Battlegrounds Question

Questions that already have answers.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Battlegrounds Question

Post by Resolve »

Is it okay to multiclient to bypass the 10-man requirement to start battlegrounds? Because I have seen celestial being has been doin that for the past few days and I am talking to my guildies if we can do it too.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: Battlegrounds Question

Post by Haelstrom »

We've had numerous people in BGs besides merely multi-clients. In fact, we also attempted to ask some other guilds entering if they'd join in so we could work out who'd be on what side, except they usually either ignored us, or if we asked if they could join the next round since we already had a rotation going, told us "no" and t-bagged us amongst other things. Of note in terms of those showing, was Resbak and a few members of Touch My Birdie, as well as members of a guild with a red & white emblem that I saw briefly enter and then leave. Still, when we tried explaining the above and/or seeing if we could set something up, the individual in question would always either 100% ignore us or leave. "the Pig" comes to mind, I asked him if he could participate the next round instead since someone was leaving. He instead turned about face without a word, left my BG side, and entered the other side hoping to take a spot. That, or the individuals would say absolutely nothing and just stand there, (I'm presuming) screenshotting and giggling.

Ergo, (last night) we stopped checking chat. Note we're not required to start a BG if we don't wish to, and we really didn't particularly want to BG with folk who couldn't take the time to type all of 5 seconds and/or be cordial.

We've done it twice, once for about half an hour two days ago, and then a good chunk of mid-day yesterday.

Furthermore, given battleground medals are character-bound and that several of the characters were main clients (myself, Erridon, Noval, Aztecha, Beatrix, Sythis, a few new guildies, a few others still..), I hardly see the issue. I've seen multi-client BG'ing already (hate to say it, EOS comes to mind a few nights back..)

To top it, we've the numbers for a 10v10, but when a few sign off or more and we replace them with multi-clients, what does that change in terms of BG mechanics? We gear the same characters at the same rate with the same possibilities, except MC'ers suffers horrendous lag every time they are warped in/out of the BG. =P

I really would hope this isn't a thinly veiled attempt to try and find a means of getting Celestial Being in trouble merely because your guild couldn't take the time to contact one of us and inquire about BG'ing properly, because that'd be rather depressing and would reflect poorly on your guild.

If this is not the case, though I highly doubt this is a well-meaning question, I hope this post addresses your question for you, unless there's further input to be had.

Incidentally, given your guild is Resbak, might I suggest next time that you guys actually try talking to us instead of sending 1-2 people in either insulting us or spamming "let me in plssssss" "Plsssss" "Plssss" when we already have the next 10v10 set? You being leader, you may also want to check some of your guild's conduct - we were rather tickled by the guy's alt from Resbak who looted our whole guild storage of trash. All the best.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

i apologise for how some of the members acted. can you please gimme their names so I can scold them.

Afaik, Multi-ing in BG was outlawed on server launch as per Koma's decree, which I thought was just my imagination except that smirnof, one of those who were with me since day 1, thought so too. I was wondering if it has been lifted or something.

You see, when my guild and I are online (i.e. asian daytime), the only GM who's on is Velvet, and we normally cant ask her anything because she doesnt talk. We waited and waited for another GM to go online, but to no avail, so where else would we ask? Here.

If you think you aint doin anything wrong, you dont have to be defensive about it. Its an honest-to-goodness question, worded in an honest-to-goodness way.

If you would just recall what happened to another guild who did the hugel bingo, you would know what I mean.

Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I wasn't sure if you were being sarcastic in this whole thread or being well-intended; if it is the latter, you've my apologies. I won't point out the (two) individuals, but let's just say it's an Assassin Cross and a Lord Knight and leave it at that. =P

The rest of my points still stand. Glad you're a reasonable sort though, like I said - I doubt we'd mind BG'ing with you guys now and again once we're not in the gear-up phase, since we're on all times of the day.

I'll also be interested in clarifications on this matter, because I can name 3 guilds off-hand that've done this in far larger numbers (i.e. they already have all their BG gear). Not to mention, again, there's no difference between MC'ing and not in-guild.

I.E..

Let's pretend there was a 2v2 BG.

One side's:

Haelstrom
Noval

Other's:

Guildie 1
Guildie 2

If Noval left and I MC'D him, it would change nothing because the same character is getting the same content at the same rate regardless.

Furthermore, I'll testify it is nearly impossible to MC Flavius in a prompt manner. XD It's a horrendous disadvantage there.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

i am open to that idea its just that i dont wanna be foiled after i did everything. you see there was a guild a few mos ago who i think did something like that altho in a different "event" in the game and all their stuff were wiped out. i would wantthat to happen to me after spending hours and hours.

Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Understandable. The difference is, our guild's (mostly) not like that. We don't buckle and fold just because of one mishap like that, time consuming as it is. Still, I'd hardly see it as a legitimate reason for deletion considering the above brought-up points.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

more importantly, where is the admin?!

Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

They've got things to do man. =P We'll get responses soon enough, although I truly believe there should be a dedicated forum moderator. If nothing else, for the occasional spam-bot.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Regarding this issue, I had originally stated to Rephikul -- around the time when players were first inquiring about Battlegrounds -- that multiclients weren't really permitted in this case, but an official rule was never set. If a rule is necessary, we will look into it, but one possible alternative is making it more annoying/stressful to multiclient Battlegrounds to begin with.

We could issue methods of validation and such to prevent it (only for those with like IPs so it doesn't disturb most normal players), and while this is a hassle for players playing under the same IP, it may be a neccessary evil. It's true that the medals should be character-bound, however, the same may not be true of the rewards.

I repeat though that no official rule was ever outlined for Battlegrounds since, at the time, it was not necessarily required in the past.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Koma wrote: It's true that the medals should be character-bound, however, the same may not be true of the rewards.
Rewards are character bound too (save food which I have not tried.) Again for reasons above, I see absolutely no reason why multi-clienting should be discouraged given it does nothing different in this scenario from the original player being on the character, i.e. there's no real advantage. In fact, again, in Flavius, it's a distinct disadvantage. MC's are completely useless there, you have to basically Leeroy Jenkins with Asura Champs which is unruly.

KVM is the only area I could see this actually being exploited, as someone could very easily MC 10 clients and have 5 @die - but that's nothing a regular sized guild couldn't do themselves not to mention, there are no redeemable rewards regardless currently. That's not a fault of MC'ing, that's poor design structure of that particular BG. =P It'll be difficult to make that BG truly dedicated to its purpose (5 people kill 5 people), multi-clienting or no, regardless. Perhaps if somehow and someway, commands/chat could be disabled entirely in that map..

Making MC'ing more difficult in BG's the way you outlined furthermore, would simply as you stated, make it more annoying/stressful - not limit individuals from MC BG'ing. If someone wanted to do it bad enough, they would still and would simply adjust to your limitations - not to mention you're not considering multi-boxing which would completely negate the difficulties I believe you have in mind.

Full MC'ing should always be discouraged (though even I cannot MC 20 accounts at once without my computer flipping me off and BSoD'ing), but to inhibit partial MC'ing seems both pointless, and demonstrating a lack of understanding in how MC'ing affects BGs currently.

This isn't like someone making 10 or so multi-clients and harvesting a stationary event. /drool