Pretty Cool Hat Guy... but -

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Pretty Cool Hat Guy... but -

Post by Peroxide »

Koma wrote:There is a way to make synthesizable hats work with it, but it may leave a few open holes in the source-side if not done correctly. We could move forward and simply implement the changer for the non-synthesized hats for now though.
I think that would be cool. I don't think one is necessary for synthesized gears, personally... because if you're willing to synthesize something into your custom hat, you must already be happy with it, right?

Other's might disagree though. /dum
Deathvader
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Deathvader »

+1 i would love to have Helm Of darkness
quit
Midnight
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Midnight »

I would love to see some hats.

1. Freya's Crown, this is official so I am not sure if it would go in the hat man. Image
2. Another is Black Glasses or/and Red Glasses.
ImageImage
3. Beer Hat would be just a blast, but most servers lack it so. Image
4. Chick hat and/or Chicken hat (the adult version *NEW*) ImageImage
5. Crown Parrots Image
6. Pirate's Dagger Image
7. Pleaseeeeee! EVIL SNAKE LORD HAT [1] That is the one I want the most! Image
8. Gentleman's Pipe, Yet I doubt they will do that. Image
9. Helm of Abyss, Its unique design and coloring makes it stand out. Image
10. Legionnaire Hat, Just like nine it too stands out.
11. Linguistic Book Hat Image
13. Snake Head Hat Image
14. Sweet Candy Image
15. Tiraya Bonnet Image

I chose these hats because they are different, You don't see some often, some not at all. The ones I favor more are in bold. Ones in italic are my second that I favor. I know I listed alot but it gives some leanway. <3 Evil Snake Lord is one I am dieing to see in the hat man.
dudek18
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dudek18 »

+1

i agree more variety in hats and colors makes it all the more sweet
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Thank you all for the awesome ideas, im working on a new variety of hats for the hat dude.:)
Junko
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Junko »

Also, certain hats that were rewards for certain events shouldn't be obtainable through the NPC. :S Just imho.
Angel Of Mystic`
Poring
Poring

Post by Angel Of Mystic` »

I just want to add something to this thread. In my previous private server, the hat maker NPC would basically let you select a custom headgear that you are interested in. After selecting the headgr, he/she will ask if you would want to try it on to know what it would look like. Selecting "Yes" will make the custom headgr equip onto your character (If the player quits the NPC chat, the sample custom will disappear). The NPC will then have an option of "Make it", "Nevermind", or "Cancel". If the player selected "Make it", the NPC will list the item requirements for the custom hat quest. If answered, "Nevermind", the hat NPC will bring you back to the list of custom headgrs. And lastly, "Cancel" means to quit the chat.

I support this because this is one way to not make the wrong headgr or at least won't let players produce a custom that they ended up not liking. Some people are too lazy to log onto their internet and search for the images. So yeah... since the GMs are going to implement more custom headgr, What do you think?
-------------------
Angel Of Mystic` ---High Priest --- Motto: "Free Buffs!" :3
Yhina ---Dancer --- Motto: "Item hunter" ^-^
.Angel Of Mystic. ---Hunter --- Motto: "I love my Falcon<3"
Knight --- (Still working on it.)
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I think this is a good idea as it makes it easier, but the one exception to this is that the changelook method has a tendency to be exploited via recall methods or @refresh (which is enabled here). If you can think of a good way to prevent this kind of circumvention, let me know, as I'm just trying to find holes at the moment to any ideas --even if I support them. A special map has worked for some cases (such as disguise NPCs) and that could be an alternative to fixing that issue as well.

The current alternative to allow players to see how things would look on their characters is via the test-server (Wool), but I understand that that can also be a hassle for players too.
Othello
Poring
Poring

Custom Hat color changing

Post by Othello »

Would it be possible to implement a way to allow players to change the color of their custom made headgear? I made a custom Headgear and ended up not liking the color but really do not want to spend more hours to farm all the stuff for another one(Soft silk is a pain to farm). I don't care if there is a cost, I have all the dyes for the color I want. It would just save me hours of refarming to make the same hat in a different color.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Custom Hat color changing

Post by Kiana »

This has been discussed in a previous thread, viewtopic.php?f=11&t=650
And were looking into the options that are possible regarding it.

EDIT by Koma: Merged topics. This is practically approved but we'll see how to implement it.