(+) Dead Branches

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

(+) Dead Branches

Post by Peroxide »

Dead Branches... we love 'em... but sometimes we hate them. There have been a few people spawning about 50 Dead Branches a go just inside the entrance of Ant Hell 1. Several classes and players use this area to get their first few skill points. This is NOT opinion, this is fact... and has become a trend on most RO servers, for most RO players.

This issue is approached several different ways by servers all over. Here are the options that are usually consider first and foremost..

• 1. ) Remove the ability to break Dead Branches on all dungeon maps. Field maps can be excluded since they are usually less populated and there's less of a chance people will be trying to actively level there.

2. ) Remove the death experience loss from Izlude and make it a FFA dead branching town. This will encourage groups that normally wouldn't share, to do such. Or even open up the possibility for player run events.

3. ) Implement Dead Branch rooms. Only allow the breaking of Dead Branches in these rooms.

To be quite honest, I think that the third is really a waste of time. Every set of Dead Branch rooms I've seen on servers that you can rent for a certain rate / password protect are incredibly small and buggy.

However, I have seen the first two options combined together on several servers and it usually ends up working very well.
Valorous
Drops
Drops

Re: Dead Branches

Post by Valorous »

+1

<:
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

Regarding this, we are looking into adding a Dead Branch Arena for this purpose.

As far as Dead Branches on fields/dungeons go, the current routine has been set as: if a Dead Branch has not been taken care of within 30 minutes, a GM can remove the monster spawned. Considering that eA logs who and where all Dead Branches are used, we have the ability to fast-track them as necessary in a variety of methods.

Dead Branches are actually part of the game -- somewhat like the Ragnarok Online anime where they broke one in Prontera. They should actually be player responsibility to take care of. However, abuse of DBs to try to disrupt other players from playing is covered under the rules as well (Rule #4 although it requires clarification as its header is only for MVPs/Minibosses): "Also you are NOT allowed to heal or buff or drop monsters on anyone."

And while I say that it's player responsibility to avoid them, team up and kill, or play around them, I am trying to make it clear that we are dealing with them as necessary. If you run into a DB spawned monster and it hasn't been taken care of as needed, feel free to report it so we can eliminate it.

On some servers, some players even liked to make it an event of gathering up people to go adventure and save players being killed by a DB spawned monster -- we don't want to take those situations away either.
minzo
Marin
Marin

Post by minzo »

+1 I killd like 20 non gongryun monsters and there are still some monsters walking (like frus)
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

-1 i like dropping dbs on afk people
yuugi
Drops
Drops

Post by yuugi »

i think you should implement the private rooms dont like wasting my dbs for other ppl
tired
Poporing
Poporing

Post by tired »

Sakaretsu wrote:-1 i like dropping dbs on afk people
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

So Koma, you're going to say it's the responsibility of players when it comes to dead branches.

What about new players? Do you not like them?

I can't exactly kill much of anything that linger after dead branches are spawned on my lovely little level 70whatever Alchemist.

People ARE disrupting the game. For new players. But if you're not interested on gaining and KEEPING new players, then let's allow the players to govern themselves.

Like it's totally cool for someone to drop 50 dead branches on me while I'm sitting in Hidden Temple, leveling my homunc. If afk loot/exp is disabled after 3min, why are people harassing me? ( I haven't ever even been afk....... )

Yeah, let them govern themselves. Aheuh.

Could it at least be disabled in Ant Hell? I mean come on... of all maps...
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

I'm actually just saying report it with @request. We'll take care of what we can.

The constant use in other areas should drop with the implementation of an arena/private arena system for branches. If not, it's pretty obvious why people are doing them in Ant Hell or Payon Dungeon.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

Koma wrote:If not, it's pretty obvious why people are doing them in Ant Hell or Payon Dungeon.
I can dig it. I'll be patient. You can close this if need be.