State of the server..

Anything related to your server.
PCManiac
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

State of the server..

Post by PCManiac »

Another WoE is done.

Some of my hatters killed me, i used a couple of consumables but long story short:
-FB: "we are quitting" (again);
-Wena Wena: "we are quitting";
-SL: Lets kill ourselves just o kill the WoE boredom.

This is starting to be quite repetitive.

So, my question to the community is, what would you suggest to the GMs to get the server more active?

-The server has already voting links for the guild lists (no points to be fair and to not let the other servers accuse of cheating.. even though every single server now-a-days gives something for the "votes" and they are still in the list).
-The Admins do a great job to keep the community happy accepting and keeping an eye on the players suggestions and implementing it ASAP if a good number of person show that they like that idea.
-The server itself is really stable and (at least for were i leave) pretty much lag less. The only times i felt lag spikes and/or random disconnections, it wasn't their fault.
-There are no over-powered head gears being given out.

But still, ppl keep on leaving..

So, i would like to ask the random spam-posters to keep the thread clean and to the ppl that care with the server, what should be done.

Best regards,
PCManiac
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: State of the server..

Post by Koma »

I just want to point out that I take full responsibility for a little bit of the seemingly inactivity in regards to updates. While we have been doing the weekly maintenance on schedule (even after a full core SVN rebuild this week due to eA SVN changes), I have been delayed with pushing out the weekly update logs. For those that follow the eAthena logs, they should notice that we have stayed intact in following those on a normal basis; as well as those that have reported bugs which have been fixed as necessary.

Development has been a bit on the slow-side as I've been quite busy at work up until this past Friday with project deadlines. I'm aiming at correcting the backlog and adding in some of the newer implementations shortly -- but take this with a grain of salt considering that I've been wrong before (which I admit). Kiana has actually been covering letting players know about a majority of the changes, on top of any server-side development and events more recently especially considering we are short-handed after Hazel stepped down.

We have temporarily removed donations as they are unnecessary with the current population. Once it stabilizes, they will be re-implemented -- this is a measure done to keep confidence in the knowledge that the server is not under any financial concerns and also as a way to prevent donations if the state deteriorates to a critical level. We care of course.

Looking forward to the responses in this thread though. Thanks!
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

Actually I want to see some big changes to be made here ..
Fresh new things, maybe customization .. and do reward the voting, it's hard to compete with all the other servers that do reward voting and get away with it. So there's no reason to not reward voting, what stops you?

Don't be afraid to customize a few things here and there, make Amistr more unique please ..
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

If you are talking about statted customs then thats an instant no thanks.

More automated events, minigames and fun little things wouldnt hurt though. (Maybe even the implementation of the housing into the main server? :D)
/right
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

Hahaha naive person.
Housing system ..? .. auto. events ..? those things won't make the server more attracive.
I never said anything about statted customs .. by customizing i mean, custom maps, custom features, customized skill / aura etc.
You can change alot of things and still be reall
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

As a player that logs on for aboot 5ish minutes every week now I can say I stopped "playing" because the community is poop.. customization wont bring the players that left back and I doubt it will keep people playing.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Well being more attractive is debatable, but it would definitely assist in keeping our current player base.

We can do everything we can to make ourselves more attractive, but if people dont have fun then why bother stay? I'd rather a small fun server that people enjoy playing over a large, impersonal server where its only fun if you win or stay within your own little group.

We shouldn't be adding things we are only adding to make ourselves more attractive. We SHOULD add things that we want to see and would enjoy using. Im a fan of auto events because they can be used to promote the already existing minigames or features of this server that go largely unused.
/right
Yanos
Poring
Poring

Post by Yanos »

I would say, personally i dont see any WOW improvement one char can do after it get to 99/70 and atleast most gear +6-+9, thers... lil quest making, i started making the New World quest, an d in 1 day I did like 5 to 8 quest, htey wer entertain while doing, after it get to the part of "Hunt this, hunt that" ... (personally didnt like feel alone questin...) the game wath need is END GAME runs, and people that lieks to make the runs, since i joined with my guildis by beguining of year, "EVERIONE" but i mean like 80% or more of population only rely on the Events for hat, or the WoE, i know the woes are fun, going to a event is nice (liked the maffia thing when hazel implemnt it lol, true would have like something mre usefull than a OPB for wining, not either a hat >.>), this game isnt only for woe, because wath happen when ppl only live for battle, the die, get frustrated when they cant pass defens, stuff like that, to what that leads? more ppl leaving...

This is one of the only ROs that I have play that have some quest activate atleast, thats nice, but still dont keep ppl in since they dont like that.

There's several improvements that can be done; first, either make some long, daily improving quest that for making them constantly can improve something (example, a acc that for X times or quest done gives +1, +2, bla bla to a stat) or, second, make daily woes (since ppl like them so much, theres only been use 1 castle per woe, thers a total of 20 FE castles and5 SE, and on weekend theres only 3 FE and 1 SE been in use, that leaves to 17FE and 4 SE castles to be use in the week days.

Those are the only 2 ideas that I belive can improve the morale, fun rank and usage of game.

(pst: if I get any futher idea, or anyone want more deep info on any of them, ask and will inform)

BTW, have been waiting for hte 3 class to appear XD i know they are waiting for it be best implemented, but aaa to long T_T

Apart of that... there should be more "COLLECTOR" stuff, things in wich one can burn money, example, apart of hats, some cloths, sunglass, pets, any "WTF" nice stuff that burn Millions zenys to make ppl want to have then and farm a lot... anything XD
Zezca
Poring
Poring

Post by Zezca »

well.. i agree with dowe.. EVENTS EVENTS EVENTS..
and its been a bit sad when hazel left.. im always waiting for her after WoE.. /cry
and i also suggest to all players who are still active.. to VOTE Amistr..
in that way we can attract more people to play in this server..
and have a competitive environment in terms of WoE and PvP..
and by the way, addtional statless custom hats would be good..
another suggestion.. can you add the enriched elu and enriched oridecon on battlegrounds?
and since a few people are active can we use MCs on Battlegrounds?
thanks..
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Kabuki »

As a player that logs on for aboot 5ish minutes every week now I can say I stopped "playing" because the community is poop.. customization wont bring the players that left back and I doubt it will keep people playing.
Custimazation wont bring the players that left back? .. are they coming back the way it is now?
besides, they just wont come back and they don't need to come back.
but it would definitely assist in keeping our current player base
Current player base .. lol 8 people?

If you both don't see there's big changes needed to get more population you're both very very sick..

I don't understand why you care about the current player base. events are boring .. they can't feed a server.
population and activity is what makes it fun. Large servers impersonal? You got to be kidding.
Don't come up with shit that won't change anything or wont happen at all! THINK!
.. adding things we want to see and would enjoy using

ahahaa, waoohh ye!! that will solve all!!
Let's go all!!!
I lol at you random forum posters