Server Suggestions.

Anything related to your server.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Server Suggestions.

Post by Phaiyte »

So Amistr is now closing and has about 2 weeks left in it's lifetime.
So let's all go ahead and use this thread to suggest servers for this community to call home or temp play or whatever. Right now I can suggest SanctityRO. 150/150/60(retarded lol), but I only show up there because all of my friends I normally play with are there and it's really not that bad. No retarded customs that blow shit out of proportion, a few weeaboos to make fun of, hot asian bitches, etc.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Server Suggestions.

Post by Koma »

As far as the higher rates go, I encourage players to experiment with various servers and rates. There were quite a number of low-rate players from 1/1/1 to 10/10/10 servers that were pleasantly surprised that a 50/50/30 server is not as cheap as it seems. The numbers may look high but even a 150x server with the right configuration can feel as much of a home as a 50x server.

Looking over a lot of the comments and suggestions, the configurations for customs, @go, @storage, @warp, decarders, and so forth are more along the lines of a higher than 50x server (depending on the staff and players of course). A player accustomed to 50x may find things very similar at a majority of higher rate servers. The main thing to really look at is the drop rate. Moving from a 30x drop rate server to a 100x drop rate server may look like a great deal but it's only a little over 3x the speed of what was experienced here. This doesn't necessarily mean 100% drop rate either as many of those servers even have a lower MVP card drop rate than even ours with a large amount of custom quests to adventure in.

In a way, the re-configuration for fun is also to help players understand the feel with their fully leveled characters. It should help players understand who haven't tried it exactly how far they'd go with rates and open up larger horizons. By the end of the month, a player should have the logical understanding if they like anything lower or anything higher and make a proper decision where to move next considering there aren't many viable alternatives in our current range.