat, there won't be a quest for it?

For example, I was wanting a Vanilmirth Hat, but I was told it isn't obtainable (No, I don't want a "statless" version).

What other hats aren't in-game. And perhaps why?
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Re: What hats are and are not in the game?

Post by Clandestine »

Sorry I can't answer your question but if I remember correctly Vanilmirth Hat was going to be one of the prize options in the PvP event before it was canceled.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Elnendil »

I heard that too, but it doesn't answer why etc. Is it because the server wants to have a collection of items unobtainable to make people want to do events?
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Why some hats are not in game is gravity and eathena have made them unobtainable(meaning not dropped by any monster or questable). Mainly because they are cash shop items offically, holiday event hats, event hats, and some are planned for future use.

We do have some of the "Unobtainable" Hats available via the hat dude.
We also use them for larger scale events, and in the weekly giftdrop.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Elnendil »

Question about the gift drop, actually. I received a message about me winning something twice and to PM some name with "CLAIM!", but the person "is offline" or something. Typed the name correctly, too.

I'm also wondering what the chances would be on any new hats ever being added to the Hat Guy list. Up to this point, there isn't a single hat that autocasts offensive magic thats available outside of events.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

The name has to be exactly the same (case sensitive). It is something like "NPC:GiftDrop". If you didn't type it right then it tells you the name does not exist or w/e the message is.
/right
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

The following is the message you will recieve when you win the GiftDrop;

Amistr Gift Notification : You just won something! Whisper 'NPC:GiftDrop' with the message 'CLAIM!' within the next 5 minutes to receive your prize! Please do not logout either and type the name and message exactly.

This means it is case sensitive, as dowe has previously stated, if you dont whisper the name properly it will state that the person/name does not exist or is offline.

If you whisper the npc name properly but type the CLAIM! wrong it will say the following;
Amistr Gift Presenter : Please type the claim message correctly. This means to include the exclamation mark and use the correct capitalization.

If you whisper the NPC:GiftDrop with the message INFO! you will recieve the following message;
I will use this weeks as the example.
Amistr Gift Presenter : This week's special prize is Frog Hat[0]!

Also if you whisper NPC:GiftDrop when you have not won anything it will give you the following message;
Amistr Gift Presenter : Sorry, either you have nothing to claim or you have missed the 5 minute window to claim. Whisper 'INFO!' for prize info.

As for Hat dude being updated, he's updated quite frequently, any suggestions on hats to be placed into the hat dude can be posted in the comments and suggestions section of the forums.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Elnendil »

I'll be doing that then, as i've noticed that there isn't really even a single decent hat aimed at hybrid classes in thats really obtainable. Puppy Hat, Ribbon Hat, Vanilmirth Hat, Elephant Hat, Kettle Hat, etc.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Those hats eventually tend to suck anyway so I wouldn't worry about those unless you just think they look cute or something. Then by all means go for it.

But with the weekly giftdrop thing, make sure it's a SEMI colon that you type.
That's the mistake I had on my first one.
I kept using a normal colon and couldn't figure out what was going on.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Elnendil »

Oh, I wouldn't say that. The Ribbon Hat is pretty good for Priests I think, that or Battle Profs. Stalkers could use it too. I've been sticking with the Kettle Hat for a good while since it was added. If used correctly it could be pretty good for MvPing, possibly PvP. Not sure about WoE though (depends on how popular water armor is).

Of course, most of the hats people want to use are already in anyways, so its not surprising to hear that.

It is nice that some of the hats I did talk about were added recently, though. Having at least a small amount of everything makes things easier for some people. Statless hat quests come up a lot, but that isn't the case for some of the hats not yet released. I'm pretty sure I was the first one to make the Kettle Hat actually.

At least I know now what hats are and aren't in the game though. So I guess this question is pretty much answered.