(+) Rename Dungeon Warps

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Arisu
Poring
Poring

Re: Rename Dungeon Warps

Post by Arisu »

I'm for renaming. It's more confusing with the town attached to the dungeon name. The only exception would be Payon Cave, which I saw mentioned earlier, and that's because that's the NAME of the dungeon, not just the town being attached to it.
Emaria
Poring
Poring

Post by Emaria »

I agree that the names should be changed. I've also played a lot of servers with warpers and this is the only one that's had the town names before the dungeon. While I can see how this would make sense to some, I find it rather annoying. If people don't agree with the change, maybe it can be like the "Item Merchie" thing where the person in prontera can change it so that if you wanted the town names first, they could be first and if you didn't they didn't have to be there? I feel like this might be a reasonable compromise for those players that are used to the town names in front of their dungeons.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Kiana »

I would like to see a list of how you think the dungeon warp list should work, because if a change is made it needs to be done perfectly the first time.
so lets see what you think it should look like.
GDRAGON
Poporing
Poporing

Post by GDRAGON »

It's actually pretty much like the way you have it now. Just cut out the town names (i.e. "Alberta" in Alberta Sunken Ship ---> renamed to Sunken Ship). And have it alphabetized.

Just naming places off my head:
Abyss Lake
Cursed Abbey
Moscovia Forest
Sphinx
Toy Factory
Turtle Island
etc..
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

Abbey Dungeon*
Abyss Lake
Amatsu Dungeon
Ant Hell
Ayothaya Ancient Shrine
Beach Dungeon
Bio Laboratory
Byalan Dungeon
Clock Tower
Coal Mine
Cursed Abbey*
Einbroch Mine
Geffen Dungeon
Geffenia
Glast Heim
Gonryun Dungeon
Hidden Temple
Ice Dungeon
Juperos Ruins
Kiel Robot Factory
Louyang Dungeon
Magma Dungeon
Moscovia Dungeon
Odin's Temple
Orc Dungeon
Payon Cave
Prontera Culvert
Pyramid
Rachel Sanctuary
Sphinx
Sunken Ship
Thanatos Tower
Thors Volcano
Toy Factory
Turtle Dungeon
Umbala Dungeon

I had to type out the alphabet to get this right and I probably still ef'd up somewhere ._.

Edit: Forgot to note about the Abbey Dungeon/Cursed Abbey D:~ I got most of the names from my list from RMS and they have it as Abbey Dungeon but as Muffin pointed out below me most servers have it written as Cursed Abbey (which sounds a lot better ;>).
Last edited by Clandestine on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Muffin
Drops
Drops

Post by Muffin »

Replace Abbey Dungeon with Cursed Abbey and that's perfect.
moshimoochi
Poring
Poring

Post by moshimoochi »

Haelstrom wrote:I'm against.

I far prefer knowing the geographic location of a dungeon along with its standard name. Anyone having trouble with it will remember them after one time checking the NPC (more so if they're forgetful), so it's really not a problem. People're just fretting this because they're not used to detail.

It's simply a matter of consistency, and should stay in as is.
The server should attract people with it's convenience and friendly staff. If people wanted a geographic class on where dungeons are; for future reference I'm sure they'll look for it somewhere else. That said; we do have a dungeon warper for convenience, people are just asking for it to be more so. I think it's a minor change, but it's helpful none-the-less. I'm for.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This will go in for this week's maintenance period.

You really have me to blame for why the Dungeon Warper was implemented this way to begin with. Back then when I was re-scripting our original warp script, I had wanted to somewhat standardize the names -- considering that there were dungeons called Payon Dungeon and Geffen Dungeon and what-not, removal of the town names from all of them would have simply left a few as "Dungeon". Plus, in a way, it gave the warp manager a somewhat professional look. Form over function at the time unfortunately.

The reason Kiana had to request a list is so that we can get this right in one go, rather than changing them to something else that people won't like. Kiana had actually commented quite a few times about how stupid it was to me so I take full responsibility of this mess here. Personally, I still somewhat agree with Haelstrom too, but majority rule and this isn't a gamechanger afterall.

EDIT: Implemented as of viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1450" TARGET="_blank.