Bomberman Event

Anything related to your server.
Zzz
Poring
Poring

Re: Bomberman Event

Post by Zzz »

Dowe wrote:I am going to assume you were "PT" or something close. In which case HAZEL was in the RIGHT. (If not I apologize).

The reason for the null and void round was because of the happenings at the end when it was 2 or 3 left. You were TOLD TO KEEP FIGHTING (with the only exception being if agros were already on you) and instead, you ran off to a corner before the agros had even spawned and continued to stay in the corner and not do anything even after the bats had been spawned and targeted others. Meanwhile the other person or 2 had continued to fight as instructed and lured numerous bats in the process, while you sat around and waited in the corners.

Numerous people complained that you had only "won" because you had ignored what Hazel had said and stopped fighting when the others continued as instructed.
I did start off in the corner (in which there is no rule against). There were only two people in my radius, which DID NOT complain, most likely because they saw the whole thing and didn't make assumptions. People that were out of radius kept saying that I DID nothing when I did target a few poring bombs, but failed miserably. Later, moved to the top right corner, where I saw the other survivor being followed. I attempted to hit one of the poring bomb a couple of times that were in her way to stop her continuous circular motion, which allowed her to survive, but missed like a dozen times. I don't see how valid an assumption that "I did nothing" when being out of radius is.

This is like a mob reaction. One player complains about another based on assumptions and not facts and all the other players jump in and take those assumptions as facts. Get your facts right. In any case, according to the GM, we did not have a rematch because of that.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

Uhhh, considering this is apparently, somewhat, I don't know, getting bigger than I thought it would be. I just want to say my side of the story considering I was one of the final people in that round, I hope it doesn't cause any flaming. >:

Round 2

As far as I remember, I was panicking too much to actually read what anyone was saying during the event including Hazel's chat. I didn't know she was spawning agro monsters until my friends on vent was yelling at me to stay away. I kind of... I don't exactly know why I did, but I ran into the agro monsters by mistake and tried to throw them off by going into circular pace on the map. Apparently they are too fast for me to out run, so it was an endless chase. Uhh, I saw the other last person in the round, standing on the edge of the map and corners, but I didn't really pay attention to him much to see if he was attacking the poring bombs or not, because I was running for my life. So I do not know if he was just standing there waiting for my death or not. After dying, because I couldn't out run the bats, other people in the event claimed it was unfair, because the bats were too fast and won't change agro, if I recalled. Friends on vent claimed he was just standing there, and that I deserved a rematch and also claimed that in-game. I wasn't sure what exactly happened, so I didn't say anything, cause I didn't know what to say, I was puzzled. Rematch happened, few moments the other last player died by a bomb, and I survived.

Some people are still trying to figure out if Hazel have informed players about the "No Standing Around" rule, In my honesty I am unsure of myself if she had said so or not.

That is all I can recall.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Zzz wrote: This is like a mob reaction. One player complains about another based on assumptions and not facts and all the other players jump in and take those assumptions as facts. Get your facts right. In any case, according to the GM, we did not have a rematch because of that.
I died in the middle. I saw it all. And from what I can remember, just the two of you were resurrected for a rematch the results of which I cant remember clearly.

The reason you were told to keep fighting was because a well placed bomb could be used to the players advantage to kill the bats (Or alternatively just survive until the round is finished). Personally I wanted slower mobs, but most of the others thought it was alright during testing.

Not fighting basically gave the other player no chance at all (nor would you accidentally lure any non targeted agros when running away from an explosion), which was why Hazel had stated numerously to keep fighting. No one disagreed with going to the corner, only that you did nothing while there.
Last edited by Dowe on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/right
Zzz
Poring
Poring

Post by Zzz »

Dowe wrote:I died in the middle. I saw it all.
You can ask a GM; the middle isn't enough to see the edges on that map, so let's not bs here. How do I know? Cause I ended up dying in the middle after May died and was like "wtf? Why are they complaining about what I did when they can't even see me from here." Like I said, angry mob effect.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I died close enough to the middle that I could see the majority of the map and the entire top section FYI.

In my opinion the round was fair since both players were resurrected and given a fair rematch. Had you been the one who died from the agros while the other practically sat around in the corner doing nothing, you would be complaining about that instead.

You lost, yes... it sucks, but just about everyone believed a rematch of the last 2 players was the best action for the situation to give them both equal chances.
/right
Zzz
Poring
Poring

Post by Zzz »

Dowe wrote:I died close enough to the middle that I could see the majority of the map and the entire top section FYI.
So... at the beginning you could see the whole map, and now you could see "the majority of the map." Changing your facts don't make you very reliable.
MayChan wrote:going into circular pace on the map.
If I was in the corner "doing nothing" like you said, how did I know she was going circles? I would need the all-seeing eye and spectacular guessing abilities to know what she does from what you can only see in a corner.
Dowe wrote:In my opinion the round was fair since both players were resurrected and given a fair rematch.
Like I said, I wasn't against the rematch, but if there was going to be one because "bats are too fast for players" (somewhat GMs words), then all four players that survived up until that point should have been resurrected.
Dowe wrote:Had you been the one who died from the agros while the other practically sat around in the corner doing nothing, you would be complaining about that instead.
You proved exactly my point. I had the same chances to die from the agros, which makes the round fair.
Dowe wrote:You lost, yes... it sucks, but just about everyone believed a rematch of the last 2 players was the best action for the situation to give them both equal chances.
Making assumptions much? I'm not sure if you read all of the threads, but FYI I have my support.
.Hazel
Drops
Drops

Post by .Hazel »

Hello,
I guess I should explain exactly what happened on round two-at the end.

There where 4 players left when I warned the players I would add aggros and more bomb porings. Now when I tested the aggros before I had a larger amount(6-8)of test players so the bats separated and gave the players a fair chance to live. However the low number of people and the fact most ran out of my view as I summoned the bats all went for one player. The players had no chance and the bat mob killed one novice at a time just going in order from where the novice was being chased and ran off too to die. Thus Novice in left corner ran to top left, killing two more novices then leading to zzz or PT who was farthest from the bats. Every novice died within moments. I doubt there was even 3 seconds from when bats chased the novices to when they died. They had no chance, basically was a novice genocide T_T; Another problem though was, zzz stopped attacking the bomb porings or even moving.

Earlier I did have to state that you must be running or attacking a bomb poring at all times because other wise you could just hide in a corner, which was unfair. I did forget to Repeat that rule doing round two. I redid the ending, raising the last two novices I saw alive. Later zzz pointed out that was unfair for those other 2 players I forgot. I agree completely with him. So, that made the rematch void because I didn't raise those other two novices. I couldn't do another rematch with all of the 4 players anyway because I did not see their names. I completely take blame for the arising problem.

I tried to find zzz but I have no idea who you are. I did reconsider my choice to void both results, finding that I did warn the novices that the aggros were coming(I don't recall saying they were bats or not-don't think i did though) and I failed to repeat the no standing around rule. If you could zzz, would you please PM me in game when you get on so we may discuss the matter more.

Also, Lately despite tests my events haven't been following through like they had in the tests. You really can't say what will happen. I mean in tests I have a few people who aren't playing for a prize so mostly behave well. When I really do it on the server I have over 3 times the people who are excited and running all over, which can be hard to control. Because of my overcoming mistakes I have decided to refrain from any new events for a little while. Please don't ask how long is a little while; I am unsure. I will be sticking to Dice, Zombie Race, Last Novice Standing(only zombie version), Tarot and Hide and seek. I will try hocus pocus but I am not to certain in my ability to pull it off. I need to memorize the defensive and offensive skills.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Zzz wrote: So... at the beginning you could see the whole map, and now you could see "the majority of the map." Changing your facts don't make you very reliable.
I think you are just nit picking. I refuse to comment any further because you are only finding the smallest of arguments to flame me. Suffice to say I saw the incidents (except for a very short duration of the other player when they were running in circles to avoid the bats if you are going to start nit picking that too).

Zzz wrote: I merely asked for opinions on the matter. Unbiased opinions would be preferable, cause anyone can jump to defend someone they "care" about without good grounds.
Just remember your comments are just as bias as ours, simply not in your favor. You asked for opinions, and I gave my opinion. If all you are going to do is argue with anyone who doesn't support you, then this thread is pointless. And therefore you can expect no more comments from me on the matter.
/right
Zzz
Poring
Poring

Post by Zzz »

Dowe wrote: Just remember your comments are just as bias as ours, simply not in your favor. You asked for opinions, and I gave my opinion. If all you are going to do is argue with anyone who doesn't support you, then this thread is pointless. And therefore you can expect no more comments from me on the matter.
You didn't just post opinions, you made baseless assumptions and took those assumptions like facts, hence twisting facts when you actually did not see the whole thing. I wish there was a way to see a replay of the 2nd round and you would see what actual actions I took. You are victimizing yourself by saying that I jump on anyone that is against me, yet there were already a couple that did not fully agree. When I said I didn't want biased opinions, I meant that I didn't want opinions for there mere reason that they are friends of the GM, love the server, or me.

Dear Hazel, I shall PM you.
Muffin
Drops
Drops

Post by Muffin »

At the end of the day, do you guys sit down and feel proud of yourselves? It's not a big deal.