(+) Storageable Zeny Coins

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

(+) Storageable Zeny Coins

Post by Resolve »

We can just forget about that banker. We can make coins become convertible into zeny coins in denominations of, say 100k, 500k, 1mil.

This helps people do intra-account and inter-account zeny transfers via Gstorage/storage.

Another nice part is that people will have less of an idea on how much zeny other people have, thereby stabilizing prices in the economy and let laissez faire work. The thing atm is that people tend to raise prices based on [or at least, is positively correlated to] the median zeny ownership as per the zeny ladder, which kind of artificially skews thing up.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Celica
Drops
Drops

Re: Storageable Zeny Coins

Post by Celica »

Who'd put zeny coins in a guild storage? That is asking for abuse who cares if they get kicked out for stealing everything. This makes it a hassle getting money from all of the conversion. You're better off mailing it to someone if they need it or trading it. Which is better? A friend Paypalling you money to your bank account, a friend direct depositing or wiring you money to your bank account, a friend giving you money in Rupies when your currency is a Euro, or a friend giving you cold hard cash in your currency? The zeny ladder doesnt list bank amounts afaik so laissez-faire wont work for this suggestion too. If ppl arent putting money in the bank, what makes u think theyll convert their zeny to coins.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

^ While you're right on track with the "who would put zeny coins in their guild storage?" idea, Res is promoting this for his VEND FLEET GUILD. His guild + his characters = no scams.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

Celica wrote:Who'd put zeny coins in a guild storage?
merch fleet guilds like mine.

That is asking for abuse who cares if they get kicked out for stealing everything. This makes it a hassle getting money from all of the conversion. You're better off mailing it to someone if they need it or trading it. Which is better?
i wont steal from myself. thats absurd.
If ppl arent putting money in the bank, what makes u think theyll convert their zeny to coins.
Hmm. How much money do you have?

Moving on...

This system is in place on some major servers like those on top of the midrates list. Aside from helping to administer/manage merch fleets, zeny coins are also useful to in the future for trades which go beyond 1 billion zeny [say, boss cards and etc]. As to whether no other person can see the usefulness for it, or its "abusability" rooting from the possibility that people will be stupid enough to put those coins in a guild storage which is accessible to strangers, is not a valid point only for an abstinence vote.

TL;DR Version: Zeny Coins for:

1. easier management of merch fleets
2. enable to go beyond zeny trade cap in the future when trades may go beyond 1 bill z.
3. more convenient way of concealing resources

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Considering this does no harm and changes no balance, this will just be added in as a feature to the Banker.

Not this week though. I've been busy dealing with my own hardware issues hence why I've been slow to respond to a lot of things which is now dealt with. It's still possible that I can finish this quickly though. We'll see.

EDIT: Completed. We're only allowing them to be convertable via the NPC and in 1million denominations for security reasons (makes it easier for us to scan for exploits if we only look for 1 NPC transaction/item transaction in Prontera) and location is locked.