(+) Enable Flywings in Yuno/Lighthalzen/Einbroch/etc.

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

(+) Enable Flywings in Yuno/Lighthalzen/Einbroch/etc.

Post by PiraNja »

As far as I understood, flywings are disabled in towns with Airships since this would mean that on legit servers or servers without warpers, it would make it possible to cheat your way onto an Airship and in the case of Lighthalzen the slums.

I would believe it's safe to say that Airships really aren't used on this server and thus fly-winging in those areas may as well be allowed?

Maybe... eventually?
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Re: Enable Flywings in Yuno/Lighthalzen/Einbroch/etc.

Post by Phaiyte »

fly winging in Lighthalzen can also be abused to go through a few quests way faster than they're meant to be.
On top of which, if you're actually doing one of these and this action is performed,
your client will be thrown into an infinite loop and crash.

It can be fixed by using the control panel,
but it's still a no-go in my eyes.
Same with Yuno.

It'll be ok if they're not enabled.
I personally don't like anything to be sugar coated
or changed in general in this game.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Celica
Drops
Drops

Post by Celica »

its nice to walk every so often- only 3 or 4 maps ppl rarely go to anyways.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This is approved at one price: Fly Wings/Teleport skills will not be able to teleport you to some parts of the towns in those select cities. Also ONLY Fly Wings, as far as items go, will support this -- unless someone wants to go through the effort of finding out all of the other Wing items that are similar.

I'm hoping this makes it into this week's maintenance, but it may not, as I'm also taking into consideration Teleport skills in order to make this revision.

EDIT: I've decided to just enable teleportation completely in Lighthalzen, Yuno, and Einbroch. Why? There's really no purpose, since you could always just warp to Biolabs and walk right out too so either way, things will still happen.