(+) Price recalculation on stat / skill reset

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
moshimoochi
Poring
Poring

(+) Price recalculation on stat / skill reset

Post by moshimoochi »

At level 98, not once doing a stat reset I noticed that on this server it says "I will offer a discount if you perform both a stat and skill reset at the same time."

Looking more into this; I noticed the discount was exactly 1,500z. Now I'm not complaining because a discount is a discount. But the 1,500z seems almost negligible when you've done X amount of stat changes and the prices keep skyrocketing to astronomical amounts. A friend of mine had a reset for almost close to 1,000,000z.

Is there anyway to scale the discount based on level; or increase the discount in general? Because i'm sure for people out there who are dropping 1,000,000z at a time for a reset; 1,500 is like a slap in the face when they do both.
Hali
Drops
Drops

Re: Price recalculation on stat / skill reset

Post by Hali »

+1

The discount should be a percentage of like at least -5% per Reset with both Stats and Skills. The 'discount' he had (1.5k), when resetting for 1 million zeny, was only 0.15% of the price, if I'm not wrong.
Thats like... selling a cheese, lol.

And yea, the discount should increase with increased resetting price. The 1.5k even are barely useful for newbies, that reset for 80k.

Find something to live for,
and protect it.
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Haelstrom »

+Sword, sounds American. Fact, dare I say it, sounds /fist. Resets shouldn't be made much cheaper for obvious reasons, but a combination option should have some merit to it.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Yes, the discount should be scaled. This was originally not implemented as it was a quick modification to the original prices which were upwards of 15 million cap -- which is why it's quite surprising that there's still discussion about reset prices after it had been reduced so dramatically. It was originally intended to consider a formula at a later date for the combo discount, and the 1500z static value was to be temporary.

I'm glad you pointed out that its a discount and it has its merits as a discount though. A lot of people don't realize that its unnecessary and can actually be taken away with little effect.

Generally, most people don't mind though considering it's a rare occurence for players to reset both unless doing a full changeto their character. The other original intention was the "dual build" system which was meant to be free swap after completing a quest/paying a hefty fee. The original price drop was to ramp up for this feature addition (which is still delayed as I'm looking at ways to store these values -- stats are simple, but the skills will most likely require a function'ed switch per job or an entirely separate database).

We'll see though.
moshimoochi
Poring
Poring

Post by moshimoochi »

For people who forge; brew; leech etc. They have to do complete stat and skill changes in order to make the most of their class. To add onto my previous post; biochemists, forgers, priests, sinx's, even sages might have to change up from battle to forge; brew to support; support to TU or ME, support to soloing builds, edp brewing back to crit or sbk, back and forth and etc.

Some people have made multiple characters of the same class with different stat builds to lower the amount of zeny they have to pay altogether. Sadly I don't have that time to use to relevel another character strictly to brew, forge, battle, level, support, and etc.

After a few resets; the changes can become costly and take quite a hard hit to the pocket. I personally had no idea that the original prices were so high; I didn't mean to sound ignorant by asking for another change after the original price was tuned.

I know that in other MMO's; after a certain period; say a week or so. A player's reset price would drop 1 level. So you would be rewarded for staying in the same build; but you would also be penalized for changing builds multiple times. :D I'll keep thinking of more ideas to refine the reset npc.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

I will quickly mention, that our prices are to deter players from reseting. We have the test server for trying new builds, and playing around. Also as mentioned previously in threadds and the update log, We are working on a dual build system, and there was already a decrease in rates for this.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

As noted, hopefully within the next few weeks (and I know I've been saying this for some time now..), I'll find the time necessary to tweak the reset NPC to support the Dual Build system.

The plans outlined for the Dual Build system are similar to what has been established in several other MMOs such as World of Warcraft: you establish access to it (via quest or payment such as 10mil ONE-TIME) and you're allowed to rotate freely between two separate builds (skills and stats in our case) for free. This should allow players with "brewing" builds vs "player vs player" builds to swap easier. The idea is that when you go for a swap, whichever build you currently have will get swapped in for the other one -- so if you wanted a tweaked player vs. player build or switch to a player vs. environment build -- you can do that for the price of the normal reset -- and this becomes established as your secondary/primary build.

The idea for resetting the "# of time increments" monthly was one idea brought up in the past, but has still yet to be fully considered. It was actually supported for a time primarily when the reset prices were 15mil, but the idea of implementation was eliminated with the drastic decrease. We'll accept this for consideration once more though. I personally might lean more towards decreasing the value weekly by 1.

For those looking to just test builds though, Kiana has already pointed out that there is a test server for that purpose. But considering your response regarding alternating for different occasions, it's very understandable.
moshimoochi
Poring
Poring

Post by moshimoochi »

Would there be a way to implement a ticket; or a token to allow for one free change? That way you can still push higher prices; a dual build system; but also allow for another zeny dump for the server? You could even offer it as a donation item; if wanted. I wouldn't know how you'd want to allow for the acquisition of said tickets; but I'm sure if the prices stay high; the use of them would be fairly high.

I can understand the deterrence of skill and stat changes; but I personally don't see how it can be abused all that much. On such a small server (in comparison to ones with populations of 700+) most people are forging not for others; but for themselves. I rarely see blacksmiths or alchemists selling their created potions; merely because the amount of money they gain is larger from hunting than vending. Whitesmiths of course make their ends meet by overupgrading items, but stats are not in the mathematical equation for overupgrading. So in the end; this causes for more dual clients, more stat resets and etc.

I'll keep thinking about this and I'd like to mention I'm glad we're discussing this. It calms my mind knowing that the Administrators are so active on the forums. Bravo admin team. Cheers.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

ive literally spent a bajillion on resets for my WS Resolve since i started last august. pls implement this as a christmas gift for your most loyal player. xD

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Sythis
Drops
Drops

Post by Sythis »

+1

Being the main brewer in my guild. I've had no choice but to leave my creator on the brewer stat build simply because I can not afford to switch back and forth. Grant, I don't use my creator for anything other than brewing now a day. I would still like to be able to go back to AD build to finish leveling him. Having some sort of cost reduction after a time period. A free switching in a duel build system after paying the initial quest starting fee. Anything would be very awesome.