@storage @go @love

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Panic
Drops
Drops

Re: @storage @go @love

Post by Panic »

If democracy means anything at this server, you can see the majority of people agrees to want this implemented. I'm not going to lie to you, but "if" you guys decide to deny implementing this, I can't help but imagine what other simple "convenient" things you're going to shut down.
Xelha
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Xelha »

Uhm well... without any offence... Why do you think that the population is so low at the moment?

I think you need to accept suggestions as long as they are not unbalanced or overpowered. Maybe not every suggestion, but at least, like Emoke said, those that are for Convenience ^^
dissentient
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dissentient »

@go, sure.

@storage, on one condition. Make it not work during WOE hours. There's a reason that characters have a weight limit. Having unlimited recovery items would ruin WOE for me. Make people have to return to town to restock.
Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

The reason I decided to give this server a try was because it didn't have those commands.
A matter of convenience, where do you draw the line?

@storage is unbalanced for any class that doesn't usually have much strength in their build.
Odin
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Odin »

dissentient wrote:@go, sure.

@storage, on one condition. Make it not work during WOE hours. There's a reason that characters have a weight limit. Having unlimited recovery items would ruin WOE for me. Make people have to return to town to restock.
I thought that was obvious.
Llysa wrote:The reason I decided to give this server a try was because it didn't have those commands.
A matter of convenience, where do you draw the line?

@storage is unbalanced for any class that doesn't usually have much strength in their build.
So it's more balanced that a wizard or priest is forced to return to town to unload their gains more often than a knight or or blacksmith, since those classes have no use for str at all?

Yes, partying is gonna be loads much more fun because the wizard has suddenly amassed 90% of weight. Meaning he needs to either return to town, forcing the entire party to wait for him, or drop some of the items, making the wizard's share less than the others, which makes it less of an incentive to be a wizard or a priest in a party.
Great balance!

Also Mid-to-High rates means more drops. More drops means that weight fills up faster. If weight fills up faster you kill less monsters to reach 90% weight than on a lowrate.
Great, let's all return to the start of TT because half the party has too much weight, and too good drops to simply throw away.
dissentient
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dissentient »

Take along a merchant or two. It takes awhile to fill up like 10000 weight. Besides, loot distribution does not need to occur at the time of the drop. Personally, I'd rather not see @storage, but under specific conditions, more so than what I said above, it could be okay.
dissentient
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by dissentient »

Double post, but I would actually prefer a NPC bought usable item that allows you to open your storage from anywhere except WOE maps. Price the item at around 50~150k, 0 weight, consumed when storage is opened. It's a small zeny sink, and face it, you can make several mil zeny in loot when you inventory fills up. Paying 100k per remote storage access is pretty cheap.
Emoke
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Emoke »

This server is becoming less and less appealing to me
So many ignorant players here
Kino
Poring
Poring

Post by Kino »

-1 Against this because on many other servers I've played @go is replacing B-wings all together which is saving yourself carrying space and zenny in the process.

-1 Against @storage as many of the negative post above about WoE I can totally agree, Including saving trips back and grabbing items/ saving room by the push of one button is extremely lazy to me. Maybe if @storage came with a % cost like the item vendor in the middle of prontera did creating an off-setting sink hole for zenny to be spent on.
Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

So it's more balanced that a wizard or priest is forced to return to town to unload their gains more often than a knight or or blacksmith, since those classes have no use for str at all?
Well it's the nature of the class.. you can always put more stat points into str. It's not possible to make things completely balanced. The best you can do is to stay close to the orginal mechanics of the game.
This server is becoming less and less appealing to me
So many ignorant players here
ignorant players = people who don't agree 100% with you?
Last edited by Llysa on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.