WPE sensitivity

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WPE sensitivity

Post by Koma »

I have a full log of the people that trip that server kick as well as their IP addresses. It's not as common as you think.

I can also view the instances that trigger it -- hence why I always mention measuring the actual player delays.

EDIT: For reference, there were about 20 unique players to hit it since we've launched (August 15th). About 12 were actually discovered as botters later on. As an additional note, it is rarely seen during WoE hours (one instance found), and there are maybe 2-3 hits per day average. As far as adjusting it to "good players", that's a good one -- I'm sure you'd LOVE to be grouped with the others.
Valiere
Drops
Drops

Post by Valiere »

Grouped with who? who's the others, wuz goign on
Punishment: For acting stupid varies depending on the level of stupidity.
I have a feeling this rule will apply to me very soon...
Valiere
Drops
Drops

Post by Valiere »

So I just tried it, apparently I can't do it whenever I fraps because it lags too much, but this is as close as I can get, forgot to bring up the task manager though. I'll get another screenie with the task manager up. Lost another fawking valk because this stupid crap -.-

Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

I'm willing to bet I could reliably reproduce this ala fraps with task manager wide open; either your WPE detection settings are bad, or he's very near the server where a packet burst due to MSQSM at the ISP can cause bulk responses. It could also be high local latency due to either the server hardware or the actual settings on the server having a queue setting for inbound packet handling, especially if you're not using a linux box.

I suggest lots of studying is done into how network traffic works before assuming that the system is foolproof.
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Takes a lot of rage to waste that much time on something so sad.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

No one said that the system was foolproof, however, with the lack of details, not much can be done until the data is gathered further as in how he's actually doing things. As stated before, a lag burst could be causing these issues also.

In the QA test and IT world, bugs go into several buckets: Active/Investigating, Held For Repro, Closed as Fixed/Duplicate/Non-Repro/Won't Fix, and so forth. Currently, this would be in the Investigation stage.

I suggest reading.
Teapot
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Teapot »

Please fix this me and Val lost our valkyrie to Devil Tools players because of this bullslap. He's not WPEing and yes some people have very quick fingers and can spam it that fast. We should'nt have to click slower because of some bs WPE detector.
Image COOL STORY BRO High Priest of STFUKTHX
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Moving this thread to "Bug Reports" as this seems more likely to be a bug than a sensitivity issue considering that the sensitivity is already quite low.
Valiere
Drops
Drops

Post by Valiere »

Apparently not low enough imo =-=
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

Koma wrote:Moving this thread to "Bug Reports" as this seems more likely to be a bug than a sensitivity issue considering that the sensitivity is already quite low.
Sculde [creator] asked me earlier about what WPE is then I explained it to her bec she got kicked out of the server for using cultivate. She got scared of getting banned for just using plant cultivation. /!

I told her its just the server pc's acting stupid.

But still, its kinda crazy, you know. /dum

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Valiere
Drops
Drops

Post by Valiere »

No response yet :[ I had to slow down my spammage to kill a valk which took like 5 minutes lmfao