(+) my concerns about some things on the server

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
gunner6850
Poring
Poring

(+) my concerns about some things on the server

Post by gunner6850 »

hello everyone
this is my first post here i hope its in the right place and stuff

i am saddened to have bring this up but i think it needs addressing as soon as possible
i spend some of today just sitting watching the chat in pront as i planned my next lot of leveling
and was shocked to see so much perverted sex chat and what i would class as obseen guild names being used
i know that there are some really young children that play this game and i think it wrong and needs to be sorted

there have been times when the same foul language has been used on main chat as well

to all that read this and use the foul language please stop doing it there are private chat windows where you can say what you wish but there are RULES for main and open chat please follow them !!!
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: my concerns about some things on the server

Post by Koma »

Thanks for pointing this out. It's actually quite refreshing seeing someone bring this topic up where many would be too scared to do it.

We have been taking steps to prevent a lot of this from happening, but it seems that a lot of it is getting by us as well. Most offensive names have been taken care of, but publicly and @main are still key places that need to be cleaned up.

Some players need to either clean up their language or we may have to take up more drastic measures such as the chat filter (which would be irritating for some normal words as well). We didn't think the chat filter would be necessary as we believed the players were a bit more responsible than to need help toning it down themselves.

viewtopic.php?f=44&p=927#p927" TARGET="_blank is one instance.
gunner6850
Poring
Poring

Post by gunner6850 »

thanks for the quick reply koma
yes i would agree that the chat filter would get very annoying but i would porbably perfer to portect the childern from the porfanity and annoy some folk than let it carry on until you catch each member and hand out the punishment only for them to go back to the game after and carry on the same way with no regard to everyone else

im sorry to rant and rave a little on here but i would like to see this server grow in leaps and bounds so that i can carry on playing lol
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

It's okay. That's what this forum is here for anyways -- and what we're here for as well.

We've actually been having some discussion about it within staff about how strict we should be, but considering that a lot more has been passing by us without anything being said, we should probably be a bit more so than we already are.
gunner6850
Poring
Poring

Post by gunner6850 »

thanks koma
i wish you all the best in the future :D
Lawyer Dog
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Lawyer Dog »

I'm glad you guys are concerned about the children playing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

Your handle is "gunner"

My uncle was a gunner, he got killed in Iraq.

Your name offends me.

Requesting ban.
Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

Oh won't someone please think of the children!? ........

Aren't there rules and punishments in place for this sort of behaviour? If any of this stuff is getting by, then either the gms are not doing their jobs properly or what your dealing with are the very children you are trying to protect?
gunner6850
Poring
Poring

Post by gunner6850 »

@sakaretsu i was a gunner aswell in the royal artillery :P
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Llysa is quite correct in this post. We need to take a stronger stance on the issues plaguing this server -- as was stated before.