[Frost Nova.]

Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

[Frost Nova.]

Post by Haelstrom »

Gotta do this.

In the Hocus Pocus event, I've seen Frost Nova be labeled Offensive / Defensive some odd 7x. THIS MUST BE CLARIFIED.

Sightless Mind is offensive. It is a self-cell targeted AoE. 3x3 around caster.

Magnum Break is offensive. It is a self-cell targeted AoE. 5x5 around the caster.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page= ... rch=Search" TARGET="_blank

Frost Nova is considered defensive here, yet it is a self-targeted AoE that does 5x5 cell frost damage. It in fact is labeled on RMS as Offensive, which while not speaking for itself, gives a pretty good indication what it is commonly viewed as.

Why then, is it still being switched back and forth on Defensive/Offensive? Jekyll stated in today's event he considered it defensive - when it follows the same basic mechanics as those other skills (namely: self-targeted AoE damage.)

What makes Sightless Mind and Magnum Break so different that they are labeled offensive while Frost Nova is defensive, and what are your takes on it? It's not a huge deal, but like in today's event, I saw FN cast 3x and Sightless Mind 2x, and what classification they are can change who wins an event. It'd be awesome to be fully clarified with the rational as to why.

It makes little sense as is, and I was Mario today.

/gg appreciation mode.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Frost Nova.]

Post by Koma »

Pretty much if it's stated as such in the event rules list, it is what it is.

Considering that Hocus Pocus is more of a "Russian Roulette"-type event game, the only real point is that if its marked as "out", it is out. HOWEVER, I have had some issues with the way these are labeled as well. It is true that it offsets the probability if skills are considered either offensive or defensive.

The point you're making is very valid though. Usually, it was only skills that had a true "target" when you clicked that were understood as offensive skills if I'm remembering correctly from when this event originated. I'll throw this over to Kiana or Jekyll for clarification though.

EDIT: Moved this to the Event Suggestions forum as this applies more to that area.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: [Frost Nova.]

Post by Haelstrom »

Koma wrote:Usually, it was only skills that had a true "target" when you clicked that were understood as offensive skills if I'm remembering correctly from when this event originated.

EDIT: Moved this to the Event Suggestions forum as this applies more to that area.
Thank you for the move - and I bloody knew it. I could've sworn when I first joined, that was the case. Then one day, I saw Sightless Mind considered offensive (certainly no target), and on the confusion went.

It's simply a lack of consistency I feel should be corrected; if for example, someone considered Heal defensive, yet considered Resurrect offensive because it could harm Undead property, the conflict there would be rather confusing because they both follow the same basic principle in that regard.

Appreciate the consideration.