Didn't Know DST Time Change

For any First Edition War of Emperium posts.
alvin
Poring
Poring

Didn't Know DST Time Change

Post by alvin »

20th March 2010: WOE Saturday. I have few Points to argue with, which concerns the (6:00 ~ 7:00) Woe Time.

1). The suddenly WOE time changed from 6:00 ~ 7:00 to 5:00 ~ 6:00 (Server Time). GM's knows that Carnage Usually WOE at 6:00 ~ 7:00 and i dont see the reason for changing this. Which has caused chaos for our guild and had no time for a Guild Setup defence.
This WOE time change you(GM) have given the perfect advantage for the other Guild to set up the attack. I'am very *Pissed Off* when i logged in 20mins Left of WOE time and my Castle is taken. However i let this WOE time change to be an exception, but the other point i will giving is a very serious matter.

2). An a very strange happening was occuring during the 20mins i played. The Guild Skill (Urgent Call) was not working for some reason. This has never been a problem for the past 3 weeks i played WOE. It is a very goood timing coinsident that (WOE Time Changed) + the (Urgent Call) Not working.
Untitled.jpg
This was taken 10mins after WOE in GvG Arena (Pancake Arena)
As you can see i have taken i have Taken 5 screen shots which i could not find. (Other 4 SS will be updated soon when i find them)
{ Was taking Screen Shots while spamming the Click botton to The Urgent Call (use).

If no further action is taken. Our Guild is willing to change to another server which is Less Corrupted.>.<

Thank you
Headache : Carnage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Corrupted? Helping WOE?

Post by GDRAGON »

viewtopic.php?f=56&p=6219#p6219 Daylight Savings Time, this was changed last week Sunday. You should've already seen this in your patcher. This is a worldwide change (except for some asian countries). The server is based on EST (Eastern Standard Time), therefore has taken effect of DST on March 14th.

First of all, they cant make it so that Carnage is the only guild without recall. Tempest was recalling, proof that it works.

Second of all, it might be that there's a problem with your client (the exact same problem happened to me last week Saturday Evening WoE, I couldn't recall either). Might have more luck trying after you relog.

Third of all, I'd like to clearly set this out in the open. We, as Tempest are in no relation with Amistr staff (GM) of any sort. I'm pretty sure everyone on staff can vouch for this.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your recalling problem. You guys can have your castle back, we just tried this out for lulz. I'm never going to wake up this early ever again.
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

1)
Just a reminder Daylight Saving Time(DST) starts tomorrow March 14 2010.
Every Spring we move our clocks one hour ahead and "lose" an hour during the night, for example, as the clock turns to 2AM it will become 3AM instead.

How this will affect you is this means all WoE's following this change will take place an hour earlier then you are used to and will continue until the fall for any places that do not use Daylight Saving Time(DST).

Special note: For the European Union, Daylight Saving Time(DST) takes place on March 28th 2010, Most Asian countries do not follow Daylight Saving Time(DST).

<image>

For more information on the topic of Daylight Saving Time(DST), please see the following;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time

http://www.webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b2.html
This message was on the main side, the forums and the patcher when you load Amistr. It effects everyone and you were given warning. The WoE times were not changed, the Server time itself was changed to fit within daylight savings time that many, many countries perform. It's the inconvenience of playing a game over the internet I'm afraid and is somewhat unavoidable :(. If I'm not mistaken, GDRAGON also mentioned that the new WoE time was unsuitable for his guild and that in the future he might not attend it.

If the time is unsuitable, then make a suggestion that the time be changed and a decision will be made based upon all timezones and what would best fit the other two WoE times.

2) Both GDRAGON from Tempest and JOY from Showtime were able to successfully e-call during WoE. It is possible you were suffering a delay from other guild skills. From what I remember, if you use another guild skill or log out it resets the delay and you need to wait another 5 minutes, although I'm not positive on that.

EDIT: You must have been online without logging out for at least 5 minutes before you can e-call. You must also wait 5 minutes after using e-call or any other guild skill before you can use another.
screenWool010.jpg
No doubt you have not noticed this before because you have always had adequate preparation time for WoE, and this time you did not due to the reason above. I myself wasn't sure about this so I tested it on wool and confirmed it. Try waiting 5 minutes before e-calling and if it still does not work, please report it in the bugs section of the forums.

I'm 100% sure that the GMs will be taking this seriously and thoroughly look into it if there are any bugs or issues here, but in my personal opinion I do not see how it is proof of GM corruption or abuse of power. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
/right
Beware
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

most of us dunno the time change!!! activated...

Post by Beware »

we already vote to that time long time ago!! coz its fit for us!! but why they adjust the time wihtout clarifying to us... also that time is 6:00pm here...!! and 6:00pm is a family bonding time doing dinner together!! and that time is not for playing ragnarok!! /...

also some of us have a work...and work ends at 5:pm. also hard for us to do the other woe 3:00am,11am.and 5am that time is not for us!!! and now asian woe is not for pinoy time also!! /dum
Knightmare
Drops
Drops

Post by Knightmare »

LOL.

It has been on the patcher since last week. And it's not about the voted WoE time, it was adjusted because of Daylight Saving Time, and DST will end sometime later. This just means that you either just play for the lulz, or you just don't read at all.

EDIT: Nice chat log.

Polynomial - High Wizard
Reaver - Money Maker
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Didn't Know DST Time Change

Post by Koma »

As pointed out in the post that players have already mentioned, this was part of the DST transition last Sunday. We also placed emphasis on European changes and Asian changes in relation to this. In addition, I see that a post was made by the original poster on the forums looking forward to this week's WoE which would show that the forums had indeed been visited yet the post ignored -- although the Information site (or forum post) was copied from (viewtopic.php?f=50&t=1642).

These are the countries affected (red) and not-affected (other) by the worldwide shift:

For Pinoys specifically, DST has been implemented and removed and under consideration again:
The Philippines introduced short periods of Daylight Saving Time between 1986 and 1998 to conserve energy, and in April 2006 the Department of Trade and Industry proposed that Daylight Saving Time again be implemented to combat rising oil prices.
It was actually on our radar about its effect (hence why we put it in red and put SPECIAL NOTE in bold in front of it), and we were expecting a response back from the community regarding if certain times needed to be adjusted, however, this was never the case and I'm surprised that the complaints are flooding in now. Kiana was as detailed as possible with it (including the screenshot and source material).

ALSO NOTE THAT I DELAYED THIS WEEK'S UPDATE LOG SO EVERYONE KNEW. Considering most people are still wondering where that is more than they're concerned about the DST time change it seems... Usually I delay posting the update logs only when they would override important announcements for the week.

If all else failed though, @time is the supreme rule of the thumb since the trigger scripts haven't been adjusted further. No matter what, the times follow server-time according to http://info.amistr.net. In other words, the time never changed in that respect.

As far as the Emergency Call issue goes, no change has been done at all to the skill and further details are necessary if this is indeed a bug. If one guild was able to use it, all guilds should be able to use it. There's no way to separate certain guilds from doing that without writing very specific server core code otherwise, and sorry, but I'm not that kind of developer to waste my time doing something that'll piss off a guild for no reason. Regarding how it's configured on here though (stock eA: http://svn.eathena.ws/svn/ea/trunk/conf ... skill.conf):
// Emergency Recall Guild Skill setting (add as appropiate).
// Note that for the skill to be usable at all,
// you need at least one of 1/2 and 4/8
// 1: Skill is usable outside of woe.
// 2: Skill is usable during woe.
// 4: Skill is usable outside of GvG grounds
// 8: Skill is usable on GvG grounds
//16: Disable skill from "nowarpto" maps
// (it will work on GVG castles even if they are set to nowarpto, though)
emergency_call: 11
Another note: those screenshots show a non-Amistr client (which says FeelRO..) and/or GRF (no watermark). It is recommended that you use the Amistr provided clients and/or GRF as this could be the reason behind both problems. With our patch client, the DST change notification would have been seen easier; and the 2nd point is an obvious one regarding things not working as they should.

Regarding GM corruption though, the other GMs have no control over this from a database/server-side, and I have no control over time and space contrary to what other GMs on other servers may tell you about their power. I'm not the Doctor. Nor am I going to waste effort making stupid changes like that which I'm being accused for when there are more important things to be focusing on.

See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1648 for getting the time changed. And I agree that 6PM is time for being with families and so forth for Asians. We can bump it an hour as long as there's proper support for the change. The question is, what about the other WoEs since they were also affected?

In closing, don't use "Our Guild is willing to change to another server which is Less Corrupted.>.<" as a bribe to get things done. I never take kindly to bribes nor are we any bit corrupt. If you can find a server that's less corrupt, go for it, as all that's really important to me is that the players are happy and content where ever they go. Hence why I'm 100% certain there are no issues here and fully confident making the offer.

EDIT: Revising the topic subject.

Upon further investigation of the Emergency Recall issue, we've discovered internally that the skill is working (although you need to click the Use button and not double-click the skill name) and..

The guild leader was on-and-off before and throughout the WoE (logged in at the last 20 minutes?..) which gives Dowe's explanation of the 5 minute rule a bit more credibility:
2010-03-20 05:46:57
2010-03-20 06:02:39
2010-03-20 06:03:56
2010-03-20 06:07:25
2010-03-20 06:13:06
2010-03-20 06:17:37
2010-03-20 06:23:53
2010-03-20 06:30:24
2010-03-20 06:35:01
2010-03-20 06:35:28
2010-03-20 06:51:37
2010-03-20 07:03:14
As mentioned earlier in the thread, yes, I am taking this accusation very seriously.
Beware
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Beware »

Knightmare wrote:LOL.

It has been on the patcher since last week. And it's not about the voted WoE time, it was adjusted because of Daylight Saving Time, and DST will end sometime later. This just means that you either just play for the lulz, or you just don't read at all.

EDIT: Nice chat log.

im not talking to you MR.Genious...
i dont need your comment also..
so shut up man!!!.
Knightmare
Drops
Drops

Post by Knightmare »

I thought you quit.

Polynomial - High Wizard
Reaver - Money Maker
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

Oh man, that was hilarious, HAHAHAH, so glad I can use this Wii - what a worthwhile visit, HAHAHAHA, haaaahahahaaha!!

..Ahem. Rather. You had ample pre-warning about this issue, I must bring up one point: why immedietely jump to "corruption?" When things go unfavorably for your guild must then a guild always play that card? It feels rather immature provided you represent the whole of your guild to immedietely threaten to quit over a personal lack of reading comprehension.

Hate to be rude like that, but it's the truth and an important one you hear. As guild leader, it's your responsibility to keep up to date on things posted to the main website regularly that may impact your guild. Instead, you went on a tangent threatening to swoop your players away from the FOUL CORRUPTION of global time change standards, because you don't pay attention. I think your guild can actually do pretty decent, so I'm just gonna sum this up because I wouldn't care otherwise.

Shape up.

Now, back to staring angrily at my fried power supply until it gets fixed. Until next time, this is [Celestial Being], 'most patriotic guild 'round.. signin' out. [Double-finger bang gesture.]