er... yeah I'm probably a retard

This stuff has been addressed. If you want to add information or such, do so.
Shinta-2
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

er... yeah I'm probably a retard

Post by Shinta-2 »

Installed a new video card and well.... seems the only thing it'll run is World of Warcraft. When I open ro the video drivers crash. When I open any other program fullscreen it crashes.... Drivers are updated and everything. ATI radeon 3650. It messes up on me with everything basically. Any suggestions? (REALLY wanna play this server)
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: er... yeah I'm probably a retard

Post by Koma »

Re-run Setup.exe.
Shinta-2
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Shinta-2 »

under further investigation I need a new powersupply and windows 64bit so... that just wont work reinstalling it
Foolhardy
Poring
Poring

Post by Foolhardy »

Yo shinta,

You tried running the application in XP compatibility mode, or running the client setup and changing it to non full screen? :) Another possible option is to knock the colours on the graphics card down to 16-bit before you run the app, since windows vista no likey having 32bit colour on desktop and 16bit in fullscreen for some reason.... Hope none of that sounds too confusing...

On a side note, this is happening to the wife on her nVidia 9800 with new drivers, seems to be more a problem with application then the drivers/hardware :)
Shinta-2
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Shinta-2 »

yeah I still have windows xp pro um... dunno what else to do. Its 800x600 windowed and then my ati card goes kaput after it tries to start up and i get default settings, then gotta restart comp. So.... no idea
Shinta-2
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Shinta-2 »

FIGURED IT OUT DUHHHHHHHHHHHH I was using my onboard video after I used it. After I got the new video card, I didn't realize ragnarok setup didn't configure it automatically so I had to change it to my graphics card...
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

In short, you finally correctly used setup.exe. Here's a certificate in computer science. Welcome back.
Shinta-2
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Shinta-2 »

Im Chris Hansen and I am a reporter for dateline nbc.