a long rant about economy

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

a long rant about economy

Post by rephikul »

1) Zeny, inflation and trade
In many, many servers I have been there's always an inflation of zeny. And at some point zeny simply lose its value. What's the point of more if you already have 500m and every other gears you need? Of course not everyone would reach this point but those who do, they also happen to be the most resourceful players out there with multiple valuable items of the same kind which they prefer not to sell cause the gain is not worth it if other people would se the same items against them in pvp or woe or what not. Furthermore the best stuff in RO cannot be bought from the NPC, making the need for zeny never dire once you have reached a level of dedication.

2)Custom warper, healer and official ones.

Official healer: Inn, 5k/use
Official warper: kafra, airsheep, coolcorp, boats, price vary

Custom Healer: The amount of time it save me by using official healer is already more then enough for PVE, and for PVP it add a nice zeny sink for everyone involved. 5k is NOTHING. Just look at the train of thor leeching taek in the inn of any low rate server and you'd understand. I see absolutely no reason for us to add a free one. If anything, add healers at convenient location but charge ridiculous price for it. For instant, add an option to kafra nps to heal you, 10-20k ea. I know for a fact that woe guilds WILL make full use of that extra price, because they can gather at more remote save point and they dont need to go anywhere to resupply.

Custom Warper: Priests already have warp skill. Therre's no need to make it redundant (and thus encourage soloing even more) If anything, custom warpers should be extremely expensive so that only priests would use them to save time getting new warp point. The more time ppl spend on getting THAT warp point, the less money go into circulation and thus the custom warp price should compensate the convenience. 50-100k/go is already cheap. There was this servers where monk/champ heal+warp to nameless, asura and bwing back, repeat. It's just THAT sad.

3) The price is right
I must be one of the very few people who think much of official free server's change to the money system a good, balanced and much needed change for RO to remain stable economically wise. If you dont know the details, check them here
I agree with: Increased kafra cost, Increased price of many items, increase sp usage of teleport (priests have to use fwing now), moving many class-dependant items to npc-sold only, removal of GTB.
I disagree with anything that get moved onto kafra shop.

As far as mid and high server is concerned I actually also agree with removal of safe level upgrade if enriched elus are offered in any form. 5 elus and 1-5m for a 50% chance of getting an enriched elu is kind of a fair price, btw.

4) Economy and monsters
Everyone know, there's not enough zeny sink in RO. Especially on a mid rate server where many high zeny value items (as far as npcs are concerned) drop at very high rate this is a significant matter. I'm too bored to remake it, but I have once made a program to see which'd the most profitable non-mpv mob to farm for npc zeny a few years on a high rate server and sleeper and obeaune topped everything else, reaching roughly 8-9k zeny per kill. I'd say a baseline value for a mob's zeny worth (as a zeny source) of 5k is relatively accurate. Every customization should take into account this value, making sure that the benefit sufficiently compensated with their zeny cost, ensuring a stable economy.

5) More zeny sinks?
See how the kafra shop consist mostly of non-permanent items? We can also do that. For instant, +stat food. No body make them for PVP, and is a total waste in PVE.Thus they should be charged to be tempting enough to be used in PVP and alluring enough for ppl to use in pve, but still actually suck their money dry. Think karvo. Think berries. 250k-500k a pop would be ok, imo.

Another example, the beforementioned enriched elu. Now those are diffrent. Common refinable stuff drop in shovels so you dont price it against them. Price it against mvp drop or super pvp items like combat knife, valk armor/shield etc. As I have suggested, 5 elus and 1-5m for a 50% chance of getting an enriched elu is kind of a fair price.

Official RO event headgears also is a prime candidate. Like miniboss/MVP card and some 8-9 digits of zeny for one. Just as planned.

Disputes can also be staged, with zeny being the only way to resolve it. Take woe castle time. Guilds can "lobby" to make it happen sooner, later, or at current time. 1-2 days before woe, Whichever choice with the most money placed shall be executed though current time's value should be calculated in double/triple/quadruple so it get stable after a while. Woe shall go in the chosen direction by one hour, all the money placed on that choice freed from the system. If you dont win, you get the money back. Stuff like that would allow silent rage between continents and drain money away very fast. Not just money, MvP/minibosses can also be used as "triump card" to settle these disputes.

TL,DR: For god's sake customize a fun economy in, I'm so used to eve online's superb market it's so hard to go back to RO.
Paris Hilton
Poring
Poring

Re: a long rant about economy

Post by Paris Hilton »

i really hope you're trolling
ImageImage
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Paris Hilton wrote:i really hope you're trolling
I was expecting something more constructive.
Paris Hilton
Poring
Poring

Post by Paris Hilton »

rephikul wrote:
I was expecting something more constructive.
10/10
ImageImage
Snuggle
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Snuggle »

^
Snuggle me for SP!
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Closed as NULL since this is going nowhere.