Event Suggestions from PD!!!

PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Event Suggestions from PD!!!

Post by PerfectDeath »

Alright, since I don't see any of em posted here or done before I'll use this topic to bring up some Event ideas I've either come up with or have done from my Event GM experience!

Crack the Chat!

GMs:
One GM min

Duration:
5 sec to 60 min... depends on the difficulty!

Description:
A GM creates a locked chat room, the first player to enter the chat room wins. The password is hinted to through two methods. The first is the chat room's title; while it is not necessary, it helps by being the first tip. The title could be a monster name and the password could be it's ID# or the monster's element. The second is done as the event progresses along, the GM does a local announcement for the hint, allowing a more descriptive hint; be language friendly! As the event progresses more hints can be revealed , try not to give it away too much unless the event drags on too long.

Reception
- Players had a love-hate relation with this event, they loved it only cause it was "fair", you could not really cheat unless the GM was leaking info. Though players with english as a 2nd language found the events more difficult.
- I was notorious for forcing players to alt-tab all over the internet to figure out my complex encoding process... They did enjoy the challange; however, I'd then give them a piece of junk as reward! =P I was told to keep it RO-focused... ='[

GM Tips:
- First, passwords are quite picky. I can't remember the specifics anymore; however, there is a min and a max limit to the passwords. I think there are also some CAPs and other pain in the butt limits. To avoid problems do some practice runs with many different types of passwords.
- Have a legit character either from another GM or a double client to test the password asap... I've often spelled the damn password wrong =P Found out 20 mins later! xD
- Scale the difficulty of the question based on the reward, you could give minor loot for easy chats etc. Just be sure not to attempt a "difficult password" too soon without much experience with making the passwords. Quite often players figure out patterns rather quick, you gotta out think the crafty b'stards! /bzz This takes practice =D
- Difficult passwords should have multiple "encoding" methods, If you want me to explain just ask, its actually pretty simple for the GM! Totally f'cks up the participants though >=D

Exploits/Abuses:
- It is very hard to exploit or abuse this event, its all about getting the correct password. Try not to have someone else participate in creating the event, just in case they leak information... it happens.
- All tips should be explained in /lb so all participants can hear, use PMs only to determine how stumped players are. No favoring!

Examples:
Reply if you want me to post examples of Chats with passwords and encoding process!

Anyway, I decided to do this topic while my hair dried =D
Bed time, look forward to more!
CheckPoint: "Die Fould Creature"
Healstrom: "What makes you think its foul?"
CheckPoint: "Its Black."
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Re: Event Suggestions from PD!!!

Post by PiraNja »

I greatly support this ;O

I sucked hard at that type of Event, but I absolutely loved the frantic googling and searching, hoping no one else would get it faster.
PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Post by PerfectDeath »

Yea, I needed to do two things:
- Make the password easier!
- Do more chats. I would often do 5, which would take up to an hour xD I should have done 10 in 30min or something instead.
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

gawd. I loved your crack the chat events. I forget what other ones you did though.
PerfectDeath
Drops
Drops

Post by PerfectDeath »

Well, I did a lot of supervision of other GM events, but aside from that I just terrorized PvP!! I got very few complaints when I came into PvP with my GM character, people loved it when I did lvl 100 Bard & Dancer skills =P

I did a sort of dice event, but it wasn't meant to be done with large numbers of players like the Amistr dice event; however, it had more depth too it.