Limit guild expansion to 5

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Limit guild expansion to 5

Post by rephikul »

Late topic but ya.

This I have asked GM opinion a while back, but forgot to make a topic for it. Limiting guild expansion promote spreading players and heat up woe (alliance not allowed so.) Guilds already have pop over expansion 5 are free to keep the spare point, tho they are encouraged to redistribute their alts and less active players somewhere else.

I'd like to note that this is nothing personal against Avalon. Divine Tools support and is already restricting itself with expansion 5 until we have the staff's final decision.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Re: Limit guild expansion to 5

Post by Resolve »

+1

I am from Avalon but I agree to this. To be honest, a majority of Avalon's Roster are alts. The number showing on the Guild ranking is not reflective of the actual size of the guild. But yeah, for aesthetic purposes, I agree to this one.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

i like being able to talk to the guild without having to be on my main
Deviant
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Deviant »

Sakaretsu wrote:-1

i like being able to talk to the guild without having to be on my main
even though i only have 2chars and thats all ill ever get qq
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Adding my two cents on this issue considering we've been down this road before..
Guild Extension Limit - This skill will be limited to level 5. This means each level will still have +6 to maximum members, but the maximum size you can increase your guild is +30. This should halve the size of guilds and also eliminate a few worries of large powerful alliances (without breaking alliances). This should also increase tactics by forcing guilds to get various guild skills.
This is the excerpt from Crescendo, when we walked down this path. Looking back, it helped nothing, and just tended to split up players unnecessarily. The reason for this is that guilds will unofficially ally each other regardless. A lot of these guilds are based upon friends that refuse to be in other guilds. They tended to make "lower guilds" that still worked with their main guilds.

However, I'm still open to the idea as WoE has time left to be organized.
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

-1 to this for obvious reasons such as forcing people to split up
Dook
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Dook »

Koma wrote:Adding my two cents on this issue considering we've been down this road before..
Guild Extension Limit - This skill will be limited to level 5. This means each level will still have +6 to maximum members, but the maximum size you can increase your guild is +30. This should halve the size of guilds and also eliminate a few worries of large powerful alliances (without breaking alliances). This should also increase tactics by forcing guilds to get various guild skills.
This is the excerpt from Crescendo, when we walked down this path. Looking back, it helped nothing, and just tended to split up players unnecessarily. The reason for this is that guilds will unofficially ally each other regardless. A lot of these guilds are based upon friends that refuse to be in other guilds. They tended to make "lower guilds" that still worked with their main guilds.

However, I'm still open to the idea as WoE has time left to be organized.
I also believe that guild mates, that are close friends, should not be forced to join another guild only because there is a guild extension limit.

Last edited by Dook on Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emoke
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Emoke »

Definitely -1
If i run out of room in my guild wtf am i going to do?
People are gonna quit, cant play with their friends etc.
minzo
Marin
Marin

Post by minzo »

-1 You must always be able to have your alt in guild too. But other then that you can make an alt guild also.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Alliance is already disabled, so alt guild is not really a viable option.