Stylish event!

Roy Revant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Stylish event!

Post by Roy Revant »

Well, this event consists in people making out the best sprite designs with both their class' colors and adequated headgears, on X day at Y time, participants would go to a special designed map, line up, and let either the watchers (if there are any) vote on who looks the best, each player is given 3 votes, then the next round 2 votes, and finally 1 vote to decide the final winner. If using players vote seems out of hand, then we can relly on the GMs to chose, each GM would have 3 votes, then 2, lastly 1. The one with the best look wins, same deal.

Now there are 2 options that come to mind, either do this on the Test server or on the real server, each with cons and pros, but I suggest it should be made in the real server, to sort of encourage people to do the custom headgear quests or increase a desire for the Giftdrop items.

Now about prizes, we all know its the real reason why would anyone join any event, I would consider this to be either a mid or a major event, depending on the time given for participants to prepare, everyone can participate, and depending on the number of players, the prizes could either be bigger or smaller.

I suggest for the prizes to be one headgear with stats of choice from all the current available headgears (ie, Ribbon Hat/Hockey Mask/etc), for the second place 1 statless headgear of choice, and for the third place 5 OCAs.

So, what you think?
Kabuki
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Re: Stylish event!

Post by Kabuki »

What do you mean by statless headgear of choice ..?
which statless headgears? I hope you don't mean the donation one's?

Third place please x__ x
Dowe
Pouring
Pouring

Post by Dowe »

I'll be completely honest. It wont work.

I've tried to do a player-run event of this, and even with 1000 precautions and rules... it still just becomes a popularity contest.

Its a great idea, but unfortunately it doesn't work without a lot of EDrama.
/right
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Dowe wrote:I'll be completely honest. It wont work.

I've tried to do a player-run event of this, and even with 1000 precautions and rules... it still just becomes a popularity contest.

Its a great idea, but unfortunately it doesn't work without a lot of EDrama.
I gotta agree with this~ Even if we had anonymous and unbiased people to judge I'm sure someone would still complain (which shows how little faith I have in this community.. or maybe I'm just being a Negative Nelly :P).
Elnendil
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Elnendil »

Agreed, this would just turn out to be a popularity contest. There isn't much customization in the game, so instead of focusing on that, people will focus on their friends.

Its an okay idea in theory but its one of those events that doesn't really work out. A lot of events are like that, thats why the server has events like Novice Events. Some are abusable at points. But this would be unavoidable, unlike the other events we have, which can be fixed.
Roy Revant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Roy Revant »

Roy Revant wrote: If using players vote seems out of hand, then we can relly on the GMs to chose, each GM would have 3 votes, then 2, lastly 1. The one with the best look wins, same deal.
I am going to say that it would actually be pretty cool to have the whole GM team as the jury, as from my understanding, they are from across the world, meaning their likings and opinions can mix and actually decide for the best looking in general, or maybe it will go all horribly.

Regarding the issue of "fixed" contest, come on people, it takes part of us to give it a try as well, if we all are just going to forfeit before even trying, then we can't truly advance, I do would like many people to participate, as well as I would like complete fairness, call me naive, but I believe its possible.

GM Kiana also pmed about this in-game, she said that another option could be that the event be held via forums, people in the period of a week post their chars, so yeah, they can use the test server and have fun finding new looks and styles.

To elaborate more on the idea and details, you could basically use any item you can get with @item, as well as any hairstyle and color, I would say usage of pets to be allowed, as they can complete certain "themes" which may improve the cuteness of a sprite. Maybe also allow the posting of up to 3 chars, maybe just reduce it to 1, not sure on that.

Regarding the prize issues, those are just examples, I myself am not even sure what the prizes would be as I have no real first-hand exp as a GM, but I suppose that if the contest is going to be about the looks, may be logical to reward something along those lines as well.