(+) WHy the F is the custom tool dealer sellin grape juice?

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

(+) WHy the F is the custom tool dealer sellin grape juice?

Post by Resolve »

Why?

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Re: Why the F is the custom tool dealer sellin grape juice?

Post by Resolve »

We all know that there are NO sp items being sold in official Midgard. I understand, according to Jekyll that most people clamor for it, but something as game-changing as this is not something that can be just easily implemented without any decent discussion. Why? Low-SP characters now have the option to just buy grape juice instead of actually huntin for the items. In this way, life will be too easy for everyone whose sp sucks.

The point here is, grape juice is very lightweight, and is one of the most efficient sp recovery items around. With this, alchemists would not have to brew blue pots, lessening their usefulness, soul linkers will be virtually immortal in woe with whatever that healing Ka- skill is, and Profs can afford to be 89% Overweight and not worry about SP, and Whitesmiths can just rely on GJ+SLims for recovery because instead of having to hunt for RJs, they can just use their zeny to get what they need. Aside from that , asura champions will be OP too, as they can now do infinite asuras using zeny, so its quite pointless to make a hunter or whatever to MVP since Monks can just Asura all the way.

I know im gettting biased here to some extent, all im asking for is for the admin to at least have some decency to set a poll before such was implemented rather than this thing just suprising us and sweeping us off our feet.

To many its not a big thing. To pros they are.

Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Re: WHy the F is the custom tool dealer sellin grape juice?

Post by Resolve »

I can think of bigger exploits and bigger effects so pls pm me if u need details. I dont wanna post it here cos people may do it.

Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

way to over-exaggerate & triple-post

- alchemists still have to brew blues for woe.. if you use grape juice in woe you might as well uninstall
- if soul-linkers use grape juice to survive in woe, they're going to die when it runs out OR isn't healing fast enough
- don't understand the prof relevance... way it works is prof health converts and gets healed, what difference does it make if grape juices are in or not :S
- smiths will still need blue pots for woe unless they enjoy spamming a key 35235235x times per second
- champs could still do 'infinite asuras' with a prof or a spouse

tl;dr if you use grape juice in woe you suck, this only helps pvm
pyromania
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by pyromania »

still, gj would make some class (especially champ) overpowered.. if u really need gj in the market, i think its better if u make separate npc selling grape n empty bottle. then whoever want gj would have to do the quest, or buy from other merchants..
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Syze »

waste of time, it's not seriously overpowering in any way, and no i don't have a champ
pyromania
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by pyromania »

its overpowered for mvp purpose.. besides, selling the ingredients will help new players get zeny by selling gj
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

This is now linked to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=205" TARGET="_blank.

ALL players cannot have their cake and eat it too unfortunately, so we'll try to cut a deal here. As part of the GM staff agreed as well, the price of Grape Juice was intended to be much higher originally -- it was brought down to reflect a middle-ground across servers.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

I'm not gonna bother to argue on the grape juice price cause it'd kill my blood pressure. You know what i'd say anyway. My suggestion is to temporary change your grape juice back to whatever price it should be and remove all juices that was bought/stockpiled and is still in the storage inv/etc, refunding ppl properly (You have the transaction log I hope?) If they have used any. When the argument is settled, change it to the final price.
Castile
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Castile »

All of the arguments against Grape Juice are laughable. Official servers don't sell any SP items? Were you aware that there are more SP items in an official server than most private high rate servers? A champion being overpowered from SP items? Has ANYONE played a champion WITHOUT using SP items? It doesn't matter if they're NPC bought or not- people will have them regardless. Having them sold on an NPC is a huge bonus for newer players to break into the community and catch up on levels far more quickly than sitting around every time they run out of SP or warping back to the healer.