Coma.. Doesn't Work- Maybe?

Got a Question? Ask it. ( does not include comments and suggestions)
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Coma.. Doesn't Work- Maybe?

Post by Sharpism »

We'll I spent time doing a build based around using coma; High Dex, High Agi, 185 Aspd. Attempted to use a LOD card for 15 minutes strait of attacking, no Coma.
I then switched to a Ledger of Death (10% Coma on Demi Human) and then went on using that for a good 10 minutes.

I figure that 10 hits is 10 chances of doing Coma, which is a 1% chance for 10 hits, I was hitting at 180 ASPD which is 3.5 Hits/Second;

Code: Select all

10 [Minutes] x 60[Seconds]
600 [Seconds] x 3.5 [Hits/Second]
21,000 [Hits/10 Minutes]
if
10 Hits = 1% Chance of Coma
then
21,000 Hits should be 2,100 coma.
Even if my math was wrong. [Which I don't see how it would be..]
It would be 210 coma's.. I fail to see why it didn't even work once.. o___O;
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Coma.. Doesn't Work- Maybe?

Post by GDRAGON »

Although it says 10% in the item description, it's not actually 10%.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This one is an issue that I discussed with another server admin at one point in the past long long ago. It may be a legitimate bug depending on which side you're on.

It may possibly stem from the AEGIS -> eAthena database value conversion as the value used in the database is direct from what AEGIS leaks say it is (which could also be incorrect since AEGIS leaks are modified by the people who leak them or are derived from descriptions or eAthena even).

The script itself states this portion: bonus2 bWeaponComaRace,RC_DemiHuman,10;

eAthena documentation states this:
bonus2 bWeaponComaRace,x,y; y/100% chance to cause Coma when attacking a monster of race x with a normal attack
0=Formless, 1=Undead, 2=Brute, 3=Plant, 4=Insect,
5=Fish, 6=Demon, 7=Demi-Human, 8=Angel, 9=Dragon,
10=Boss monster, 11=Other than (normal monster) boss monster
However, 10/100=.1% if you read that.

Some servers say that the descriptions released and even the RMS descriptions are wrong for saying 10%, considering that other sources say that it should be 1%.

On top of this all, eAthena's coding explains how that 10 is read:
pc.c - bonus2
case SP_WEAPON_COMA_RACE:
if(sd->state.lr_flag == 2)
break;
sd->weapon_coma_race[type2] += val; <- Place 10 from the script here.
sd->special_state.bonus_coma = 1;
break;
skill.c - skill_additional_effect
if( attack_type&BF_WEAPON )
{ // Coma, Breaking Equipment
if( sd && sd->special_state.bonus_coma )
{
rate = sd->weapon_coma_ele[tstatus->def_ele];
rate += sd->weapon_coma_race[tstatus->race];
rate += sd->weapon_coma_race[tstatus->mode&MD_BOSS?RC_BOSS:RC_NONBOSS];
if (rate)
status_change_start(bl, SC_COMA, rate, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0); <- That 10 continues here.
}
status.c - status_change_start
/*==========================================
* Starts a status change.
* 'type' = type, 'val1~4' depend on the type.
* 'rate' = base success rate. 10000 = 100% <- 10 = .1%
* 'tick' is base duration
* 'flag':
* &1: Cannot be avoided (it has to start)
* &2: Tick should not be reduced (by vit, luk, lv, etc)
* &4: sc_data loaded, no value has to be altered.
* &8: rate should not be reduced
*------------------------------------------*/
int status_change_start(struct block_list* bl,enum sc_type type,int rate,int val1,int val2,int val3,int val4,int tick,int flag)
Additional eAthena updates also point to the understanding that eAthena is marking it as .1%. If you take a look at http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/eathen ... tem_db.txt, you will see that shadow, while he updated the wrong value, intended to change it from .5% to 5%. He did this by changing the database value from 50 to 500.

Other discussion on eAthena's own SVN show issues with it in general:
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/eathen ... tem_db.txt
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/eathen ... tem_db.txt
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Ok even regardless, lets look at the LOD card then. LOD (.1% Coma)
[10 Hits x .1% Coma] is 1% Coma

15 [Minutes] x 60[Seconds]
900 [Seconds] x 3.5 [Hits/Second]
3,100 [Hits/10 Minutes]
if
10 Hits = 1% Chance of Coma
then
3,100 Hits should be 31 coma.
This means that Coma should hit 2.1 times PER minute.

I've played on other servers using the same build and NEVER have I had LOD cards coma not work. I was just curious in the aspect that neither the LOD Coma effect worked, or the effect from the book worked.

Just based on RO experience a 10% Coma chance should NEVER be present as that is way to abusive, however not many people complain about LOD's Coma as it is a .1% chance. I just want the coma effect to work, and either way; whilst using the Coma Book or LOD Card at a .1% chance should have worked 2.1x PER minute, each time.
Last edited by Sharpism on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

I'm afraid you don't understand percentage chance, would be what it boils down to.

If, for example, we flipped a coin - heads on one side, tails on the other, we have a 50% chance of it being heads, a 50% chance of it being tails. However, that does not mean flipping it twice guarantees us 1 head, 1 tail - nor does it guarantee that 100 flips will get us 50 of each. Why? Because that percentage is per application, not a chunk of some greater whole.

Theoretically, you could do 26,000 hits and not Coma even once, although that'd be horrendously bad luck. Likewise, you could do the same and Coma every single time, which would be astronomically good luck - but you're getting my point, I'm sure.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Haelstrom wrote:I'm afraid you don't understand percentage chance, would be what it boils down to.

If, for example, we flipped a coin - heads on one side, tails on the other, we have a 50% chance of it being heads, a 50% chance of it being tails. However, that does not mean flipping it twice guarantees us 1 head, 1 tail - nor does it guarantee that 100 flips will get us 50 of each. Why? Because that percentage is per application, not a chunk of some greater whole.

Theoretically, you could do 26,000 hits and not Coma even once, although that'd be horrendously bad luck. Likewise, you could do the same and Coma every single time, which would be astronomically good luck - but you're getting my point, I'm sure.
No I know exactly how it works, the percentages don't stack up; however I used this as theoretical proof, which is why I said that coma isn't working maybe. However I'm sure if I sat there Duel Clienting and did a video the chances are; I still wouldn't get a coma. Considering I've tried of doing 2 instances of "Casting" coma on someone else, and NEITHER worked lead me to believe that the "casting" of coma isn't actually working.

However there is a reason why it is a Percentage, so to be realistic it should hit ONCE every 1000 hits. The point is, is that it didn't in a large amount of hits and that is what causes me concern. Once I get home I'll further test for another hour or so to confirm my theory. :]
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

Just to clarify... LOD card DOES NOT give a 0.1%, nor does Ledger give a 10% coma chance.

LOD - 0.01%
Ledger - 0.1%
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

GDRAGON wrote:Just to clarify... LOD card DOES NOT give a 0.1%, nor does Ledger give a 10% coma chance.

LOD - 0.01%
Ledger - 0.1%
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname ... rch=Search
Even coded;

bonus2 bWeaponComaRace,RC_NonBoss,1;
thats .1%

As I said I've used the EXACT same build on other servers and on official iRO basing a build around the coma effects of LOD Card.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Alright, time for this again.
Add a 0.1% chance of auto casting 'Coma' on an enemy.
Add a 5% chance of auto casting Stun, Curse, Silence, Poison, External Bleeding on the enemy when attacking.

Item Script { bonus3 bAddEff,Eff_Stun,500,ATF_SHORT; bonus3 bAddEff,Eff_Curse,500,ATF_SHORT; bonus3 bAddEff,Eff_Silence,500,ATF_SHORT; bonus3 bAddEff,Eff_Poison,500,ATF_SHORT; bonus3 bAddEff,Eff_Bleeding,500,ATF_SHORT; bonus2 bWeaponComaRace,RC_NonBoss,1; },
Description is wrong somewhere. Why?

If 500 = 5%, and 1 = 0.1%.. seeing the issue? No?

1 = 0.1. So then 10 would have to equal 1. 100 would need to equal 10, so 500 would need to equal 50, meaning it gives a 50% chance of stunning, cursing, silence, etc.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=item_db&comid=41

Garm Card would then need to give us a magical 500% chance of freezing enemies.

Clearly, description problem, 1 = 0.01.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Yes however on iRO it's .1% chance so; it really depends on the revision of RO and of eAthena that this is based off of, because all the revisions have changed that since a specific point from a .1% chance and then to a .01% chance. However it remains the same on iRO..? eAthena revisions are supposed to stay true to the ORIGINAL game and since this is a huge change is numbers it totally destroys Realistic coma builds.

In reality I just want to know the cards script based on this revision; whether the script is posted or even better yet the revision number so I don't create builds like this that WILL NOT work.

And now it irks me that eA has done that to a card. :/ .01% is way to low for Coma Effect to even be PUT into the card itself, especially since it's from a MVP. Especially considering that there are what.. 5 other Effects that can be used on someone else at 5% each that is a 25% chance of at least ONE status effect casting per hit.

Lastly on IRO: Silence was never part of the card itself, so perhaps they added Silence and dropped the rate of Coma..? Regardless it doesn't make sense.

Coma is stopable by GTB.
GTB is a Miniboss
Miniboss are easier to kill and appear more.
Thus GTB is easier to get then a LOD
and now that LOD is a .01% chance it's pretty useless for coma builds. O__o; To me it's just odd.. xD;

And I was pretty sure the lowest a eA item code could do an item for was .1% an nothing lower so the easiest number someone could put would be a 1, which in return would be a .1% and not a .01%
Been a while since I actually did coding so I don't remember 100% but that is what I can recall.