Missing Def

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
redapple
Drops
Drops

Missing Def

Post by redapple »

I synthensises my I Love China Hat in a Orange Custom Headgear and i was so happy. Cool look with 3dex and 8def all together. But then i look at my Status and see that it just give 3def. The 3 def of the custom Headgear. The de fof I love China is complety missing. Please fix that so the def work right.

thanks alredy gm team :)
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Missing Def

Post by GDRAGON »

I thought custom headgears werent supposed to give any stats.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Just tested on Wool and the custom Love Daddy Hats and Feather Berets do this. Haven't noticed any other custom hats giving def but then again I haven't been looking.. Which custom hat did you use, redapple?
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=597
Yamahan Synthesizer - A new NPC is now available next to the Prontera Tool Shop building. This NPC will take your equipped custom *top* headgear and merge it with an upgraded and carded headgear (if you have cards) of your choice. You will only be able to do this synthesis once per custom headgear -- as this is not yet compatible with the Card Deleter (which would later end up deleting the headgear and card synthesized). For example, if you have an Animated Angeling Hat and a +10 Hat[1] slotted with a Nightmare Card, you would synthesize them into a +10 Animated Angeling Hat with a Hat[1] and Nightmare Card slotted into it. Defense does not carry over, but the hat's "script" does.
Custom Headgear Defense Increased - While this has not yet been reflected in the descriptions, the defense of all custom *top* headgear has been increased to 3 as the synthesized defense does not carry over.
This has been like this since the implementation of synthesis and currently works both ways. Some hats increase to 3DEF when synthesized and others decrease to 3DEF when synthesized. The unsynthesized versions should provide no defense initially until synthesized.

An alternative is already in the works, but is in testing today. Implementation should be tomorrow. I've switched the system to slot in a card which will read the DEF from the synthesized hat and increase it accordingly. We'll see how that goes. If it passes testing today, this will be resolved. And NO, it does not COMBINE DEF -- so if Love China is synthesized, it should only be 5 DEF, NOT 8 DEF.

As far as the responses go, it was a slot INTO an orange custom headgear (any 30000 range headgear) from a non-custom hat (Love China is 5423).

This thread is ultimately not a bug but an as intended issue. The other half regarding changing it to be more proper would really make it into a suggestion -- which was approved at the time of synthesis creation on the server actually. Will be moved to C&S/Approved later on in the day.
redapple
Drops
Drops

Post by redapple »

thanks for ur fast help but the orange feather ebret with i love china hat gives not even 5 def only 3 def thats wrong isnt it ^^?
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

No, thats not what Koma said.

In short: When you synthesize a helm, you lose all of its defense. The new custom hat is upgraded to the same level as the previous helm, and the custom hat's base defense is used instead.

The Love China's defense is ignored. The hat's defense instead comes from the custom hat base defense and upgrades.

This is working exactly how it is intended.
/right
redapple
Drops
Drops

Post by redapple »

what the fcuk? thats sers? so why my +7 fberet in black traveler hat gives 8def?
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

Well, I'm pretty sure that each upgrade point adds roughly about 0.7 defense (rounded up). I'm not 100% on the exact amount, but each upgrade does not equal 1 defense. That means:

+7 adds 4.9 defense (5 defense rounded up).
Together with the 3 base defense of the custom hat that is 8.

Code: Select all

(<Upgrade>*0.7) + (<base Defense>) = Final Defense
(7*0.7) + (3) = Defense
7*0.7 = 4.9 Rounded up = 5
5+3 = 8

Please note, that's Gravity mechanics, not eAthena/Amistr specific. (Although that point could be expanded unnecessarily, please don't).

Edit: Each refinement point adds 0.66 defense.
Source: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Refinement_Syst ... cts_Gained
/right
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This is now corrected.

Synthesized hats now carry over the defense of the hat that's synthesized into it.