(+) [Mirror Suggestion.]

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

(+) [Mirror Suggestion.]

Post by Haelstrom »

I am justice. It is true because I am me. Ergo, I propose simply because I can, a mirror. Current download methods of Amistr are perfectly fine, but if nothing else, this would save me time in the future were something to happen to my RO installation - so I figure I'll offer it here.

I'll keep it updated regularly; don't be concerned about file-size (I've plenty of space on my host) nor bandwidth (more terabytes of monthly bandwidth than I have reasonable use for). I understand there'll be a new client soon amongst other things, so for every update, I'll try to get it updated same day. Perhaps I could use this very thread to keep track of these upload days, but that's if approved of course.

[Last Update]: October 31st, 2009.

[Includes]:
  • AmistrRO in its entirety, updated as of the last mentioned date.
  • Multi-client courtesy of Avelon.
  • tmp_emblems pre-made and an Emblems folder simply to save time.
  • ROExt already in place.
The download would be 1.17 GB in total, and should have 99.999379997799a999qaa99aaq99a99BarbeuQQ% up-time. Given it really won't be taxing on me at all and that this is my main server to play on, I see no reason why I would remove it in the future, but were something to occur, it would of course be brought up.

[Download]: http://haelstrom.net/uploads/AmistrRO.rar" TARGET="_blank

That's roughly it. I'll edit with (my) download rate with my ISP being Comcast.

[Said Edit]: Around 500-600 KB at lowest, over 1.0 MB/s highest myself. Mileage will vary on your end of course, but you should get pretty decent speeds.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Re: [Mirror Suggestion.]

Post by Peroxide »

You need to close your folders, btw. So nosy people like me don't look at your resume. /$
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Hm. I 'spose. I've always been under the impression if someone wanted to stalk me, they'd be-

A. Sorely disappointed if they're of the stereotypical pedophile nature,
B. Stabbed in their sexual organ of preference,

But I suppose the security risk isn't wise. Appreciate the tip.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Thanks for the mirror. Another GM will add it to the download page shortly.

There is also one additional mirror which is actually hidden. Besides the full client installation link, if you modify that to the same format as the small client, you can actually download the full client directly from our web-server. We don't advertise this one much though as it is meant as a LAST last resort solution.

Chances are though that we'll remove Ragray soon enough since it's actually where a good deal of our errors are coming from these days.

Please also note that there may be a new installer/client update shortly. As I'll need to purge the current GRF of some holiday files (in which NeonCube handles it well.. but in a quite convoluted way..), this alternative will also come into play.