Gym Passes.

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Castile
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Gym Passes.

Post by Castile »

I say go for it. The only argument against it so far is "It's overpowered" which hasn't quite been explained yet. Non str based classes are one of my least favorite things to play, because you're simply hamstringed into a lesser role of support due to your split stats. People might be able to survive longer under certain circumstances, but it's not going to make a difference when you're up against bad odds or making a stupid mistake. I don't really have much to add on what's been said, other than my support for it.
Valiere
Drops
Drops

Post by Valiere »

they bad, terribad :( you fail at trolling meng. maybe? just maybe??? if you go to your kitchen, and grab the toaster, get some bread, toast for about 25 seconds (DUN LET IT BURN), and get some butter, spread evenly, and eat it...well no nvm you still wouldn't be able to troll right. Sry, better luck next time
Punishment: For acting stupid varies depending on the level of stupidity.
I have a feeling this rule will apply to me very soon...
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I'm going to add a pretty well known factor for this thread.

If it's readily available for everyone, it's less abusable for everyone. It's essentially the same as reducing the weight on items. See the commentary @ http://ragnarok-guide.com/ragnarok-gym-pass-quest/" TARGET="_blank or http://iro.ragnarokonline.com/kafrashop ... ?Mallidx=1" TARGET="_blank since the issue of the item itself being abusable has been discussed many times over. A lot of older players remember some lower rate servers having 1 weight on all healing items and there not being an issue. It just leads to more spending/farming if anything. Considering that there is a reset NPC, the concern of players having built with/without STR initially is also eliminated.

True that it's a nice addition, but it's more a moot point in terms of competition. If anything, it'll help players farm more or make battles last a little bit longer -- possibly allow more Asura to go off but it goes both ways defense and offense in WoE. For example, currently, the defense has the advantage more in terms of Asura since they can Butterfly Wing/@die to town, Healer, flag back in as it is.

The question at stake here is: how to implement it if anything. Not "if" it should be implemented. Should it be quested? Should it be buyable? Or should it just be a skill added to the Platinum Skill portion of the Job Researcher? Contrary to the way it is on official, I'm not exactly for it being a donation either. For reference, if you look at their current price for it on iRO, it is $3.99 for level 10 on the Premium servers, so it's not exactly the most expensive or too hard to get.

Also, as much as I'm saying that it might be a no-issue (when I know there are a lot of holes in that argument), I'm not suggesting it be Approved or Denied. I'd rather this thread be pushed more upon the subject of "how" it goes in -- not if it's "abusable" at this time. Abuse discussion should more or less be decided after this point is settled first.
Ryukaki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Ryukaki »

I am perfectly okay with having to perform a quest-- either a collection quest, or an adventure quest of any sort, for either one, an incremental set (For instance, completing one part of the quest gives you 3 passes, the second part of it 3, and the last part 4, or a scale therein dependent on how many you want to be available in total.) or all of them at once for completing one quest.

It should definitely be something that is not simple to do, but is available to any player who wants to go ahead and obtain them, which means no guild-only tasks or items, although a party being a requirement in some way is not a problem.

Likewise, given that the rates on the server are high and you will deal with a high amount of zeny input which will naturally cause inflation, making them available for say, 10m each, from an NPC, or for a 100m one-time sink, again, through an NPC, would function as a great alternative, able to be put in alongside the quest, or as a price once you complete the quest.

Both would be 100% acceptable for anyone I know who plays the game, and giving them away free from the Platinum NPC would be a bit too.. well, free, as they /do/ offer a set of advantages, they're just ones that are available to anyone and practically necessary for high-level play.
How to not have a life: rageragerageragerage and make a collage of someone's response times to a forum topic while conjecturing that they don't sleep.

Takes a lot of rage to waste that much time on something so sad.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

crap, theres another hater

too many baddies relying on kafra items, oh jeez

ps; make gym passes donation items, i dont mind - but lets see if you would donate =D

if not, stfu. dont think you would like gympasses now huh?
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

tired wrote:crap, theres another hater

too many baddies relying on kafra items, oh jeez

ps; make gym passes donation items, i dont mind - but lets see if you would donate =D

if not, stfu. dont think you would like gympasses now huh?
Your arguments make no sense at all.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

if you want it so much, go donate for it, simple
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Regarding the Gym Passes, please follow the following format for showing your support or showing your against this;
Special Note: Any flaming or going off topic, generally not following format will either be deleted or end with the thread being locked and denied if necessary.

Why I would like to see this implemented: (Option if you would like to see this implemented)

Why I wouldn’t like to see this implemented: (Option if you would don’t want to see this implemented)

How this should be implemented: (system you think would be best for this)
Zeph
Poring
Poring

Post by Zeph »

I would love to see this implemented because I play sniper and hp and it would make them much more enjoyable.
Juse please do not make them donation as giving people an advantage in woe for paying money is best left to terrible high rate servers. A quest would be best imo.