(+) WoE castle flag

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Kino
Poring
Poring

(+) WoE castle flag

Post by Kino »

Is it possible since currently flags in cities do nothing at all for the holder of the guild, to at least make them give free warps to the castle(s) when its not WoE time? Maybe city ones warp to outside the castle and other one could stay the same.

Would give members that don't have memo/ priest warp to actually be able to get there quicker then just walking.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WoE castle flag

Post by Koma »

This is a possibility or even adding all of the Guild War "fields" (outside of the castle) to the Warp Manager (with Last Warp support). We'll need more feedback though. We briefly looked this over today and considered it to be put in with today's updates, but it won't make it without further comments.
Novalmauge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Novalmauge »

+1

I've been on other servers, as a GM(guildmaster), and having the flag teleport me to the castle was a huge time savor. Personally I thought they did that anyway, but if it needs to be implemented in either the flag or the warp agent I'd love for it to be.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Older versions of the WoE flags actually supported this up until about a 2006 or 2007 eAthena change I think. It was a change to official configurations yes, but it can be restored here considering we are a 50x of course. The only issue is players that don't own the castles wanting an easier way to the guild fields too which I'd see as a complaint in the future if this is implemented -- hence why I brought up adding that as well. =)

EDIT on 10/21: We won't be allowing direct castle access unfortunately from the town flags. The current consideration is having a warp outside of each of the WoE castles via the Warp Manager instead. Sure it adds an additional step of warping to the castle then warping via the flag, but it eliminates the imbalance of castle owners being able to go directly to their castle from town versus non-castle owners warping elsewhere.
Novalmauge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Novalmauge »

Ideally the flags were only usable outside of WoE times, and personally thats what I ment. I had no intention of giving the actual owners a chance to get there faster than everyone else.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

For some reason that wasn't triggering in my head after the first response. I'll add it in with the next update as far as during non-WoE times go.