More Disguised Hats

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

More Disguised Hats

Post by cometodru »

If this has already been addressed, my bad. I'll be honest and say, I'm too lazy to search through the rest of the forums.

I'd like to see some of the official hats become capable fusing with other hats. For instance, things like Sunday Hat, Magistrate Hat, Detective Hat, and other official hats that are actually pretty cool to see other people wear.

I'm running out of things to do on the server. I find PvP pointless, Battlegrounds useless, because I don't plan to use anything from there, and the events here not enjoyable. I'd make hats, but it becomes monotonous if I have no way of actually using them on a regular basis.
Kiana
Administrator
Administrator

Re: More Disguised Hats

Post by Kiana »

Sunday hat is already in with various colours, As for any other ones we dont have implimented, currently i am building a new patch with a few for implimentation as well as updating the hat dude to contain a bach of new ones.
If you can find sprites for some other ones feel free to post them, I have no issues implimenting them.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

I don't care for a lot of your recolors. I'd like to be able to fuse some of the originals hats is pretty much what I'm getting at.
Clandestine
Marin
Marin

Post by Clandestine »

cometodru wrote:I don't care for a lot of your recolors. I'd like to be able to fuse some of the originals hats is pretty much what I'm getting at.
I'd like to be able to synthesize with the original colours for some hats too. :c
Couldn't you like, make it so when you synthesize with a hat like *example* Sunday Hat it have -1 DEF after so the one DEF it has on it cancels out (I'm going to sleep after I'm done posting this I'm sorry if it makes no sense qq)

obtw
http://www.green-peach.com/sprite.php
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

A lot of the "custom" ones do have their original colours available. It seems what's being asked for here are the normal hats to be synthable. Correct me if I'm wrong.
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Yup! Some of the normal hats are pretty cool to see people wear. I'm not asking for all of them, just some of the cooler and nicer looking ones.
Last edited by cometodru on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PiraNja
Drops
Drops

Post by PiraNja »

I greatly support this suggestion.

I agree that I would love to see more of the original colours available... I would love if, in general, all hats in the Hat Dude that have recolours would also have the original able to be made in looks.

As to this suggestion, I think it would be interesting if there was a way to duplicate a hat from a monster drop or a quest (i.e. 'regular' hats) to have a statless copy? Probably done through a generic quest or payment or so...
Like, you bring the hat and whatever items or payments necessary to create a copy to an NPC and he makes the stat-less one, but you can also keep your regular one?
Although I wonder if there could then be a limit put on it to avoid mass-production of those hats...
(NPC could be a sort of Hat Dude Apprentice who is learning the hat making from copying hats ;P")
cometodru
Poporing
Poporing

Post by cometodru »

Copying hat sprites and making them statless is easy. I think, it's just if we're actually going to use these hats if the GMs take the time to implement the ones we want. As a GM, I'd hate to see wasted efforts of an unused implementation that people asked for.

We wouldn't even need a custom quest for the hats. Just do the original quest, get the hat, and after fusion, the hat becomes statless and takes on the stats of your fused hat.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

So you're okay with having them statless?

The Hat Dude can be coded to trade the normal version for a statless version if this is the request being made. All we do is create a hat in the 30k range with the original hat's "look" value and duplicate it forward for the 20k series for the synthesized version.
Aztecha
Poring
Poring

Post by Aztecha »

question, is in the future is it possible wish to have a hat colorer, like give him 5-10 cobalt blue dyestuff and 500,000 Zeny, he'll let you select and color the statless hat any color in the blue selection?