(+) a card separator npc(different from card remover o_O)

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
fail
Poporing
Poporing

(+) a card separator npc(different from card remover o_O)

Post by fail »

after having spoken with Koma ingame about some carding issues I've had, he suggested I make a thread in the forums, so here it is, although I have tweaked it a bit:

the original idea was having an npc that destroys your card in an equipment but giving you back the item[1], incase of mistakes made while carding, but sometimes you might have put the card in the wrong equipment[1] ex: ninetail card in a +0-8 garment, poring card in valk armor etc., however the other times it might be the other way around, so the npc could work like this:

pick which carded item you wish to operate on -> make a choice which part you wish to keep(thus which part to be destroyed, item or card) -> npc then makes the change and gives you the back you wanted to keep(losing the other half, either equip or card) /!
^ right click, view image ^.^
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: a card separator npc(different from card remover o_O)

Post by Koma »

To add to this, there will be no Card Remover as it is an understood that more and more cards will be common with the rates -- especially MVP/Boss cards. This should at least increase the value of an MVP card.

However, what is requested here is a Card Deleter. Instead of popping out the card for re-use, we completely delete the card and it ceases to exist. This would remove quite a number of cards from the market so it could be a positive thing. The only drawback is that it can increase the value of some upgraded gear sometimes.

I'm not so sure about the part about choosing which side you want to keep however -- since it just leaves room for players to pop a Baphomet Card in a +0 equip, then later on pop it in a +10 equip when they're ready -- unless what is meant by this is that you choose which card you're removing (for multislotted items).

I'm still waiting to discuss with staff on this, but we would like to see what the players think as well about something like this. Please add your input.
fail
Poporing
Poporing

Post by fail »

I see your point, then the first original idea of the npc should suffice ^^
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

doesn't sound like too bad of an idea
+1
Superbia
Drops
Drops

Post by Superbia »

I prefer the idea to deleted one of the items, but to delete the card only is ok with me, too.

+1
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

put a card remover with a seperate 75% chance to destroy the item and/or the cards ;p

Case 1, Both items destroyed: 56.25%
Case 2, Card destroyed, Item remains: 18.75%
Case 3, Card remains, Item destroyed: 18.75%
Case 4, You get both back: 6.25%
However, since you get both items in case 4, its "value" is doubled to 12.5%. Thus, out of 100 tries to remove a card, you'd get roughly 50 in both items and cards combined. I like just risk factor. Just perfect.
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

-1 to whatever rephikul just suggested
Admean
Poring
Poring

Post by Admean »

This would all be simpler with a card remover npc. Srlsy.

If you're worried about mpv/mini boss cards flooding the market, lower mvp/mini boss card drop rates. They're imba anyways.

Also..
Koma wrote:To add to this, there will be no Card Remover as it is an understood that more and more cards will be common with the rates -- especially MVP/Boss cards. This should at least increase the value of an MVP card.
Mvp Cards should never be common on a private server. srs. ew.

I've played on mid rate servers where mvp cards are sold on the market (Feel). They're expensive as fuck. Having a card remover doesn't change that at all. Common mvp and mini boss cards= highrate/phail server.

Regular Card Remover kthx.
Superbia
Drops
Drops

Post by Superbia »

Admean wrote:If you're worried about mpv/mini boss cards flooding the market, lower mvp/mini boss card drop rates. They're imba anyways.
They are low enough for a mid rate. /dum
fail
Poporing
Poporing

Post by fail »

so can we move this to approved section yet?