State of the server..

Anything related to your server.
Celica
Drops
Drops

Re: State of the server..

Post by Celica »

not coming on unless its active is what kills low pop servers but thats also because youre at the same pt all of us are at now: done with the game. even ep 13.2 quests, nidhogg and se dungeons failed to catch my interest.

anyways http://www.amistr.net

its been up a year and is a mr so im not surprised its ending peacefully. now to wait for the server spammers who think advertising on a server with 5ppl looking is helpful or the told-ya-so crowd that got banned long ago and have nothing better to do with their time lowlifes show up. the server closing has no farreaching effects on other servers in terms of pop besides setting a standard for how things should be done and is a curse for servers that dont strive for the kind of standards. gl and thx for amistr
Kino
Poring
Poring

Re: State of the server..

Post by Kino »

Hello, just wanted to throw my two cents in.
This is Kino the stalker from Chaos theory and previous guild Avalon run by my friend. Anyways things turned out well when the server first opened up everyone rushed in to pick there stuff and start there adventure like us we were a group of say 7-10 friends that had our own idea's on how to reach end game stuff and make it possible to stay ahead of the crowd or at least try. Woe was fun the first couple months or so and even when GTFO joined the server there was a lot of commotion. But towards the end when everyone was leaving, it was because people got tired of grinding everyday and group setups to level did not happen at all. Aka necromancers etc. As far as I know the server hit a peak of say 150 people and no one was interested in joining anymore for at least a couple months and that's when everything started to slide down hill. Lack of people to play with.

I'm not sure what state the server is in now since I don't have it installed and looking at the "who's online" list seems nothing has happened to boom the population. This is not a GM's fault at all it is mostly due to the rate of which the content was released and many other reasons which would steer people away from ragnarok online. starcraft 2, ff14, wow(cata) . As for the content itself I've always knew that the server was behind with new stuff but that isn't a good thing or a bad thing. New classes are nice and most servers do have them out now but then again most servers have created methods to stop the new classes from abusing those skills in woe.

From time and time again I'll stop by to see how the old server is doing and good luck to all of you and the server and hope it starts back up again.