(+) WoE Guardians

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Re: WoE Guardians

Post by Resolve »

tired wrote:
dkyo wrote:I really don't see any other reason to play woe if not kill people.
I'm sure you would love to play on an empty server just to break the emp and keep with the castle till the end of woe.
This woe would be so cool ^^
XDD

its ok, dont change anything because im obviously wrong

have fun guys

time to /ragequit, have fun going against e.o.s, maybe you can have a decent woe then

here is a guy complaining about game mechanics being too unfair when every other server has the same. If he ragequits, and goes to another server, will the guardians be weaker? No.

OK, tired. SHR time for ya, choose those ones with 999 level cap so u can out pot them or even be able to SS and post another screenie in the woe threads.

gl hf.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

so you took my post serious, oo

time to head to uni class

ps; i wouldnt be complaining about the 'guardians' or as you call 'game mechanics' if the server had enough pop to woe and 'help' out

have fun with your asian woe too, a chance for you to get a castle too since barely anyone will turn up, i guess people like breaking empty castles, better hope no one is defending there along with the guardians, sianzzz

oh hays, look what i found
However I find that the sword guardians are pretty Over Powered. Case in point. If you were to build 3-4 guardians then place them near the entrance of the castle, a certain abuse a power can happen. You can have someone leave guild, and proceed to drag all of the guardians on the warp in portal. Combine the hard hitting guardians, with a Storm gust precast, combined with slow grace, and it makes it next to impossible to penetrate the defenses of that castle.
Personally, from a small guild AND a small server's perspective...they're overpowered. I like having to actually THINK when it comes to WoE:SE, but it makes it damn near impossible for any small guild to stand a chance against them

I'm sure they're fine when you're in a big guild, or a big server...but damn.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Selective quoting from a 1.5 years old dead topic ftw
13attle wrote:
Doddler wrote:
A dead guardian doesn't come back, so dropping the guardians should be top priority. Dead guardians don't respawn... I can't emphasize that enough! They're timed spawn and new guardians are added over time, with no correlation if they die or not (unless there are less than 2 guardians).

And the biggest point that people overlook, the guardian timed spawn.

When woe starts: 4 guardians.
After 5 minutes: 6 guardians.
After 15 minutes: 8 guardians.
After 30 minutes: 10 guardians.
After 45 minutes: 12 guardians.
After 1 hour: 14 guardians.

If you wait 30-60 minutes to attack a fort you plan to break, you basically give the enemy a huge advantage by waiting. Not to mention that when woe starts, the guardians have to be specifically commanded to be summoned; they don't exist when woe starts. Killing a guardian stone wipes out half of the defending guardians as well... even if its rebuilt, it starts back at 2 guardians and needs to work back up. Obviously the initial numbers are a bit higher if castles have a high defense rating but the difference isn't nearly as noticeable as simply one hour passing. You need 30 defense rating to even get 1 bonus starting guardian per stone.
The biggest thing people overlook.
I feel your pain doddler, the nubs just bitch and bitch, they don't look at the big picture.
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

Personally, from a small guild AND a small server's perspective...they're overpowered. I like having to actually THINK when it comes to WoE:SE, but it makes it damn near impossible for any small guild to stand a chance against them

I'm sure they're fine when you're in a big guild, or a big server...but damn.
Guardians are only overpowered on servers with small populations. If you have a good number of people and are any good at breaking precasts, more people will get out of the CP and shit than the guardians can pick off.
Yes, WOE2 Guardians are overpowered but I think it is an essential component of WOE2 agits to make them harder to take down. Fewer number of WOE2 agits means less of it to go around, and the once a week schedule makes it even more valuable, so much so that a guild may be forced to just sit in it the whole time. Boorring. But a few of those guardians lounging around may entice a knowledgeable guild to set up the proper defenses and take a chance on attacking or helping out other guilds for a more enjoyable sieging experience.
whether how 'easy' you think it is to kill a guardian with limited classes/people, nice try

i bolded the area to make some sense of clearness, unless you wanna quote useless comments again, go ahead.

i pulled a all nighter so time to sleep, CYA LATER
Novalmauge
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Novalmauge »

Ok, first of I'm coming from a small guild perspective. I'm not "Entirely" geared yet, but I have enough to contribute to WoE effectively

Ok, about the guardians, I’ve played numerous p. servers, and participated in WoE & WoE SE on most. Guardians are a part of it… plan and simple. I know how the spawn system works, and how killing guardians is almost crucial. Yet, the problem is only half the guardians fault… the low population of this server causes the guardians to become even more of a problem than they should ever be. I recall numerous times walking into the castle with 1-2 guardians (not that big of a threat), but 5 DT guildies backing them up. Idk, correct me if I’m wrong, but this splits my attention between AI and PC… Thus, my reasoning becomes… do I take out the Enemy or their guardian.
Shinji wrote:Firstly - dont cry. Secondly - guardians are not so powerful. I suggest you guys should make guilds with active players, then maybe you could kill them. Play in team - this is woe, second edition. I remeber that in old ragnarok paladin could solo 30-40 people at once. Other class could did other good actions. Now ragnarok is created to play in team, group or whateva you named it. So don't try to be pro with hardcore ownz character, couse life correct your "pro status" so fast. You are dying by guardians. About buffing to the guardians. Since ragnarok had only second classes, you were able to do that, so there is no point to fix that. Stfu and learn to play - if you know what i mean.
I believe your talking about WoE guardians… they are a joke… “l2p” was wrongly stated. Or, get on a paladin and go solo thor guardians consistently… cause that was pretty much what we were pitting against.
rephikul wrote:The problem with the guardian is due to the QUALITY of the woe players, not the quantity of it, and thus nothing need to be changed.
I find this statement asinine, the problem is in fact the quanity not entirely the quality… 3 geared people vs. 5-10 geared/semi-geared people + guardians… hell without the guardians make this almost impossible… why add the salt to the wounds
rephikul wrote:Qem play how he want to play with some adaption as he see fit. The rest of us respect his opinion and support him to the best of our abilities. It's called being mature and understanding. Maybe that's why we remain big when you are in a cough3manwoeguildcough without any alliances.
Hmmm, through the posts Qem has made, I’ve gained some respect for him as an opponent. Yet, this isn’t about his position, status, strategies or your ability to follow them. You’re a big guild, (in comparison to current population) and don’t say things you don’t know… Celestial Being, Smile when you pew pew, and eclipse were actually alliance during the last WoE where the concern arose. Our attacks weren’t entirely sync’d and that may have been a problem to.
aphex wrote:You didn't want to break the barricade then what were you doing in the castle? Go PvP if you want to raise yourpenis kill count. Your flawed way of thinking is just ridiculous. And btw each guardian takes 5min to spawn, in that 5min time you can kill about 10 of them... but no, you just HAVE to kill player.
(On a side note… I love to PvP favorite part of RO, WoE seems to be the only form in which people on this server actually participate. I’ve personally sat in PvP rooms waiting on people to come and join. I recall one time I asked if anyone would like to join me in the rooms in @main chat and someone responded with (not exact quote) “Lol, who are you asking the only 20 people on?”)
Koma wrote:WoE Guardians - Currently with this population, it should be more or less player vs player. Either defense investment needs to be limited or eliminated. I agree with both sides of the coin as argued here over the past few days in that Guardians *are* a part of WoE and nothing is different on this server regarding them, however, is it really necessary if players will rarely ever get to compete with each other otherwise?
I simpily agree with Koma entirely.

In, summary, the problem isn't the number of players or the guardians... rather when put together, lack of players and abundance of guardians our problem arises... I believe it is an issue that needs to be addressed, at least temporarily. This server has huge potential and when the population finally rises putting the guardians back in/full strength, so we have full WoE:SE experience.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Defense investment is now disabled for WoE:SE.

As I had talked with tired about, this was an SE issue and SE alone due to the different guardians from FE. SE guardians are similar to Thor Volcano guardians, and are actually quite powerful especially with investment. We'll see how this adjustment goes though.