Name & Sex Change NPC

Nullified suggestions are shown here. These are the denied changes.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Name & Sex Change NPC

Post by Koma »

Not sure why you're still going on about that when I didn't even mention it in the last post -- but I had already conceded to the idea of implementation if you read my post a few back.

As far as doubting alot of people will donate to get their names changed and such, that's the idea of course -- to prevent heavy usage. You know my stance on donations -- we could completely do without donations and you know that I could pull that off. The option is just *there*.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Sorry to nitpick you Salang, but I agree with this guy here.
Castile wrote:You had the chance to name your character and give it the right gender already, if you blew it you deserve to be stuck with it. Having this system would do absolutely nothing but cause confusion towards a given character's identity.
Still if this got through, when somebody chose to name change (donation or otherwise,) a global announcement should be made of him adopting the new name, getting rid of the old past and attempting for a fresh start blah blah.

On a side note, I have Trash and Loser here just like I did on crescendo and proud of it.
Salang
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Salang »

Apology rejected. Castile's post is dumb, the option to get your name and sex changed is there already, only via donation. My suggestion was to make it via an npc so people woudnt have to pay for it since they could at any time make a character just as easily with a new name/sex, i dont know how it would cause confusion if you could just do a new character also.

And sure, I'm not agaisnt a global annoucement of name/sex change if this suggestion gets aproved. But I'm done repeating myself.
Jazy | Salang | Illusionism

http://hosted.filefront.com/Salang

Llysa
Drops
Drops

Post by Llysa »

I'm confused by the people who are arguing against name/sex change. What is your point? It is already permited here and being offered via donation.

Is it possible to have a name/sex change option without having to go the donation route? Some people don't want to spend real money for these things. It doesn't have to be automated, can be done manually by gms for a (high) fee.

Maybe setting up a public record of these changes to prevent abuse?
It also strengthens the abuse of the I/L difference
Kind of off topic but, can't this be prevented by choosing a font ingame where they do not look identical?
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

The topic was made when name change donation wasnt announced thus the heavy rebuttal.

On the font topic, I have requested for different, easier to read font myself and their stance is pretty much "We are too lazy to do it" ;p
Castile
Santa Poring
Santa Poring

Post by Castile »

Salang wrote:Apology rejected. Castile's post is dumb, the option to get your name and sex changed is there already, only via donation. My suggestion was to make it via an npc so people woudnt have to pay for it since they could at any time make a character just as easily with a new name/sex, i dont know how it would cause confusion if you could just do a new character also.

And sure, I'm not agaisnt a global annoucement of name/sex change if this suggestion gets aproved. But I'm done repeating myself.
So your entire reasoning for wanting it is that you can already do it? Making it available in game for zeny makes the donation portion of it entirely redundant. It would be easier for people if you just remove the donation thing and make the NPC, yeah. I still see no reason for this to exist though. Like you say, people can just make a new character if they don't like their name. It's your own fault for being stupid, why do you need people to save you from it? Just pay the GMs some cash and fix it that way, make a new character, or live with it.

I'll concede that having an absurd in-game price makes it more reasonable, though I can't imagine why someone would waste effort on such a trivial thing.
Dook
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Dook »

So you are saying that renaming/sex change SHOULD NOT be a donation package because it allows people to cheat.
Koma
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Koma »

In reference to being lazy -- even though I'm pretty sure I didn't say that -- it wasn't in reference to this or we wouldn't have implemented the donation system to begin with.
Peroxide
Poporing
Poporing

Post by Peroxide »

Do you just want this because of your female SinX?

Name change option is a no. I don't need to state the obvious as others already have.

Sex change option, doesn't bother me so much. I'm sure it might be an issue for people with Gypsy/Clown on the account. Or might bother people in PVP/WOE. To me, though, really doesn't make a difference.

You yourself said that it is equally as easy to just remake.

So... remake? Or donate? You have two completely viable options. GL, get to work.
rephikul
Marin
Marin

Post by rephikul »

Peroxide wrote:Do you just want this because of your female SinX?
Salang's Salang has been around since forever. My good bet is that he want to fix those I IS PRO SO I NAME MY CHAR IN ALL CAPS characters ;p