(+) Mini WoE

Accepted suggestions because we like you so much.
Syze
Poporing
Poporing

Re: Mini WoE

Post by Syze »

as a side-note, i SERIOUSLY doubt this server will be able to woe SE properly as it stands

i say remove SE at least for another couple weeks until everyone is fully geared for SE and knows what they are doing
Hedus
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Hedus »

Canceling mini WoE!?

I see that a lot of people here don't see the point since it has no rewards, and some people can't make it, but why cancel it? Those who would rather real WoE can just go to real WoE, and those who love mini WoE can also go to mini WoE. You can always make another real WoE, or change the time of it, without canceling this one. You can also just another mini WoE at another time. These changes create more oppertunities for people to enjoy the game, whereas canceling mini WoE only decreases some people's fun. It is by far the least beneficial action. Please keep mini WoE. It is one of the things I missed most from crescendo.

If your concern is getting a WoE available for non NA players, why not change one of the weekend WoEs to a better time? That gives one real WoE at a good time for NA players, one that isnt, and then a mini WoE for those who are addicted to mini WoE. And if you don't want only some people to be able to make it to the Mini WoE, add another one.

Please tell me what is wrong with this solution if you do not like it, and why you believe canceling Mini WoE altogether is the best thing to do.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

Hedus wrote:Mini WoE is an AWESOME idea. It gives players tons of fun without the serious hardcore players there to make it all about winning. Do NOT cancel mini woe please.

As for times, Mini WoE is at a perfect time for anyone in NA, changing it to be good for Europe will make all your NA players complain just as much. Being during the week really limits the times due to school.

One thing to do would be to keep mini WoE how it is: fun and available to people who are in school. And instead change the real WoE to a suitable time for European players. Weekend WoEs can be at more general time because people are not restricted by school.

If European players really do want to have the mini WoE time changed, then you could just create a second mini WoE with another one of the castles and make the time good for European players. There are no rewards so having a second castle doesn't matter, and instead of ruining fun for certain people, it would give everyone a chance for fun.

Hedus, with all due respect, Sat and Sun WoE are already so perfect for NA players.

You cant have your cake and eat it too.

Schooling and Education are two very, very, very different things.[/i]
Hedus
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Hedus »

Hedus, with all due respect, Sat and Sun WoE are already so perfect for NA players.
That is why I suggested changing one of the weekend WoE, or adding another mini WoE that is good for other players outside of NA.

I am not saying keep everything perfect for NA. I am saying that you can make it good for everyone and still have mini WoE.
minzo
Marin
Marin

Post by minzo »

Mini WoE is good date, But I why not WoE FE on Friday, and SE on Saturday?
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

As for the Mini-Woe ---> Asian/Euro Woe option:

I think that we have to strike the middle ground here. I see that it may be true that there arent as many players in Eu/Asia atm, but converting to an outright "dummy woe" i.e. 0 castle drops isnt exactly the best plan of action. From what I see, I think that the server admin should initiate attracting WoE players to the server and not the other way around.

From the status quo, it is stipulated that Asian/EU WoE may be ok but since there may not be much support, i.e. not as many players who will participate, then castle drops are disabled. The problem here is that there is very little incentive for Asian/EU WoE guilds to participate in this. The main reason for the abolition of Mini-WoE is because very few participated, and it can reasonably be attributed to the lack of anything at stake except bragging rights. It has been shown that bragging rights aint enough.

So whats the point?

I think that the middle ground is setting Asian/EU WoE Castle drops to a lower rate, say 2x or so, instead of 10x(or in the proposed case, 0x). This way, theoretically, the rewards of owning a castle will be more commensurate to the difficulty of maintaining its ownership.
Last edited by Resolve on Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Resolve wrote: It has been shown that bragging rights aint enough.
Sakaretsu
Bomb Poring
Bomb Poring

Post by Sakaretsu »

rephikul wrote:
No.
Resolve
Metaling
Metaling

Post by Resolve »

rephikul wrote:

Then that means I go for higher-value pixels.

Isinha
Drops
Drops

Post by Isinha »

novice woe /awsm