Old-Style skill-tree thingo.

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Niia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Old-Style skill-tree thingo.

Post by Niia »

the previous one was handy. change back to it.

u could actually use skills while fighting (the ones that didnt fit ur hotkeys) from the skill tree.
when u didnt have to wander around 1st and 2nd job skills. or how all accessory or such gear giving skills wasnt randomly at first class base and others at second class.

its just messy as ****. and there is nothing better than the old style had. (except cute sitting animated char?)
hate the apply hammering,.

gah.. EWW.

thats all.

please oldie back. loved it much.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Re: Old-Style skill-tree thingo.

Post by rephikul »

There are 2 circular buttons at the top right of the screen window if you are using the default blue-white skin. The right circular button swap between the old trees and the new tree. I hope that's what you are looking for?

The 1st job / 2nd job tab is still there however. It's agreeable a needed change in preparation for 3rd job, or otherwise the skill list would get too long to browse through.
Niia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Niia »

dropping it small is actually only way to use gear-based skills, and even theyre screwd with the 1st/2nd tags.

i didnt mean i want it almost look like old style with tags.

i wanted the old thing, we dont have 3rd classes, and i guess wont have for a while. soo no need for this tag shizzle.
oldies pls.

not to mention the skills are in weirdass order in the new one (when small) no sense make.

example of old has alches linked brews in a bunch of 3. in new its like first link brew - 4 random skills between- second link brew - 4 random skills between - third link brew.

and i think sage/prof had some same shit. and certain priest skills was totally random too.

all in all it fails.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Really there’s no going back unless you would like to destroy features as well, as Ragnarok progresses.
Things like; quest log which is being implemented, which eAthena is implementing and updating we will have to manually remove features constantly which you could end up wanting as they come out.
Buff timers, which if we move backwards will not happen at all.
More than 9 character slots will be removed.
The large map which you can access using ctrl+~ may also have to be removed.
Also if we go back we may have to lose the party system that is in place now, meaning no buffing via the party menu, and also no seeing your party members hit points.
Another possibility that we would possibly have to give up is the battle and chat log system that is currently in place.
Are we really able to give up all current and future UI options that are being brought into Ragnarok Online?
There's no disabling specific features that were added into RO over the course of its development. We do not have RO client source code. There are possibilities with the current OpenSource RO (http://www.open-ragnarok.org/cms/index.php" TARGET="_blank), but for now, we are moving ahead with the RagRE client that Xray is releasing shortly -- which should solve a majority of our bugs today (such as those with packet issues)
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

If you want the old thing, you are free to get and old client and try to make head or tail from it. It's entirely possible, but I'd cut short the explaination by saying that there are things that's much harder to implement then adding or removing hair color sprites.

EDIT: imageshack deleted my image :(
Last edited by rephikul on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Niia
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Niia »

weird, im pretty sure this one server lil while back had battle logs and all kinda shizzle party buffing but with old skill tree. when that also got changed i got sad coz i loved the base it had before it.

oh well guess not then.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

I believe the tabbed panels appear ways after battle log and buffable party panel, but I could be wrong.

On a totally offtopic note, they are adding a 4th hotkey bar.
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

imo the new one is better, get used to it
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I wish we could pick exactly what we wanted or needed, but considering the client itself isn't something that can be modified easily yet, this is denied for now.

It would have been nice of Gravity put in a /skillwindow command, somewhat like the /showname command, but unfortunately, they didn't do it. Sorry. Hopefully, the Open Source client is released sooner rather than later for these kinds of requests.