Otterpops [NO GURLS ALOUWD]

Find an awesome guild to join or a not so awesome one.
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Otterpops [NO GURLS ALOUWD]

Post by Lawyer Dog »

Koma wrote:Please make mention of the program if you're going to trash talk the server for handling it this way. Note: that the member that was banned did mention it as well and confirmed its usage.

Would you like us to allow players that use XK*re too since that merely hooks into RO as well -- not necessarily communicates with the server? There have also been cases of players using Autocl*cker and delayed WPE to do the same thing your guildmember did. The rule states clearly:
Using a botting/third-party program to assist you in-game is strictly forbidden. This applies primarily to packet modification and programs outside of the provided clients that communicate with the server.
The keyword for the second line is "primarily" -- not "only".

I'm finding it increasingly amazing how there is a shift of the RO population to use outside programs to play.. Even on lower rate server, they haven't been this widespread, but that was 2-3 years ago. Now everyone and their grandma can't simply just "play".
AutoHotkey was the program. A simple hotkey program.
Bots and the like are different, even ones that use the client, as they interpret things going on in the server, something that a macro program can not do. Macros can not respond to a situation, they can only handle the most mindless of actions.
I find it amazing that you think you can count this as part of the "shift" when it's this server's modifications that made people do it.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

If by server modifications you mean "a change to prevent and block" getting things in an automated fashion while not being on the computer, sure.

As far as your AutoHotKey program goes though, it is advertised as a program to automate such tasks:
•Automate almost anything by sending keystrokes and mouse clicks. You can write a mouse or keyboard macro by hand or use the macro recorder.
WPE and hooked bot programs don't need to "respond to a situation" either. They can be setup the same way as this hotkey program to simply send send send. Back during the alpha and beta of official, the same logic as you're explaining now was used to defend Kyne and Apez with no luck.
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

d'aww my favourite guild is leaving ):

can i haf ur stufsz
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

Sakaretsu wrote:d'aww my favourite guild is leaving ):

can i haf ur stufsz
NO THEY ARE ILL-GOTTEN GAINS BECAUSE CASTILE USED THE MOST HEINOUS OF ALL PROGRAMS
THE MACRO
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

Kazuki
Poring
Poring

Post by Kazuki »

amazing
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

Otterpops may not roll on another server any time soon (probably not until renewal starts hitting), you can post here if you want to be informed when and where we start up again.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

Lawyer Dog wrote:

can i haf ur stufsz
NO THEY ARE ILL-GOTTEN GAINS BECAUSE CASTILE USED THE MOST HEINOUS OF ALL PROGRAMS
THE MACRO

from what i see here and what i've heard, this is just a very simple case of a group of people expecting to get away with something but ends up not getting away with it. the rules are clear, no debating about it. dont start nitpicking with crap.

i think that if you think that the game is outmoded, then dont play it. dont even bother starting to go to another server, cos that will be the same outmoded game. right?

quoting a poet: AN APPLE IS AN APPLE BY ANY OTHER NAME.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

Resolve wrote:
Lawyer Dog wrote:

can i haf ur stufsz
THE MACRO

from what i see here and what i've heard, this is just a very simple case of a group of people expecting to get away with something but ends up not getting away with it. the rules are clear, no debating about it. dont start nitpicking with crap.

i think that if you think that the game is outmoded, then dont play it. dont even bother starting to go to another server, cos that will be the same outmoded game. right?

quoting a poet: AN APPLE IS AN APPLE BY ANY OTHER NAME.
1. Most servers are not ridiculous enough to try and outlaw idling.
2. We are going to start playing again when renewal hits.
3. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

full pakke baby full pakke
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

):