Lower Headgear & Synthesis NPC.

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Lower Headgear & Synthesis NPC.

Post by Haelstrom »

My apologies if I'm missing the ability to do this already, but I was looking over the NPC "Yamaha Synthesis" and noticed in the first message, he only mixes top headgear.

I was curious if mixing middle and/or lower headgear was a possibility, or if it'd be considered for in the future. There's only a few examples in lower where it'd be useful, but I'd love my Red Assassin Mask to have a Gangster Mask's bonus, for example.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Lower Headgear & Synthesis NPC.

Post by Peroxide »

Neat idea. /!
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

We've been talking about this with a few people asking about it, but since no topic has been visibly present (unless you do a bit of digging), it's hard to know. Lower and mid headgears will be synthesizable soon, but we're considering the options regarding the DEF limitations.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Well, that's great to hear!

[Just my opinions,] I think that certain headgear would make sense to keep the defense rating, i.e. the Iron Cain whom's sole purpose is to add +1 physical defense, but that if push came to shove, I know I'd gladly sacrifice defense overall for general synthesis.
Clover
Poring
Poring

Post by Clover »

In some cases like putting a red blinker synthesed with Binos on a wizard, giving him the 1 dex, can be unbalanced. Or you could make it so the job limit remains.

But even thought, that's a nice idea.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Clover wrote:Or you could make it so the job limit remains.
This. While I don't believe 1 Dex is going to make a monstrous difference in the scenario painted, given Dex reduction of cast time goes by this formula:
Cast time = Base time * (1 - DEX/150) * (1 - 0.15 * SUF) * (1 - x * 0.01)
So 1 Dex would in an ideal scenario decrease your cast time by 0.66(repeating)% or AKA barely over 1/2 just 1 singular percent. A boost? Yes, game breaking in the slightest or even noticeable by the majority of players? Highly doubtful. 150 DEX then, would equal 100%; if someone was already at 149 DEX, they'd already have hellacious cast time, that minor a boost wouldn't be hugely relevant. Namely because cast time reduction by dex doesn't operate in a multiplier (i.e. like other stats for boosts in certain areas in multiples of 10, like STR and attack) - 5 dex goes by the same formula above as 20 dex, as 47 dex, as 116 dex.

All the same, retaining class limitations sounds like the ticket regardless.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Odd, I had thought I had addressed the issue about job-specific headgears but maybe I removed it from my original post.

We could make them still synthesizable, but change the codings for those hats to limit them to certain jobs yes. Rather than relying on the "can equip" tags, we'd simply change the item script to "if basejob=acolyte"-like scripting instead. Although, there is a possibility that this can add some confusion for players if we don't outline it properly.
Clover
Poring
Poring

Post by Clover »

The thing with Binos is that they are made originally for archer classes, thus giving the possibility to equip them on other classes is wrong.

And there is a difference in 149 and insta cast.

Btw, the same thing can be found with upper headgears: making lets say the Dark Bacilium[1] equipable for any class can unbalance things.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

A negligible difference, but again, I specifically stated I felt class-specific gear should remain class-specific. Merely that mid/lower cross-class headgear [right now mind you] would do far less than you think.

As for player confusion on specific scripts, I'd say a simple reminder on the NPC would do- something such as,

"Be careful - if the non-custom headgear can't be equipped by you now due to class, it can't be equipped afterward either!"
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Clover wrote:The thing with Binos is that they are made originally for archer classes, thus giving the possibility to equip them on other classes is wrong.

And there is a difference in 149 and insta cast.

Btw, the same thing can be found with upper headgears: making lets say the Dark Bacilium[1] equipable for any class can unbalance things.
As far as the binos go, that's what the consideration was for this. If they're still equippable, the stat bonus will only apply to the correct class. We need a list of all of the headgears that function like this though in order to begin working on it.

As far as DEF goes, I've been talking with someone else in PMs about it and it may be possible to just slot a custom item into slot #3 on the item which pulls the DEF value from the compounded headgear and does a "bonus bDef,#". This should bring the synthesized items into a 1:1 setting. Also, we may need to lock down the refineable settings for the custom headgears -- meaning that they will always only take what gets synthesized into them. Right now, any unrefinable headgear that's synthed is upgradable I believe.

EDIT: The balancing will come in soon, but this is basically approved.