Regarding the Recent Network Hiccups

Latest News and Updates on Amistr.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Regarding the Recent Network Hiccups

Post by Koma »

We're currently monitoring these issues with our host/datacenter. It may take one or two more hiccups to get this ironed out, but it is being dealt with as professionally as possible. These are the issues regarding 10-15 minute periods of loss of connectivity. Note: That these are not "crashes" as @uptime and vendors maintain their status. Please do not be alarmed when these happen as we are going to correct this as soon as possible within the next 12-24 hours.

UPDATE: This has since been resolved. There was an IP conflict with another server that was supposed to be taken offline at the datacenter. They have eliminated that.

Here is the log of instances for our search for any correlation:
[21/Aug 13:17] <-- First Server Boot

[22/Aug 03:11] <-- 1st Instance
REBOOT
[22/Aug 03:41] <-- Restored

[22/Aug 06:22] <-- 2nd Instance
[22/Aug 06:25] <-- Restored

[22/Aug 18:01] <-- 3rd Instance
[22/Aug 18:03] <-- Restored

[22/Aug 23:26] <-- 4th Instance
[23/Aug 00:00] <-- Restored

[23/Aug 05:01] <-- 5th Instance
[23/Aug 05:16] <-- Restored
Here is the log of my e-mail thread with them in our search for root cause:
Sent: Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:06 PM
To: 'Host'

Hello (Host),

Every so often, such as last night around 3AM, we have had connectivity issues.

These connectivity issues are in the form of rejected connections on normal ports such as SSH, MySQL, and our game server ports (86, 75, and 30). However, pinging the server results in responses, whereas the other ports are rejected.

The MySQL server and game-server survive through this connection loss and internally, it seems that things are fine (with no disconnection between MySQL and said game server – any resource or memory leaks should have caused the system to freeze up or have the game server disconnect from the MySQL server I would expect).

This has happened four times, and we have had our customers (currently a population of 50-75 users concurrent average 24/7) becoming unhappy with these outages which have lasted anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes long.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you and Regards,
-(Koma)
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 5:01 AM

FYI, it has just happened again now at 5AM.

Regards,
-(Koma)
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 2:19 AM
To: 'Koma'

Saw it. By the time go the console on it the server had started responding.

I have a kvmip on it now and will continue to monitor it.

Thank you and have a nice day.

(Host)
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:03 AM

Thanks (Host),

I appreciate the help. I am currently checking our logs as well for any information.

Regards,
-(Koma)
To: Koma
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 06:28:20 -0400

There was an IP conflict. A server that was not supposed to be on line was. It has been removed.

Thank you and have a nice day.

(Host)