(+) Make Dungeons Not Require Quest

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Make Dungeons Not Require Quest

Post by Syze »

What I meant was to skip the quests entirely and warp to level 1

However if you would like to warp to other levels, a seperate quest would be required. Just something to think about.
Jinxess
Poring
Poring

Post by Jinxess »

Koma wrote:Part of the reason why that quest usage is in place is also for the "Leveling Event".

As far as the suggestion went though, did you mean leave the warp positions the way they are and if the quests are completed, add the capability to warp to different levels? Or still skip the quests and give the reward of warping to other levels available?

Either way, if I get the input sooner, I can have this ready -- along with the other changes -- on Tuesday.
I'm no masochist or hardcore PvE'er so I would choose to:
1.) Not be required to do the dungeon entrance quests for all dungeons and
2.) Be able to warp to all levels of that dungeon (OR all dungeons)(there are some exceptions that I can see not being allowed to be warped to like... I don't know, Bio3? Up to you guys; just state your reason why warping to that dungeon level isn't allowed)

BUT, I would be willing to do the quests in order to be able to select different levels of that dungeon especially Thanatos Tower and Bio3 (and Geffenia and the other dungeons as others have opted for).
Valorous
Drops
Drops

Post by Valorous »

i agree with dungeons not requiring quests.

i strongly disagree with there being a level warper.
Hedus
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Hedus »

Here is my free 2 cents:

Warping to levels of the dungeon and to quest dungeons is useful for hunting, but a bad idea in some cases. It is not so bad for simple dungeons like Payon Cave(exept that warping to the MvP level seems like not such a good idea for some reason), but for Thanatos tower it is extremely bad. It is part of the endgame to do quests such as the Sign quest, Thanatos Tower, Endless Tower etc.. Giving a warp to these places before having done the quest removes the incentive.

As for needing to quest for easy dungeons: It seems apparent that everyone who replied to this thread likes not having to do the quests, and indeed It is a pain in the ass. However, The server is already 50x, and you get a warp to the dungeon entrance! We players have become so lazy. I could understand leaving the quests in just to make using those dungeons something that is earned.

Anyways, being able to warp to quest dungeons like Amatsu seems relatively harmless, but when it is something like Geffenia, or being able to warp to high levels of towers, or warping to the MvP level, the warping isn't a good idea.

ps: Glast Heim is one place where warping to levels is a GOOD idea. >_> god dam gargoyles.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This topic has also been accepted.

We will be adjusting the Dungeon Warper accordingly to allow warping to the first level of each dungeon. As far as questing to access other parts of the dungeons, we will see how that goes if we manage to put this in on Tuesday.

The reason why these scripts aren't going immediately in is to prevent an excessive amount of @reloadscripts. Using @unloadnpc/@loadnpc has no effect on loading these in due to their back-scripting being functions which are duplicated across all of the maps as it is. If we find an opportunity to load these in before Tuesday night, we will take that.