(%) PVP Modification

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
nyrinie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

(%) PVP Modification

Post by nyrinie »

Alright. here goes.
I think that the PvP system needs a minor tweak. Butterfly wings should be disabled, and instead there should be an NPC placed in the middle that would remove you from Pvp upon request.

I suggest this idea because there are way too many champs, and sinx's on this server who just warp in, sonicblow/asura you then butterflywing out. There can be other classes that abuse the "butterfly effect" (lol), however so far, the main "cheaters" are Champs and Sinx's.

I do not think that it is fair to launch a sneak attack on someone and then just run away... atleast that is not how I see pvp.

As such, there should be for Pvp Rooms, the Npc to warp you out.. which would delay a bit... so that you cannot smack someone and then click it and get out.
Also, there should be a lag system in place to prevent smacking someone and character selecting (like the 10 second rule after getting hit, but is active for 10 seconds after YOU USE a skill.)

Bleah.. that's my two cents and frustration with this nooby tactic.....

(here come the flames)
Haelstrom
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Re: PVP Modification

Post by Haelstrom »

+1.

Only way you could approve of this 1-Hit&Run style is if you yourself do it. You rush in and deal the megaton damage in a single blow, you should have to deal with the aftermath rather than immediately warp out, rinse and repeat 3 seconds later with no penalty.
Muffin
Drops
Drops

Post by Muffin »

I'm all for disabling Butterfly Wings, and I main a Champ, so that says something. I do not however think that a 10 second delay should be put on logging out after using a skill. As minor as it is, I don't think we should be modifying basic client mechanics.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

Need to see some more support.
MayChan
Poporing
Poporing

Post by MayChan »

I think this is a good idea, being able to Bwing away is cheap for players that can one shot (champs) or any other classes that can somewhat abuse that. I also would like that NPC to be there so we can talk to leave instead of having to warp or something.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Easy enough approval, but this does not solve issues regarding using @die either.

Would it also be supported to disable atcommands, or @die alone, in PvP?

A 5 second delay can also be added if you leave the PvP grounds as well.

Scripting of an exit NPC is not too much work since they're just one-click warp scripts duplicated across all of the PvP maps, adding in the delay system when using the NPC to exit is not much effort either. This shouldn't apply to people that disconnect though as they pretty much already have a delay having to login again. Also, would it be too much trouble if the exit warp only warped to Prontera, or is it a necessity that it warp back to your previous location (could possibly just use your savepoint now that I think about it though..)?

Let me know what you think and we'll see about implementation of all of these as a whole in one update -- unless there are some disapprovals that people would like to add to this thread.
nyrinie
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by nyrinie »

Well disabling @die i don't care either way that is fine with me. Buffs are lost with death.. so meh :)

Personally I would PREFER to warp back to my save point, but prontera has the warpers and everything... so no big nay from me there either

*throws in two cents and runs away*
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

+1 to bwing/@command removal from PvP
Mitsuo
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Mitsuo »

+1

I like this idea, but don't make the warper one click. Make it so you gotta click and click "Yes" out of 3 possible options. Have "what's this?" the first choice, then "No" and then "Yes". This way they have to actually focus and click, push down twice, to leave the arena. Make the "What's this?" option some random BS, "no" exit the chat dialogue and "yes" warp back to save point.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This is also approved for FULL completion FOLLOWING tonight's maintenance -- up to 24 hours afterwards.

EDIT: @die has already been disabled in the PvP, BG, and WoE/GvG maps. Exit NPCs now remain and butterfly wing disabling in PvP/BG -- except allowed in WoE.