Controlled pvp

Dook
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Controlled pvp

Post by Dook »

minzo wrote:1 pvp arena with no pots and 1 with pots I say
i like this, pvp maps/system also need to be changed, maybe with the guild_vs maps
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

If you can't tank (one) EDP SB while the sinx isn't soul linked, you need to learn how to play RO.

Imo just remove the following links:
Soul Linker
Assassin
Crusader
Rogue
Sage
Sarin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Sarin »

Sakaretsu wrote:If you can't tank (one) EDP SB while the sinx isn't soul linked, you need to learn how to play RO.
You are aware that EDP SB outside WoE is stronger than EDP linked SB at WoE? With good equip, non-linked SB can kill anyone except for swordsman classses.
Dook
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Dook »

Sarin wrote:
Sakaretsu wrote:If you can't tank (one) EDP SB while the sinx isn't soul linked, you need to learn how to play RO.
You are aware that EDP SB outside WoE is stronger than EDP linked SB at WoE? With good equip, non-linked SB can kill anyone except for swordsman classses.
And with a good equip, people won't die to edp sb.
Sarin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Sarin »

Let's see.

When I take my usual SinX build and put it in the calc...I get well over 26k EDP SB, not linked, on Vanberk. So PvP damage will be what, 14-15k against full reduces and decent def. Many classes can't survive that, and SB sin is tough guy himself, so he's likely to survive those 2 secs till next SB.

That's supposed to be "skill" PvP, not about brute force.
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

Nah with basic +7 gear and reducs, edp sb non linked is only about 10k

maybe ban edp and allow link lol?
Sarin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Sarin »

Nah...when SinX goes all out with damage, and in PvP, it is possible as there won't be too many people unlike at WoE, the damage against 35 hard def and 40% reductions is like 14k.

Allow link might be a good idea, for priest entering PvP will mostly be HLer :D It kinda changes SB too, double damage isn't TOO much a problem, 6-8k SB are surviveable, and there is time to retaliate.

I'm pretty sure that it won't be long anyway before people will bring buffing chars right into the pvp.
Hedus
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Hedus »

I'm glad to see this suggestion is being taken fairly positively.
Allow link might be a good idea, for priest entering PvP will mostly be HLer :D It kinda changes SB too, double damage isn't TOO much a problem, 6-8k SB are surviveable, and there is time to retaliate.
Linking isn't outlawed just for SB. There are also professors, clowns, paladins, and priests that get extreme buffs, while classes like champ or sniper don't benefit much at all.
I'm pretty sure that it won't be long anyway before people will bring buffing chars right into the pvp.
People try that, but you then have to find your buffer(hope you don't spawn on the people you're trying to kill), and when you buffer is in pvp, it becomes very easy for the people there to find it and kill it. Also with linkers outlawed, you will only be getting priest buffs and bragi. So at least this way duel client buffing becomes much harder to do, and much less worth it. Generally most people do not bother.