Coma.. Doesn't Work- Maybe?

Got a Question? Ask it. ( does not include comments and suggestions)
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Coma.. Doesn't Work- Maybe?

Post by GDRAGON »

Sharpism wrote: And I was pretty sure the lowest a eA item code could do an item for was .1% an nothing lower so the easiest number someone could put would be a 1, which in return would be a .1% and not a .01%
Been a while since I actually did coding so I don't remember 100% but that is what I can recall.
I've also been coding for the last 2 years, lowest was always 0.01%. But either way.. I think the rates of coma would stay like how it currently is.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

It's always been able to go to 0.01 as far as I know, and I've tinkered with eAthena since I was a kid. To answer your question in-game (sorry, I was eating): we're running eAthena SVN revision 14258 as of yesterday.

Now, in regards to Ragnarok logic fallacies, join the club. I still to this day cannot even begin to fathom this weapon.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?iname ... rch=Search

"Roguemaster's Bow" "A weapon created just for Thiefs," literally.

"Roguemaster's Bow"

As for the "It's an MVP, it should be effective" argument: think about it. Alice, Hydra, Thara, Abyssmal Knight, none of which are even mini-bosses, all of which have some of the most effective cards in the game for one reason or another.

Kasa, a Mini-Boss technically, has a card that's useless unless you're.. really.. really into auto-casting bolts. Dracula, an MVP, yields a card that while potentially useful, for a vast majority of circumstances, is truly lol-worthy. Same with Drake card. Frost Joker > Stormy Knight Card..

And I'm just scratching the surface.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

You forgot Osiris card. Anyway, I think core changes should be left to eAthena.

I'll also clarify, GTB is an MVP and not a not mini boss although it is quite easy. But that is hardly important.
/right
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Golden Thief Bug is an actual MVP...
Not a mini-boss.

And building around SPECIFICALLY a .01% chance of Coma is just plain nuts.
That's the exact same chance as trying to get a card on 1x rates.
And hardly any of you actually know how long that takes rofl.
If you want coma just make a clown or gypsy.
Your chances would be at least 100,000x(almost literally) improved.
Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops.

To be the hero is all I'll ask.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Dowe wrote:You forgot Osiris card
Actually, there is one situation where that is just A-OK of a card. But to utilize it effectively, you'd need to:

A. Be in the right PVP environment and/or be around when the TREE OF WoE RESURRECTION MADNESS is released.
B. Be a certain class.
C. Know exactly when you're going to die and swap accessory really, really fast.

Aside from that though, yes, agreed.
Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Even if it is classified as an MVP it isn't on the same level as a LOD to get the card. GTB is a LOT easier to kill, and as I said I've done a LOD staff on iro and it was a .1% as it happened quite often, I highly doubt I got lucky enough to ALWAYS get a coma in 20-30 seconds if it was a .01%

Irregardless it's just stupid how eAthena adds and takes away effects to cards that aren't there in iRO.

I wasn't feeling well enough to do some testing but that still doesn't explain why the book wasn't working after 15 minutes of using it..? Unless I got super unlucky but as I did the math there should have been 31 instances of Coma.

BTW MVP and Miniboss cards tend to be the most useless when it comes to standard builds [excluding a few obviously,] however each of which have builds where they are useful, and I know I don't see a lot of Coma BP's running around on any server I've played on, this could possibly be the reason.. [I've had a large hiatus from Private Servers so a few things are quite odd for me.. xD;;]
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

I would sincerely hope even MvP cards aren't just "LOL 1HITKILLQQ" status.
And waiting 20-30 seconds for a coma is just silly.
You'd be dead yourself in MAYBE 5 tops.

Wouldn't worry about it too much, bra~

Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

If you're a good enough Priest you can live a LONG time. 30 seconds seems like it's a long time but when you're 100% safe from attacks.. It's not. Specially when you can take on a zerked LK or a pally..

And there are a lot of builds that are 1 hit kills. Coma is AT LEAST 2 hit's to kill, 1 hit coma = 1hp next hit is death. It's no different then someone using Asura.. ;/ or a Linked Sinx with SB.
And those are without cards that are still OP. Coma even at .1% is at least a LOW chance and would actually require to live that long as you said.
Last edited by Sharpism on Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phaiyte
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Phaiyte »

Think I'll stick to my Clown if I want to "depend" on Coma.

Sharpism
Drops
Drops

Post by Sharpism »

Phaiyte wrote:Think I'll stick to my Clown if I want to "depend" on Coma.
As I said it's just a variation from a Battle Priest which tend to be pretty useless in WoE to make them actually useful in it, and no you don't just depend on the Coma effect.
I could last a long time against someone by using Pnuma and Safety without Coma, It's just a way to actually kill someone rather then being a waste of skin or going full support.