State of the server..

Anything related to your server.
PCManiac
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: State of the server..

Post by PCManiac »

Kabuki, there's no need for such aggressive crap in your comments/posts. This post was made so people would give their opinion and not to fight against the evil that commands all hearts that love events.

There are boring events, indeed, but there are events that are actually fun. How do you define what's fun or boring as hell? that's personal opinion and shouldn't be expressed as in a undeniable truth. Cause your opinion is just that.. opinion..

Anyway, I do agree there should be some more customizations.

Event wise, while the server had at least 1 GM hosted event per day, the ppl (even if it wasn't many) would be having fun. I know guild mates that used to be "damn.. when will they host the event today?! i hope they give out that hat again to try to get it *o*".

Ok, i know that events don't fill the happiness of everyone so, why not some customized npc quests? Quests that award EXP, Statless headgears or even CUSTOMIZED pets! I remember in old gRO (for those who remember..) that there were a couple of custom quests to get pets that ppl would run for them on the 1st times... and When i implemented un-questable pets and ppl discovered they could be obtained with abra... those were funny times.

Yet, quests can be boring and long or even pointless. Well.. What about trying to get parties going on for Instances? There are instances here that were never tried out.

And to finish, there are always the ppl that are all up to eye candy things. Custom maps (guild only or not), Custom sprites (npc or even jobs.. one of the things that ppl loved in the now dead feelRO server... when they customized the sprites to give a more "xmas" feeling to the game) even Custom auras.

There is an array of options out there.

Going back to kabuki's statement:
"I don't understand why you care about the current player base. events are boring .. they can't feed a server.
population and activity is what makes it fun. " - more things to do INCLUDING EVENTS (remember, WoE is an event too...), more activity.

PCManiac
Celica
Drops
Drops

Post by Celica »

its up to us the players if we want to keep the server. thats the simple matter of it. this includes putting it down like a pet we love.

theres no recovering no matter how good the server config or active the gms become. imo this server is still updated correctly and doesnt jump for theorized configs like brasilis or third classes like others which feel the burn when they have to correct it and has one of the better configs. it has the least active or even closed bug reports by comparison to any other. its also rare to see kiana ever offline too so activity seems fine.

its still the best server around.. if it had population.

no one cares about quests unless they help u get far so they wont help. no one even does the instances. ppl abuse battlegrounds instead of playing it too. ppl use cheap tactics for woe. ppl idle level. ppl leech level. ppl demand abusable votepoints. do u really think ppl are doing things for the sake of it being fun and interesting? no. they do it for their egos even if succeeding is done by low means. events help but only go so far. they had a pvp event here awhile ago but no one wanted to do it since they knew theyd lose. honestly? and ppl wonder y they never happen and complain about not having them.

srsly for the past few months since vastro and feelro closed the majority of ppl went to a worse off, laggy server named lumina which has been plagued with problems. y did they go there? established population even if it hurt. the same happened when ppl went to raije and are now doing with ascend even though ascend is known for worse problems. the only reason ppl (only fb) r saying to go to ascend now is because first blood went to an empty server and established themselves. its the only way they can compete and stay ahead when its more logical to go to phoenix. of course no other smart or strong guild would follow that. btw orange and i were banned from ascend for suggesting legitimate things and being honest, for ref. y we know it better than most. looking at them now its 35 vends and 12 players much worse than amistr in its current state after 2 months.

y couldnt this server compete against the terrible neglectful and oppressive staff of raije; lag, crashing, instability, and lack of updates of lumina; and unbalanced customs and donations elsewhere? the trash of todays ro community is the answer. they cant live without @go. theyre too ingrained in the belief that votepoints work for something. they cant handle it if ppl have something they dont. and the main reason: they want things now and not later. we dont have the patience to wait for a server to grow. every established larger server out now is from a previous wiped server w/ phoenix being raije, lumina being in its latest incarnation, micro starting anew after gm corruption, and ascend being some trash old server that shutdown with no donations after gm corruption. ppl have been coming here thinking its a new fresh server but left promptly after finding out its not. if amistr wiped it could pull pop but that wont happen afaik. ive jumped across each of the servers and this is the only forum i rarely have to put the staff in place since basic closed.

summer's here and if ppl wanted to try amistr theyd be doing so. but theyre not. their loss.

ps: i recall that the larger majority of our population died off as they kept getting banned for botting and thirdparty use. thats another reason this server doesnt grow as good as it sounds it is a necessity and u can see it from the majority exploiting other servers. i know ppl duping on lumina and its the main reason they stay.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Celica wrote:ps: i recall that the larger majority of our population died off as they kept getting banned for botting and thirdparty use. thats another reason this server doesnt grow as good as it sounds it is a necessity and u can see it from the majority exploiting other servers. i know ppl duping on lumina and its the main reason they stay.
There's a good point here. Over the course of May and June alone, 55 accounts were banned from the server for botting. Of that, I'd say about 20 were individual people if not all of them. For the record and over the course of the entire server life, there are about 330-340 ban entries.
Orange
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Orange »

well i agree with Celica and PcM... /!
AmistrRO is the best server I've been after gRO(i dont know why did it closed).
The donation here is balanced, we have weekly updates(unlike those server out there *they dont even have yuno-moscovia /swt) also the droprate is high for a low server, the server is not laggy. Lets just call it "Simple but it have a big impact"...
Well for some reason there are people who leaves the server for some reason, and we cant blame 'em if they are really busy IRL (Still, I believe that they will come back again xD). If Im one of them, i would do the same thing(I guess all of us wold do the same thing xD). Well in a matter of time i believe that AmistrRO will GROW...
So I'll keep supporting the server. /heh

IGN: Izual
"I Like The Way You Smile Lil' Riding Hood"
DeathClaw
Poring
Poring

Post by DeathClaw »

LOL I use to play raijero.... anyway

WoE is unbalance cause of MCing and most newer players arent usually invited to WoE guilds cause why get new players when you have you usually 10-14 MCing 2-3 clients. Events are the same old boring things with players sitting around and just waiting to either win or lose. Get more active events. Hazel had some decent ideas with her novice events. Took real concentration and effort to win. Cant afk like in dice event lol.

I stop playing cause PvP went dead and I love PvP lol.

The idea for a daily WoE sounds good. Some people are too busy on weekends to play.

What I say dont really matter. I wont ever be active again. But some people do love this server.
Koma wrote:
Celica wrote:ps: i recall that the larger majority of our population died off as they kept getting banned for botting and thirdparty use. thats another reason this server doesnt grow as good as it sounds it is a necessity and u can see it from the majority exploiting other servers. i know ppl duping on lumina and its the main reason they stay.
There's a good point here. Over the course of May and June alone, 55 accounts were banned from the server for botting. Of that, I'd say about 20 were individual people if not all of them. For the record and over the course of the entire server life, there are about 330-340 ban entries.
Like 12 of those 55 bans were Brent lol.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Like 12 of those 55 bans were Brent lol.
Actually no, Brent was not banned in May or June, rather he was banned in April.
Celica
Drops
Drops

Post by Celica »

DeathClaw wrote:Events are the same old boring things with players sitting around and just waiting to either win or lose. Get more active events. Hazel had some decent ideas with her novice events. Took real concentration and effort to win. Cant afk like in dice event lol.
they tried to do real events and there was no player increase or excitement. kiana even did the kafra kidnapping event alot over the past few months too. just look at the pvp event that few were interested in. thats as active as it gets. they did them in every timezone too afaik. aoi did a few, jekyll did a few, hazel did a few, kiana did a few across areas. just look at the history. this is all with the automated crap also.
DeathClaw wrote:I stop playing cause PvP went dead and I love PvP lol.
see above. cant really blame the server since they even tried to excite it with the dota script and ladder which no one suggested to use more.
DeathClaw wrote:The idea for a daily WoE sounds good. Some people are too busy on weekends to play.
i think they tried to setup woes on weekdays and that fell to the floor. there are already too many woes so it doesnt matter. no one even goes to the baby woe and the mini woe was a failure since it was during the week.
DeathClaw wrote:What I say dont really matter. I wont ever be active again. But some people do love this server.
and this sums up how every1 else feels. can anyone honestly say that with any of these changes theyd come back and be interested in the server? i doubt it.

lol brent.
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

Pcmaniac, I didn't give any opinions.

Celica, people Are going to baby woe
Ran
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ran »

This thread is intended for the people who STILL play at the server. If you aren't playing here why the heck are you guys posting? You're entitled to your opinion but if you don't even play here keep it to yourself.

For those of us who are staying, I say we spam vote as much as we all can and try to attract new players.

Oh and for the person who was wondering why gRO closed, I believe it was because of GM corruption and the many of the players seeing it. There was a post showing a Slepnir given to a player by a GM, and suddenly the post was erased and the server closed.

Which is kind of the exact opposite of Amistr. Amistr has such a low population because the botters keep getting kicked out and are taking their friends with them. What we need is a fresh player base, if that's even possible.

So come on everyone!!! Let's VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!

~Drink in my hand and my heart on the dance-floor~
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Ran wrote:This thread is intended for the people who STILL play at the server. If you aren't playing here why the heck are you guys posting? You're entitled to your opinion but if you don't even play here keep it to yourself.
I still support the server, started voting etc and when the server picks up again I'll start playing again rather then afk in game.

I'm guessing the GMs are already working on this but in case they aren't.. Hire some new happyfuntime event GMs or even some support GMs :3. Players that are new to any server usually ask things like "when was the last time a GM was on?" or "how often are there events?"